NASCAR Heat 2 Coming to PS4, XB1 and PC This Fall

Interesting tidbit I found out about 704 games (Monster Games International): They only have 35 people working on this. 35 PEOPLE.

So its not the stubborn unwillingness to change or the game engine as people keep suggesting, its the amount of people actually working on the game.

Interesting tidbit I found out about 704 games (Monster Games International): They only have 35 people working on this. 35 PEOPLE.

So its not the stubborn unwillingness to change or the game engine as people keep suggesting, its the amount of people actually working on the game.

Any source? Also one of the devs told me that it's 6 of them that's from EA. That's probably why this company is showing some promise at least.

Any source? Also one of the devs told me that it's 6 of them that's from EA. That's probably why this company is showing some promise at least.

It was from a stream one Youtuber was doing and he was talking about his time at 704 Games in Charlotte (before his internet had a sad so not sure there's a video of it) and he specifically mentioned that in regards to the game not having stuff people wanted.

New update released on PC. I can't wait until the consoles get these updates. Here's the patch notes:

We just put out another big update. Here are the notes. Hope you're enjoying the game:

BUILD NOTES

- New input system, rebuilt from the ground up.

Note: Users may have to re-map their controllers. Do this in "Options -> Controls -> Configure Controls."

- Many wheels, XInput devices, and keyboard have default configurations already set up. These should work when attached, without extra configuration.

- If your controller does not work when attached, use the keyboard to navigate to "Options -> Controls -> Configure Controls" to set it up.

- Supports using multiple input devices at once. (For instance: steer with wheel, shift with shifter, gas/brake with pedals, control overlays with keyboard).

- Deadzones can be configured in "Options -> Controls -> Other Settings."

- Most DirectInput/XInput devices should be supported. If a device didn't work before, try it again.

- Supports all buttons on devices, no longer limited to 20 buttons.

- Now can fully configure XBOX controllers.

- Can now assign controls to discrete functions in game. "Accept" no longer has to also control the "Race Info" display, for instance.

- Can assign buttons/keys to steer, throttle, brake, clutch, etc. Just assign "Digital Steering Left/Right", "Digital Throttle", "Digital Brake", etc.

- We now support having more than one force feedback device attached to your computer.

- Player 1 and Player 2 can use different devices of any type; they don't have to both use gamepads or both use wheels. Set this in "Options -> Controls -> Other Settings."

- Keyboard is officially supported.

Other notes:
- Fixed potential game hitch when spotter speaks.
- Now award speed points for challenges.
- Display purse on the race card for career.
- Fixed "Race All Tracks" achievement.
- Better pre-race camera animations in multiplayer.
- Implemented some missing UI sounds.
- In Career, if you race cleanly, your Rivals anger level will slowly decay over time.
- Added new victory anthems.
- Tied Victory Anthems to Effects Volume.
- Improved offline race results for the AI.
- Made top-end AI more difficult at some tracks.
- Changed AI qualify logic.
- Support "strict" yellow flags in single player. Set this in "Game Settings."
- Fixed some crash bugs.
- Other minor bug

Thats the 2nd patch Steam has gotten and 0 for console. I haven't even played since PCARS2 came out and probably won't until the 1st patch comes.

It's irratating but with PC you can release patches fast as possible unlike consoles. They gotta get the Sony and Microsoft approval and stuff. I think this the first time we got options when it comes to the caution system. It's strict, default and then off of course. Someone over at Reddit has tested the new strict caution system and he said it works perfectly so far from little testing. He said he spun mutiple times on his own and the caution always flew. That's good to hear. I guess the only time I won't use strict cautions is for road courses just to keep it realistic.

It's irratating but with PC you can release patches fast as possible unlike consoles. They gotta get the Sony and Microsoft approval and stuff. I think this the first time we got options when it comes to the caution system. It's strict, default and then off of course. Someone over at Reddit has tested the new strict caution system and he said it works perfectly so far from little testing. He said he spun mutiple times on his own and the caution always flew. That's good to hear. I guess the only time I won't use strict cautions is for road courses just to keep it realistic.

yeah that would for sure be an improvement.

yeah that would for sure be an improvement.

Something I just realized though it saids strict cautions have been supported in single player. Why just offline? Why not online as well? A lot of the guys I race with on that game don't play as often because of the broken caution system. I hope that's not true. Hopefully it's for all game modes.

You would think so. I'm ready for the stats to come.

One of the devs just answered my question about the strict caution system and he said career mode and single player only supports it for now. He said online is a different story. He also said they will look into putting it in for private lobbies only but not now. Also yea I want the stats as well even though it's basic.

Back