Mystery of Missing Seattle Circuit

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 75 comments
Why did PD feel it necessary to tease us with obvious clips of Seattle? What is it really? Are they being told to do things like that by Sony? Are they just having fun with us in a really misguided way? Or does recent evidence point to the same old reason for most PD flubs: Someone's vision is too big for the team to complete.

Seattle was waved in front of our faces over a year ago. Understandably we all got really excited. Many of us thought it (and the NSX Concept) would surely be in GT5. What. The. 🤬

Why did PD feel it necessary to tease us with obvious clips of Seattle? What is it really? Are they being told to do things like that by Sony? Are they just having fun with us in a really misguided way? Or does recent evidence point to the same old reason for most PD flubs: Someone's vision is too big for the team to complete.

Seattle was waved in front of our faces over a year ago. Understandably we all got really excited. Many of us thought it (and the NSX Concept) would surely be in GT5. What. The. 🤬
I know a reason why it was held back. To sell as DLC for $$$, $$$ and $$$. Oh, did I forget to mention it was to gain $$$?

As much as I love that track, I will not be giving PD any money for anything until they fix all the issues, then they should give us all the missing tracks for free to try and make up for the cluster:censored: that's been GT5/6 so far.
I hear ya, its hard to justify giving them money for dlc now. But if I were to make an exception Seattle might be it.

It was modeled after some real streets in downtown Seatle.
It seems those streets have been altered due to a new stadium (if I understand correctly)

In the old circuit you crossed a traintrack, I think he wants to know if that train track is still there in real life.
So it might be i the "new' seatle track

The train tracks are still there; but the street that crosses them (S Royal Brougham Way) doesn't go through anymore. Instead, you have to go south to the other side of Safeco Field, where a new overpass for Edgar Martinez Dr goes between 4th Ave and 1st Ave. At the current rate, the 'new' layout won't be complete until about 2017, so look for it in GT8 Prologue.

Back in the day on GT4 my former roommate and I used to try and one-up each other on the Seattle Circuit in a black '71 Cuda (the 440+6 was sooo much prettier than the Hemi with the ridiculous black or white inset on the quarter panel that we have now). Beating each other by a even a thousandth of a second felt like a huge victory. Good times. Thanks for bringing this up, OP. Hadn't thought about that in a long while.

As much as I love that track, I will not be giving PD any money for anything until they fix all the issues, then they should give us all the missing tracks for free to try and make up for the cluster:censored: that's been GT5/6 so far.
Same here, I love seattle but i will not pay for it if its simply upscaled from GT4, If its ps3 standard and they finish the game off 1st then i will consider it

Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-stands.gif

I would have thought the argument would have been: "I will not be giving PD any money for anything because these are essentially imported PlayStation 2 tracks with little to none visual enhancement"

maybe the track's not just ready yet, but I agree, would love to see it return :D............................hmm, maybe they'll bundle Midfield Raceway, Red Rock Valley, Tahiti Circuit (w/ Tahiti Maze), Smokey Mountain Dirt Track, Complex String...........and all the other missing GT tracks!

:eek: :drool: *daydreaming*

Last edited:
Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-stands.gif

I would have thought the argument would have been: "I will not be giving PD any money for anything because these are essentially imported PlayStation 2 tracks with little to none visual enhancement"
Laguna Seca is the worst offender of this, same damn track from 10 years ago.
Daytona is also mentionable because they scanned the track in 2006 (I can tell by sponsor logos around it). Even though it was in Prologue, the track is radically different ever since it was repaved in 2010. I'd be less mad about it if they didn't have NASCARs at Daytona at night in most trailers, turning it into a cheap gimmick (We won't update, but look! Lights!) that should of been in GT5 anyway

Back