NASCAR 2012 Thread

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 9,370 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
A chevy wins the race, a ford driver wins the championship, and a toyota team wins the owners title.

I just thought of something: Remember When Kyle Larson was first announced as a Ganassi Development driver? He's been driving for a Truck team with a Hendrick Affilation while having EGR on the hood. Should we have known all along that EGR was not staying with RCR's engines?

Can someone post a YouTube video of the Nationwide finish? Apparently anything YouTube and PS3 related takes hours to update and I can't find a damn thing. :grumpy:

Can someone post a YouTube video of the Nationwide finish? Apparently anything YouTube and PS3 related takes hours to update and I can't find a damn thing. :grumpy:

I'll see what I can find but so far nothing is up.

For all intents and purposes Keselowski has already won, he's just a 400-mile cruise from his crown.

Congratulations to all winners from the Nationwide race. And to confirm about the Jr. deal... the last two Nationwide/Grand National (I want to call it Grand National, because that's how I've always known the series even before the Busch days) series championships in successive seasons were Martin Truex Jr. and Dale Earnhardt Jr. Ricky Stenhouse Jr. now joins that successive winner list. Also, I could say that there probably hasn't been a Jr. that has won the title more than twice in succession.

You know what's up for Sunday- NASCAR Cup championship. "Bad Brad" Keselowski vs. Jimmie Johnson. Either it will be Brad's first title or Jimmie's sixth title. Tomorrow afternoon will tell how the 2012 season will end.

For all intents and purposes Keselowski has already won, he's just a 400-mile cruise from his crown.

Not really, it's very possible he could finish outside of the top 15, which would open the door for Johnson.

Not really, it's very possible he could finish outside of the top 15, which would open the door for Johnson.

No. Keselowski cannot lose, His championship is bought and paid for. Helton will throw all the cautions needed to ensure he wins should he have an accident, he might even allow them to pull out a backup, red flag the race, and give keselowski a few dozen practice laps just to make sure Penske gets the championship that he paid Helton for. This entire sport is about money, popularity, and whatever person pays Helton the most money.

Yeah, if you put on your tinfoil hat and think so.

I'm sorry, but this stuff is just getting old really fast. I was about annoyed with people saying that about Johnson.

No. Keselowski cannot lose, His championship is bought and paid for. Helton will throw all the cautions needed to ensure he wins should he have an accident, he might even allow them to pull out a backup, red flag the race, and give keselowski a few dozen practice laps just to make sure Penske gets the championship that he paid Helton for. This entire sport is about money, popularity, and whatever person pays Helton the most money.

Do you think before you hit "submit reply"?

If this sport was about who can make NASCAR the most money, we'd have a lot more minority's in Cup other than just Juan and Danica.

If this sport was about who can make NASCAR the most money, we'd have a lot more minority's in Cup other than just Juan and Danica.

Not to mention Danica would have had at least a win by now.:lol:

So, the other points battle going on today is for the right to be on the stage at Vegas. The top 5 in points (Brad, Jimmie, Kasey, Clint, and Denny) are locked in, while Dale Jr is officially locked out in 12th. So 6 cars are racing for 5 Stage spots.
I think both Biffle and Matt will be good to go (Great track for both and a large lead on 11th). Harvick is questionable- he sucks here and he's only around 20 ahead of 11th. Tony is Tony-he'll probably make it unless he has bad luck today
Now, the real story will be 10th and 11th (Truex and Gordon), who are separated by only 4 points :scared:

So, the other points battle going on today is for the right to be on the stage at Vegas. The top 5 in points (Brad, Jimmie, Kasey, Clint, and Denny) are locked in, while Dale Jr is officially locked out in 12th. So 6 cars are racing for 5 Stage spots.
I think both Biffle and Matt will be good to go (Great track for both and a large lead on 11th). Harvick is questionable- he sucks here and he's only around 20 ahead of 11th. Tony is Tony-he'll probably make it unless he has bad luck today
Now, the real story will be 10th and 11th (Truex and Gordon), who are separated by only 4 points :scared:

Vegas?! Don't you mean Miami? :lol:

Brad Keselowski vs. Jimmie Johnson today! Winner gets the 2012 Cup championship. The loser... has to settle for next season. "Bad Brad" needs only finish 15th or better to win the title. "Five-Time" can be "Six-Time" if Keselowski fails to hold off Jimmie Johnson.

It's a heavyweight fight- NASCAR style. I am NOT making any picks, but part of me wants Brad Keselowski to win in Dodge's swan song from NASCAR. Going out in style is always cool, isn't it?

Good luck to both title contenders, as well as every other racer and team starting at Homestead for the 2012 season-ending race in Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back