NASCAR Heat 2 Coming to PS4, XB1 and PC This Fall

Anyone wanna try and figure out the drivers from the screenshots? Here's what I've gathered from both a youtube comment and the digging I've done:

Xfinity (9)
Justin Allgaier
Ryan Reed
Micheal Annett
Elliot Sadler
Aric Almorola (Which is abit conflicting since he's a cup driver)
Cole Custer? (At least that's what I'm guessing with that white Ford in the Pocono shot)
Darrell Wallace Jr (Which would be slightly messed up considering he's..sorta out of a job right now)
Ray Black Jr
Matt Tifft
Brennen Poole

Trucks (13)
Chase Briscoe
Ryan Truex
Noah Gragson
John Hunter Nemechek
Austin Cindric
Tyler Young
Matt Crafton
Christopher Bell
Cody Coughlin
Grant Enfinger
Myatt Snider
Jennifer Jo Cobb
Korbin Forrister

Also, I'm surprised nobody here used these shots from before E3:

nh26.11610a.jpg

That adds Brandon Jones, Daniel Suarez and One of the Penske drivers (Either Keseloski, Logano or Blaney)

I wonder if their gonna program driver's like Jennifer Jo Cobb and Ray black jr to run so far off the pace like in real life:lol:

I wonder if their gonna program driver's like Jennifer Jo Cobb and Ray black jr to run so far off the pace like in real life:lol:

Still better then the #168 car of made driver with corny made-up sponsor(I'm looking at you, EA)

Also thanks to a youtube comment, Harrison Rhodes is also in (apparently spotted in the Mid-Ohio Screen, which I can't find).

Don't really know how co-op could work in a NASCAR game unless one person controls the brakes and one person does the steering or it's done by consensus Trackmania-style. 2 player seasons would be nice though.

I enjoyed NHE fine, agree it should've been a 30 dollar game at most. My main issue was the ps2 handling, I was fine with the AI, and the graphics were fine for a NASCAR game, I never expect them to be at the cutting edge.

http://www.operationsports.com/nascar-heat-2-preview-hands-on/

Operation sports had a chance to get their hands on the game. He was pretty positive about the game so far. So one positive review which was from operation sports and one negative review of the game which was from inside sim racing. These of course are early builds. This is exactly why I don't wait on reviews for a game. I buy it and see what I think of it. Everyone definition of a good game is different. Even though NASCAR heat evolution was a bad game overall I still enjoyed the online portion of it because I got a good group of guys to race with on there plus the online isn't bad at all (besides no cautions and damage). If I would've went off what the reviews were saying about the game then I would've missed out on that. Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing more about career mode after reading that article. One of the devs said they put a lot of focus on the career mode this time so I'm really curious to see what they are offering.

Having a look through information about this and looks fun to play. Looked around at Heat 1 and didn't get it. No particular reason. I just didn't. Not a huge NASCAR fan. Just looking to try out oval specific games.

The cover of the game. Looks pretty nice. It's great to see all three manufacturer's represented on the cover instead of just Toyota.

I'm so far not sure why I should get it when it barely seems like an improvement over the last game. I'll acknowledge that it is a Pre-Alpha Build so I know there is a chance it can be better so I really hope it does otherwise it'll just feel like the last game just with some bonus content tacked on. I know people loved the online but as someone who doesn't have PS Plus at the moment, I only have the offline aspects I can enjoy so that is kinda important for me.

I started played Nascar since Nascar 2002 on ps2. I sort of stopped playing after 08 released, not because it was bad or anything, it was because i started playing other games more. I still have it and play it often.

My rant of the recent ones i played
I came back to play the series when Nascar: The Inside Line was recent. When i played it, i love/hate it. The physics were good and represented the cars weight really well. customization is good also being able to move logos and color the cars as you please. But i really hated the Telemetry System and Drafting is Non-Existent. You can pretty pull away from the pack on Talladega and Daytona. The Graphics were amazing as well and Eutechnyx had a good damage model, its noy fully realistic but its there and gets the job done. The sounds are crisp and the Rough V8's still has that signature thunderous rumble sound it always has. I play this occasionally on ps3 but there isnt much people online.

Now as for Nascar Heat Evo, never in my life have ever been so frustrated with a nascar racing game so much. The positive things ill give this game is the nbc presentation and graphics and thats barely a positive in my eyes and driver customization. But besides that, The controls are super stiff and simulation mode is basically oversteer the game. (I play in DS4 btw) The cars physics feel so unexplainably light. Much lighter than the EA games. And Drafting doesnt really have any effect andThe Career mode isnt really interesting and lacks replay value i won the championship in the 2nd season on normal difficulty with 2 upgrades. The DLC that costs money, which is only cosmetic paint schemes and spotters, imo is completly overpriced. That stuff either shouldve been earnable or free.

Now looking at the Nascar Heat 2 screenshots, it looks pretty good, but if it has the physics like i said in my rant above, im not buying unless they improved it. Im glad they added the truck series. Idk why the recent nascar games left out the other series like modifieds/trucks/Nationwide series. I havent seen this feature since the EA games. The graphics have improved a little from the first game and im glad they're bringing split screen back and the ability to look backwards.

My favorite nascar game will always be 2005 Chase for the Cup. It holds a place in my heart.
I wont judge nascar heat 2 until it releases and see what has improved.

But at the same time, i loathe a fully developed nascar game with features i dream of like these...

Replay value

Driver and Car Customization

4 different Tiers of Nascar to compete in.
(Modifieds, Trucks, 2nd Teir, 1st Tier)

Rewards and Unlocks

Allies and Rivals System

Actual Drafting

Different levels of damage

If the physics are arcade, it should be easy and simple to get down with. If its a realistic approach, make it similar to the Eutechnyx games with the weight and grip.

Actual A.I. difficulty levels and no telemetry or Speed Ratings, let the player decide how they want to play.

Wide Variety of tracks and day/night times included.

A type of in game currency to unlock said rewards and paint schemes

Manual Pitstop

Ability to control the car during pace laps, caution laps, cooldown.

Rain to come into effect, rain delays, red flags, etc.

Celebrations

Retro tracks, Fantasy Tracks or Custom Tracks

Different Generations of Cars

And a rocking soundtrack that fits the game.
If a nascar game had some or most of these features in the future ill buy it. For now ill stick with nascar sim racing/nascar 2003 on pc. Nascar 2005 on ps2, and Nascar Inside line on ps3.

Do they honestly think that showcasing the game with the slowest AI setting possible is better marketing? Even if i was a casual racer, being able to blow by the ai like that would discourage me from buying it

They couldn't get them into the game most likely because of licensing reasons. Blame GMS. I don't get why a team would denied to be in a video game. That's advertising your sponsors.

Yes. Still seems strange not to have the series champion in the game though.

New video of Eldora.

Race Settings
AI Difficulty: 103
Race Length: 7%
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Normal
Flags: All Flags
Damage: Full Damage
Stability Help: Off
Transmission: Manual

It does nothing to raise my hope for this game, unfortunately.

If they fixed the caution system and got rid of the rubberbanding AI then i can enjoy the offline portion of the game this time instead of just the online portion like what i did on NASCAR heat evolution. That stuff plus a deeper career mode which we barley seen so far. For the most part i think the game will be fun. It's nothing they can do about the physics and graphics. Maybe little improvements here and there but don't expect anything to get overhauled with this current engine that their building the game on. I expect online to be good again because of the dedicated servers and the extra additions to online which is AI cars, cautions, running other series online, being able to see each paint schemes that we actually chose and possibly other additions to online. I just wish they can hurry up and show the career mode already.

I really really wish they would stop using the unity engine. they will never be able to produce a great game using it.

anyways i'm sure I will get some enjoyment out of it. will probably wait for the first price drop to hit before I buy it though unless the career mode absolutely blows me away

I really really wish they would stop using the unity engine. they will never be able to produce a great game using it.

anyways i'm sure I will get some enjoyment out of it. will probably wait for the first price drop to hit before I buy it though unless the career mode absolutely blows me away

That's why I hope they added a lot into career mode besides moving up series to series. I think that mode right there is what keeping a lot of people from buying the game. I think a lot of people would look pass the medicore graphics and physics if they put out a great career mode. Stats, presentation, trophy room, character customization, social media in the game. These things would really add a lot of immersion to the career mode. They claim they put a lot of focus into it this year and also Sean Wilson (one of the devs) claimed that it's got a lot of depth and it's a lot of things they added. If you guys are claiming that the career mode is that impressive then show it off....why continue to make us wait?

Are we sure the engine is the issue? Are there other games using it that look like this or worse?

That's why I hope they added a lot into career mode besides moving up series to series. I think that mode right there is what keeping a lot of people from buying the game. I think a lot of people would look pass the medicore graphics and physics if they put out a great career mode. Stats, presentation, trophy room, character customization, social media in the game. These things would really add a lot of immersion to the career mode. They claim they put a lot of focus into it this year and also Sean Wilson (one of the devs) claimed that it's got a lot of depth and it's a lot of things they added. If you guys are claiming that the career mode is that impressive then show it off....why continue to make us wait?
Career mode? I don't buy a game to race a bunch of crap AI drivers. My buddies and me are waiting for a good online racing game. This looks like a joke. Career mode will save this game?I don't think so. Another piece of junk.

Career mode? I don't buy a game to race a bunch of crap AI drivers. My buddies and me are waiting for a good online racing game. This looks like a joke. Career mode will save this game?I don't think so. Another piece of junk.
I'm glad you've found enough people to do that. Some of us don't have that option so it may not save the game, but it wouldn't be a throwaway with it.

I don't know what to think about this one. In still jaded enough to hold up Thunder 03, 04, and DtD for engaging NASCAR games. It looks better than meh, but that's not really good enough.

I'm glad you've found enough people to do that. Some of us don't have that option so it may not save the game, but it wouldn't be a throwaway with it.

I don't know what to think about this one. In still jaded enough to hold up Thunder 03, 04, and DtD for engaging NASCAR games. It looks better than meh, but that's not really good enough.
Well if this is the best they have. Good luck. It looks like 🤬 Seriously it's 2017.

Well that's your opinion of course. We haven't seen of it yet so.....

Anyway NASCAR heat evolution online was pretty good. Smooth and no lag bubbles and stuff unlike ETX. It was just missing options. Like cautions, damage and other things. Here's a picture of the online options for NASCAR heat 2. Now we got cautions and AI cars. That's all we know so far about the online.
VOrX9jiKkYQy_7PjzrrSzq5xVLTSwl8R_PvnSUcy0pM.jpg

offline career modes in sports games are generally the most played modes.

Xfinity driver's and paint schemes for NASCAR heat 2

NASCAR heat 2 mid Ohio gameplay with the Xfinity cars.

The game looks good. The AI difficulty worries me a bit though. He had this race set to 101 difficulty setting but he had setup. I was talking to one of the devs over at 704 subreddit on reddit and he said he didn't make huge changes to the setup. A few other concerns are tire smoke and the sound of the tires. I'm pretty sure these things will probably be adjusted in updates though.

Here's what he said about the AI difficulty on road courses:

"Road courses are tricky with AI lines and the player will always have an edge. AI follows lines and brakes where you would normally break. You could go hard into every corner and just bum rush your way through. Road courses are a different beast that ovals. Especially with 40 cars. So I downplay things a bit to make it more fun and try to drive as they do. 105 this year is pretty damn hard just about everywhere else. Plus as like last year we put out updates frequently and things like may be improved among other items".

I asked him a few questions myself and here was his responses.

>Was this set to simulation?

One this about this year is we are dropping the "simulation" test and refer to this as assists on/off. The simulation term resulted in a lot of feedback and comparisons to other titles we did not intend. It also added a more critical view of that mode so to speak. Was it set to what would be the equivalent of "simulation" yes.

>Will the tire smoke be toned down a little before release?

Probably not before release. This is one of those bells and whistles items I talked about before. Just like last year we will be putting out frequent updates. Once any big ticket items are resolved that sort of polish can be done.

>In career mode will the cup regulars get Xfinity points?

I can't speak to career yet. I know you hate me for it.

>Was I using a wheel?

No. Ironically I am not a fan of the wheel. I turn down the steering sensitivity on the controller to my liking.

so strange how they are keeping the career mode so tight under wraps. really makes me think there's a lot of stuff that won't be in there on launch but might be added in later

so strange how they are keeping the career mode so tight under wraps. really makes me think there's a lot of stuff that won't be in there on launch but might be added in later

Yea it's getting frustrating. Even though it won't be no freaking stats (which im still pissed about) im still curious to see what else the career mode is gonna offer. The game is less than a month away and we don't have a lot of details about the main parts of the game which is online and career mode.

Details about the career mode

http://www.gameinformer.com/themes/...-nascar-heat-2-career-mode-details&GroupKeys=

CAREER MODE
  • The career mode starts in the truck series. As you go through your initial season you'll get Hot Seat Race offers in the next series. Meet the criteria in these and you could get an offer to jump up to Xfinity at the end of the year. When you accept a contract with a team, you take over one of their cars and replace that driver. Overall, there are no driver retirements, and the other drivers will stay in their series and do not migrate up with you.
  • You can race in multiple series at once, and even do a multi-series race weekend if the schedule aligns.
  • You can stay in the same series if you want.
  • Brad Keselowski stopped by the Monster Games office and helped the team with one big aspect of NASCAR Heat 2: Driver rivalries and friendships. Both are naturally formed by how you treat drivers on the track.
  • The rivalry system has a ramp-up period so you're not going to see a driver go crazy if you have one run in. Tempers will boil over, however, the more you go at it. Driver relationships cool off somewhat between seasons so rivalries and bad feelings between drivers are not permanent. The studio says it wants to also make it so large wrecks at a plate track, for instance, don't make you a bunch of enemies just because you got caught up in The Big One.
  • You also get driver feedback from Keselowski and others via a message system, both as a way to help you and give some driver flavor to the mode. Messages about your rivalry status with a particular driver pop up after races.
  • Monster is currently working on other ways to involve the drivers in your career.
  • Team momentum is earned by strong finishes at the track from week to week. The idea is your strong performances lift your team members and crew ultimately giving you stronger, better performing cars.
  • In general, the longer you stay with one team, the better that team gets. This allows you to build and improve one of the lower-ranked teams in real life. This replaces the last game's facilities upgrade function.

Back