My Ninja 650R

I ended up ordering a slightly more expensive jacket from Castle streetwear and ended up having just enough left in paypal too order a cheapo tank protector.

And I have now officially passed. Should be getting the paperwork in the mail and then I'll be able to go get my license. I really enjoyed the second day especially. The first day didn't challenge me at all but then the second day I really had to put what I knew into practice which I liked. The only problem was this cute girl who caused me to tune out what the instructors were saying half the time... Hopefully she'll hit me up too ride some time. :cool:

Finally made it official today and got my M class added to my license. Yay!

Now I'll be ordering a slip on this friday hopefully. I think I'm going with the Jardine GP1. I like it because it's louder than hell. :)

^Nice, (About license.)

I think I'm going with the Jardine GP1. I like it because it's louder than hell. :)

Until you hear an old bike with straight pipes...

Edit: :( I missed my 2000th post, ah well, only need a thousand more.

Someone at work has a 1500cc harley with vance & hines pipes. If it were not as loud it would probably sound like crap. Thank god it shakes the earth when he rides by.

Louder = better.

I locked the rear brake today. Scared the piss out of myself. I modulated it and got the skid under control but I was sweating bullets.

Lol, congrats on your first wheel lock, after a while it'll be nothing, then you can try locking the front.

When I was racing I was trying to open up the gas earlier and earlier and on the last turn the bikes rear started to come out a bit, fixed it and went on but my Dad though that I was going to lose it lol.

It wouldn't have been a big deal if I hadn't have been traveling at such a high speed... Bone headed move on my part. I actually thought I had a flat at first because I didn't think I was using that much rear brake. Might have been because I was in my work boots?

No but I'm pretty sure everyone within at least half a mile hates it. A co-worker was driving behind me today in his car about 6-8 cars behind and he still commented that it was louder than hell.

picture16317.jpg

picture16318.jpg

picture16319.jpg

picture16320.jpg

picture16321.jpg

My R6 shot flames(for reference)...I plan on making the R1 do it too.:lol: But yeah, those shorty pipes are SUPER loud. Aint no way to sneak around with the engine running thats for sure. But get some video of fire.

Bike is in the shed for the winter and I'm dying to ride again. It was 2 degrees outside when I left for work the other day!!! It doesn't help that one of the guys from work is taking his GSXR600 down to the dragon soon while my bike still needs a few thingsbefore spring.

In other news I just ordered an OEM rear seat cowl so it'll be a one seater now and I ordered a sport handle bar so it'll sit more forward/lower than before.

I am thinking about lowering it now but I'm unsure if I should mess with the suspension geometry just so it'll look cooler. About an inch is all I want.

After that I am thinking about getting sticker tires but nothing crazy. Suggestions?

Lastly I need to replace the chain and sprocket. Would it be worth getting sprockets with more/less teeth to improve acceleration? The gearing is already pretty close.

You lose cornering ability when you lower it. So unless its just so you can better touch the ground why mess with hours of R&D work?

And on your sprocket question, bikes are already fast, so do you plan to pop wheelies easier? Because that's what would happen.

I wouldn't lower the bike. You'll be trying to raise it back up soon after. As for the sprockets I would go with the factory tooth count. Changing the ratio on a sport bike is over rated. It's really only needed for drag or track use.

I just want it to look sportier. I'm 6 foot and have no issues with touching the ground.

After doing some research some people recommend actually adding a tooth or two too the front sprocket. Its been suggested this might help keep the bike in the power band longer. Thoughts?

And lastly about the tires. I hadn't bothered to look up reviews on the bridgestones that came on it but it turns out they're fairly poorly reviewed. Should I upgrade to a better sport touring/standard tire or is there an entry level street/sport tire that might work well without needing lots of warm up?

Also when you change the gear ratio your speedo will be off, I don't suggest doing it for street use. If you want a sportier bike look into a supersport. Also do you know if they make that exhaust for an '06 ZX6R?

Jardine makes a lot of exhausts. I'm sure they would have one for a ZX6. A guy at work has one on his CBR600RR.

I think the stock speedo reads high anyway. I'm not sure. I never look at it anyway.

I want a faster bike but I'm not sure I want to compromise and get a more expensive, higher maintenance supersport. I still consider myself a new rider so I think this power level is about right. Perhaps next year I'll look into a used R6 or something once I get more miles under my belt.

Jardine makes a lot of exhausts. I'm sure they would have one for a ZX6. A guy at work has one on his CBR600RR.

I think the stock speedo reads high anyway. I'm not sure. I never look at it anyway.

I want a faster bike but I'm not sure I want to compromise and get a more expensive, higher maintenance supersport. I still consider myself a new rider so I think this power level is about right. Perhaps next year I'll look into a used R6 or something once I get more miles under my belt.

Stock sprocket size is still better. i havent changed the ones on 600rr or 1000rr. I'll change the looks of the sprocket but not the size. No added speedo healers or higher rpm for cruising. To tall a gearing and less response will be a downfall.

Super sport is about the same to maintain as your bike. The main difference would be added price for tires.

The problem with my bike is it has very short gearing as is and it stops making power well sort of its redline. I was Thinking slightly longer gearing would give more time in the powerband not to mention how it could really use an over drive gear as I find I often try to shift up while already in 6th.

I just checked their site. I'm probably going with a Yoshimura RS-5 because I can get a full setup for the price of a RT-1 slip on.

Back