Mystery of Missing Seattle Circuit

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 75 comments

FoRiZon

(Banned)
Singapore
Singapore

In the trailer, there is a clip that shows Seattle Circuit. Where is it now and why we getting the apricot hill instead.

Its not bad, just surprising. Especially when its got weather and time changes.

As a Seattle-area resident, this has always been one of my favorite tracks. However, it's been something of a 'fantasy' track pretty much since the release of GT2, as the demolition of the Kingdome in 2000 and the subsequent construction of CenturyLink Field and the Events Center, along with street and freeway revisions, have made the original layout impossible to completely duplicate in real life. Currently, this area is in a state of ordered chaos as a tunnel is being bored for Highway 99, and the old viaduct (the elevated roadway next to the front straight) will be torn down about 2 years from now. So, either it's simply the refreshed classic layout that we'll see in a future update/DLC, or they *might* be making a new layout based on the new city map. We shall see...

Could it be because the new physics and those nasty uphill jumps after the first tunnel? They probably would need to smooth out the track first. Other than that, I would love for it to make a return. With full time change if possible.

I think it would be pretty hard to create a city track since you'd have to create parts of a city first. Also Seattle changed since 2004, so they'd have to create the changed parts too.

Though I never really cared about Seattle. The New York track was way better and less weird (no jumps).

Last edited:
Yeah, I think the circuit wasn't and (maybe) isn't done yet. They probably modelled up that one area to make it ready for the video, but the rest of the circuit probably wasn't at that level yet. Although at the same time it still didn't look that great so maybe that area wasn't even done yet.

Either way, I think we can probably expect it as a DLC track in the coming months.

On the video you can see that the textures on the buildings are very low-res if you look closely enough. It appears to be the GT4 version of the circuit.

My guess is that the circuit in the video iswait for ita placeholder (remember the unfinished SSRX in the Spec 2.0 intro?) and we'll get a remodelled version as DLC.

On the video you can see that the textures on the buildings are very low-res if you look closely enough. It appears to be the GT4 version of the circuit.

My guess is that the circuit in the video iswait for ita placeholder (remember the unfinished SSRX in the Spec 2.0 intro?) and we'll get a remodelled version as DLC.

I'm still waiting for SSR 11.:grumpy:

Hard to say what PD is doing with this track, will this be DLC?, but looking at it there has been some work done. The time of day seems to be set at GT2 time of day, GT4 version the trees, signage Guardrail are different.

GT4

GT4.JPG

Acura NSX Concept Video

seattle-2-638x358.jpg

Last edited:
If PD is simply revamping their old, outdated model of Seattle, then I'd expect it should show it's face in GT6 soon…

But, also as a Seattleite, I know that Seattle has changed MASSIVELY from the model used in the old GT games - so they COULD be starting fresh and basing the track on the current-day, (maybe even future, with finished construction?) city…

Now, if PD wanted to do some advertising, they could show up at the Seattle Auto Show in July… But I REALLY hope we don't have to wait that long...

Last edited:
I was going to say they might have ditched it because of the crazy jumps but after launching my car off the hill part of the Matterhorn track I can't imagine that is the reason. Even if the track doesn't represent Seattle anymore I sure would love to have it back.. :(

They are probably deciding on whether the update to it's actual look or to just update the original idea of the course. I'd go with the original course and PD can just weather with day/night shift and just bring up the visuals to a higher level. Nothing is better than having the original one more time and not lost in the annals of history forever. Although I am more stoked for the return of MidField Raceway, such a cool course in GT.

So much nostalgia. Seattle Circuit and Midfield Raceway were my favourite tracks in GT2. I wasn't aware of Seattle being in a trailer until now. Hopefully we get it in DLC.

As others have noted, Seattle has changed significantly since that model. The Kingdom is gone, in fact the whole stadium area is changed with new streets and freeway ramps. The waterfront and Alaskan Way Viaduct (the straight that you start on and underneath the viaduct structure) is set to massively change in 2-3 years time. Half the track would have to be completely redrawn if Seattle returns, plus updating all the graphics of all the businesses and buildings that have changed along the rest of the track.

Could it be because the new physics and those nasty uphill jumps after the first tunnel? They probably would need to smooth out the track first. Other than that, I would love for it to make a return. With full time change if possible.

Seattle is a very very hilly city, and I think that if anything, the track doesn't accurately represent just how steep some of those streets are, and other than the first big uphill, PD chose a route that has actually very mild slopes for when going downhill. Does make for an interesting driving challenge though.

To smooth out the track, the track would either need to move out of the downtown area to the industrial area to the south or the city needs to be flattened in real life, and I don't see either scenario happening.

Now, if PD wanted to do some advertising, they could show up at the Seattle Auto Show in July… But I REALLY hope we don't have to wait that long...

Seattle Auto Show is usually in October...

As a Seattle-area resident, this has always been one of my favorite tracks. However, it's been something of a 'fantasy' track pretty much since the release of GT2, as the demolition of the Kingdome in 2000 and the subsequent construction of CenturyLink Field and the Events Center, along with street and freeway revisions, have made the original layout impossible to completely duplicate in real life. Currently, this area is in a state of ordered chaos as a tunnel is being bored for Highway 99, and the old viaduct (the elevated roadway next to the front straight) will be torn down about 2 years from now. So, either it's simply the refreshed classic layout that we'll see in a future update/DLC, or they *might* be making a new layout based on the new city map. We shall see...
Can you/anyone live in seattle send me a photo comparation from old/gt4/NSX trailer to the new one? I'm interested to see the changes.

PD can simply throw in the revamped version of the old track and i would be perfectly happy...

... Which i doubt ... the next best option is a remapped, new Seattle track...

Still the memories are quite strong and the desire for the old track wont go away.

I know the hills I wouldn't want in a real street course, but the nostalgia part I could live with it.
We already have Cape Ring and Eiger Norwood with jumps.

I also live not far from Seattle and would love to see it return. It was actually one of my favorite tracks and not because I live near it. It had a little of everything and was a very fun track. It's borderline criminal that it hasn't returned yet.

Back