NA vs EU version

  • Thread starter Thread starter alucard0712
  • 105 comments
  • 7,673 views

If you outside US will you import or wait?

  • Import NA version, It's earlier!

    Votes: 24 21.4%
  • Buy EU version 3 weeks later and hope 12 languages worth it...

    Votes: 88 78.6%

  • Total voters
    112
Messages
2,110
Russian Federation
Russia
Should I import or wait?
What the difference between two?
Kaz says that GT5 will be available on 12 languages, so both of them have 12 languages or just EU version?

(I don't want to watch GT5 videos for a month, because GT is such a good game that I want to discover by myself :) But at the same time I don't have enough will power to resist youtube...:scared:)

NA version - earlier.may be the same as EU version.on 2nd november.
EU version - will be available on many languages, may be little better and/or have more content.on 24 november.
 
Last edited:
wait, you've waited 5 years and you're already watching videos.
 
I will import 👍 The other copy will just be left for future 3-screen setup :)

Any recommendation what would be the best place to import from? Any experiences?
 
I will import 👍 The other copy will just be left for future 3-screen setup :)

Any recommendation what would be the best place to import from? Any experiences?

I doubt two different versions would work together for the 3 screen setups.
 
Say I get the NA version to play here in Australia, will matchmaking match me with u.s players? Hmmm spose we don't even know how that works yet anyway!!...
 
I will import 👍 The other copy will just be left for future 3-screen setup :)

Any recommendation what would be the best place to import from? Any experiences?

Hoho fabulous!


I won't import I already my pre-order on the collector edition at amazon.
Even if the 22 days are going to be really hard!
 
In the past (with GT? Can't remember to be honest...), haven't EU versions had a little extra as they've been later?

Although with downloadable patches etc. now, and online, I suppose all versions will have to be the same?
 
I will import 👍 The other copy will just be left for future 3-screen setup :)

I'm sure they will have install option for that! :sly:

Although with downloadable patches etc. now, and online, I suppose all versions will have to be the same?

THAT is the question!
 
GT5 may not be the same of course, but other PS3 games have had region specific DLC. That would mean that if you buy a foreign version you will have to buy DLC from the appropriate foreign Playstation Store. Assuming of course GT5 is going to have DLC...
 
I doubt two different versions would work together for the 3 screen setups.

Might be. Hope they clarify also this matter when the time comes.
 
i'm waiting from 5 years, i can wait 20 days longer..
 
Would'nt that be 5 months? ;)

I'd guess he was reffering to the time GT5 has been in the making in total.
But, yeah, I agree with that. It's been such a long wait, twenty additional days won't kill me.
 
I'd guess he was reffering to the time GT5 has been in the making in total.
But, yeah, I agree with that. It's been such a long wait, twenty additional days won't kill me.

Oh lol.
 
yes.. obviously from the 2 of novembre:tup:
 
I wish to import - but there can be problems with potential DLC. Games are not region locked but DLC happens to be (like LBP was in example). And sometimes problems can occur with EU>US credit card payment. So i just....wait....
 
I'm definately going to wait. I dont know how match making in the online lobbies might be affected, having a US disc i mean, actually it probably wont thinking about it.

Main reason for waiting though... Hopefully there'll be an even better collectors edition! :D
 
If the EU release date was set for six months after the NA release, I think I'd import but here I'll have enough nails to eat on my hands (and on my feet for the worst)...
 
In buying the EU version I am hoping they dont include the extremely boring Nascar cars and races.
 
Of course they will include that...if you dont like them just dont play that part....geezzzz
 
In buying the EU version I am hoping they dont include the extremely boring Nascar cars and races.
EU version will have Nascar, what`s up with people like me who loves Nascar?👎
 
I will wait... 12 languages won't be worth it, but 'colour' instead of 'color' might be ;)
 
I will wait... 12 languages won't be worth it, but 'colour' instead of 'color' might be ;)

Don't become a software / web developer :scared:;)

I'll probably wait too really, whether I'll gorge on videos is the bigger question...
 
Will both versions of the game use the same leaderboards?
If they do I might have to import it just to see my name near the top for a few minutes :crazy:
 
I have supported PD with two copies of Prologue and I would probably do the same but not for 22 days. It's just not worth it and PD really learned me to be very patient already. :)
 
I have been waiting for years... i don't mind wait for a few months... (And i have problems with english XD)
 
Of course they will include that...if you dont like them just dont play that part....geezzzz

What if its compulsary to play that bit to continue in career mode? I wouldnt be able to go any further so I would have no other choice to play that bit so I dont want5 that in GT. Anyway whats your source that it will be in the eu version?
 
What if its compulsary to play that bit to continue in career mode? I wouldnt be able to go any further so I would have no other choice to play that bit so I dont want5 that in GT. Anyway whats your source that it will be in the eu version?

http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/d13413p2.html

Since the official Gran Turismo EU site shows that NASCAR will be in ...
 
Back