NASCAR 2012 Thread

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 9,370 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now something else is happening to Johnson's car. Poor Jimmie...

:sly:

Oh, goodness. This ends up being a bit anticlimactic. Does Bowyer have a shot to finish second in the points now?

Edit: Apparently so.

Oh, goodness. This ends up being a bit anticlimactic. Does Bowyer have a shot to finish second in the points now?

Kahne and Bowyer can. Everyone else? I believe they cannot.

I guess somewhere about half way through the Phoenix race the golden horseshoe fell out of Jimmie's butt. :lol:

What happened to Johnson pretty much eats up most of the Hendrick tinfoil hat conspiracies.

Johnson radioed that there was a smell of oil smoke, brought it to garage and done.

What I meant was that it throws the conspiracy theories out the window. Maybe I should have used a term other than "eats up".

You would think so, but I'll bet you a large sum of money that they'll be out in force again next season if Johnson is anywhere near contention.

Only if Bowyer passes him in points. Ever heard of the runner-up curse?

Also, it's kind of ironic how Lowe's slogan is, "Never stop improving". Well, it didn't happen for Johnson. :lol:

The front runners (Gordon and Bowyer) should be good on fuel.

Note how Gordon and HMS has yet to win at Homestead. Wouldn't it be awesome for him to end the season on a high note at a track he hasn't won at yet?

Based on the radio chatter, it sounds like Brad's goal after Johnson went to the garage was to finish 15th or better - i.e. the spot he would have needed to finish in regardless of what happened to Johnson. And he's done it.

A great conclusion to the 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup season. My favorite driver wins the race and Keselowski wins the championship. :D:tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back