My Ninja 650R

If I go to a slightly smaller sidewall in the front would that help turn in or should I stay with stock size? I figure doing that and cranking up the preload on the rear spring would help stiffen up the handling without having to spend the money for adjustable suspension bits.

Anyone use Michelin Pilot Road 2s? I'll likely go with those or the bridgestone BT-023. Both have fairly good reviews online. The bike came stock with BT-021s which have terrible reviews so I won't be buying another one.

Also, because race bike. :)

Image078.JPG

:scared: Don't do any stuff with the suspension, you don't need it for a roadbike.
Example: The RZ350 I raced on had a larger than stock rear tire fitted.
Presumably because the guy thought that "bigger is better". :rolleyes:
The profile was so messed up that it curved weird and lost traction more suddenly, and despite scraping the PIPES!, there was still a good centimetre of chicken strip on each side.

There is lots of what not to do but not much what I should be doing. Selling the bike isn't an option right now so I want to improve it where I can.

I would suggest going over to newninja.com or downloading their iOS app and asking there. If the have a box for who you were recommended by put NDog65 :sly: And just a warning, they love pics!

Seems like a small site for 250s?

Almost everyone rides a 600 or 1000. 12 250/300 riders, 7 ZX6R riders, 3 ZX10R riders, 2 Ninja 500 riders, 9 650R riders, 3 ZX12R riders, and 2 Z1000 riders. This was from a poll in October 2012.

Well I signed up.

I just ordered some frame sliders and a 520 chain kit with stock 46/15 tooth sprockets.

Later this week I'm planning to order some tires. I'm thinking the Michelin Pilot road 2s. I know the Road 3 is out but it looks like more of a rain tire?

I will be taking the bike to the local bike shop for tire fitting soon. I was going to attempt to install the new frame sliders myself until I found out I have to remove an engine bracket. I'm thinking I may have them do that as well now.

Photos!!!!

I got the seat cowl and the sport bars on. Haven't ridden it yet as its raining and just above freezing. Looks good though.

535930_464077346986876_1762173303_n.jpg

481594_464093886985222_855148703_n.jpg

Latest Posts

Back