NASCAR Heat: Evolution

• Thread starter Suzumiya
  • 555 comments
United States
Los Angeles
racingheartruby
RubyWooby
heat-logo-white-horiz.png

Apparently Dusenberry Martin Racing has teamed up with the old Monster Games crew to bring back the "Heat" name to NASCAR games.

Bla
NASCAR Heat Evolution will race its way to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC on September 13, 2016.

NASCAR like never before
For the first time on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, race as your favorite NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers across all 23 licensed NASCAR tracks in stunning HD.

Everyone wants to win
Get ready for the most fun you’ve had with a NASCAR game in years! Whether you’re a casual racer or die-hard sim fan, NASCAR Heat Evolution will adjust to your skill level with a brand new AI and Speed Rating system that applies the right amount of challenge for you.

New & old ways to play
In addition to pick-up-and-place races and Career Mode, the all-new Chase mode allows you to experience the excitement of the final 10 races of the NASCAR season as you compete to take home the prestigious Sprint Cup. You asked for them and we listened… Challenges are back! Relive or rewrite this season’s most memorable moments as the drivers who lived them.

A proven track record
After over a decade, Monster Games returns to NASCAR. This team of all-stars created the original NASCAR Heat and NASCAR: Dirt to Daytona, two of the most highly rated and best-selling NASCAR titles of all-time. This dedicated group has built NASCAR Heat Evolution from the ground up to ensure a brand new racing experience.

I don't have high expectations, but hope the old crew can make an actually okay game.

What's wrong with having that?
Every game with a "player adapting AI" I've played has ended the same way, jumping between too easy and winning in a walk, and too hard and getting your teeth kicked through you spine with little if any middle ground. It's not rubberbanding, but it's close and I don't like it when my game decides that I'm not as 🤬 as I should be. DtD has distinct difficulty curves and while yes the AI would be inconsistent with the driver's capabilities at points, I like the fact that if I wanted a quick blast I could run on easy, or if I really wanted a grinding challenge I can crank it up to legend at 100% distance and be ready to eat my own enamel for a vast portion of it.

Every game with a "player adapting AI" I've played has ended the same way, jumping between too easy and winning in a walk, and too hard and getting your teeth kicked through you spine with little if any middle ground. It's not rubberbanding, but it's close and I don't like it when my game decides that I'm not as 🤬 as I should be. DtD has distinct difficulty curves and while yes the AI would be inconsistent with the driver's capabilities at points, I like the fact that if I wanted a quick blast I could run on easy, or if I really wanted a grinding challenge I can crank it up to legend at 100% distance and be ready to eat my own enamel for a vast portion of it.

Maybe that's just optional. They probably will have the usual Easy, Veteran, hard and legend. We'll see.

Maybe that's just optional. They probably will have the usual Easy, Veteran, hard and legend. We'll see.
I hope they do because I want for it to be a success. If we can get both this and the one Activision took away from eutechnyx, and both are at least worth playing, we could be in for some strong entries for the first time in a decade.

so another era of nascar video games is about to begin.

eventually one of these companies has to create a decent nascar game again right?

way too early to get excited or worried about anything.

I hope they do because I want for it to be a success. If we can get both this and the one Activision took away from eutechnyx, and both are at least worth playing, we could be in for some strong entries for the first time in a decade.
activision was the publisher of the nascar games that eutechnyx developed. They sold the nascar rights to DMI racing I believe.

Either way, activision has no plans of releasing another nascar game anytime soon. So it's going to be nascar heat evolution or bust for console gamers

activision was the publisher of the nascar games that eutechnyx developed. They sold the nascar rights to DMI racing I believe.

Either way, activision has no plans of releasing another nascar game anytime soon. So it's going to be nascar heat evolution or bust for console gamers
Wait, then who the hell is publishing the DMI game? Are they doing it in-house? They released a 2015 update to the old game, but that was a planned thing they announced when they bought it. Now what's going on with that?

Wow what's up @chances14 . I think I haven't seen your name since the NTG forum days lol.

And @BKGlover they are creating and publishing the game from what I heard. I'm not sure though.

I just hope that it's not like all the other games where if you just barely touch the wall you just get sucked in and lose so much speed until you are out of the corner or something.

Rubberbanding was an issue earlier but hasn't done much but just hope the Ai doesn't have a set line where they just keep in line and spin you out for no reason.

Wow what's up @chances14 . I think I haven't seen your name since the NTG forum days lol.

And @BKGlover they are creating and publishing the game from what I heard. I'm not sure though.

haha yea it's been a while. hopefully DMI starts up a forum soon so we can start getting the old ntg community back together

from what i've gathered DMI is doing both the developing and publishing. Which is probably a good thing since they won't have to worry about deadlines like eutehcnyx did with activision

Wait, then who the hell is publishing the DMI game? Are they doing it in-house? They released a 2015 update to the old game, but that was a planned thing they announced when they bought it. Now what's going on with that?

I believe the 2015 game and updates was developed by eutehcnyx and was sold to DMI as part of the rights agreement. I would imagine that game is going by the wayside now that they are releasing their own game

from what i've gathered DMI is doing both the developing and publishing. Which is probably a good thing since they won't have to worry about deadlines like eutehcnyx did with activision
That's a big step and a big gamble if it's true. I hope their game works out as well as this one, I've about worn out DtD and NT03 and 04.

EDIT: Dusenberry Martin....DMR....DMI....why does that all sound...GOOGLE!

GOD-*******-DAMMIT! WHY AM I ALWAYS SO ******* STUPID!!!

http://dmigames.com/letter.html

Last edited:
And guys, it's not DMI, its DMR! (: They've gotten help from guys at iRacing, bought Monster Games, I'm hoping this is the best Nascar Game to date. Going to be a lot of racing this fall.

Chill fam, chill.
I'm chill now. It's just, well...
And guys, it's not DMI, its DMR! (: They've gotten help from guys at iRacing, bought Monster Games, I'm hoping this is the best Nascar Game to date. Going to be a lot of racing this fall.
That. I knew I'd heard that Dusenberry name related to gaming, but it didn't fully click until I re-read the open letter Mr. Martin put online. And I'm the one who thought there'd be two games because of it.

haha yea it's been a while. hopefully DMI starts up a forum soon so we can start getting the old ntg community back together

Yea I been wanting a forums as well so we can give them feedback and stuff. Hopefully they open one real soon.

I never played the first NASCAR Heat. I kind of wanted to back then, but not really as much as I was somewhat interested in "NASCAR Rumble" for the PS1. The gold standard of NASCAR games to me are the Sierra/Papyrus PC NASCAR games. Since I haven't played the first NASCAR Heat, I can't say I could have any expectations or early impressions of "NASCAR Heat: Evolution." So if I get to this game, I'll have to see how this new-age NASCAR Heat will fare.

I never played the first NASCAR Heat. I kind of wanted to back then, but not really as much as I was somewhat interested in "NASCAR Rumble" for the PS1. The gold standard of NASCAR games to me are the Sierra/Papyrus PC NASCAR games. Since I haven't played the first NASCAR Heat, I can't say I could have any expectations or early impressions of "NASCAR Heat: Evolution." So if I get to this game, I'll have to see how this new-age NASCAR Heat will fare.
I still have yet to play the original Heat, and I've had access to Heat 2002, but however good those two were, I have never heard anyone pick it over Heat 2, AKA Dirt to Daytona, and while there are things that irritate me about it, DtD is one of the best racer's on the sim side of the fence. Does it excel at anything.....not really but it doesn't do anything horribly either.

I can deal with it. I hope the game isn't online only once it does come, scheduled for mid-September as of now, or I'm worrying for no reason because I can't play it.

heat-logo-white-horiz.png

Apparently Dusenberry Martin Racing has teamed up with the old Monster Games crew to bring back the "Heat" name to NASCAR games.

I don't have high expectations, but hope the old crew can make an actually okay game.

Wait, the same people that made NASCAR Heat ( a Game I loved) made Dirt to Daytona (The game I missed)? And now they are gonna make this?

Well I'll be damned, I'm definitely feeling far more confident now that its DMI and Monster Games making a new NASCAR game instead of Eutechnyx and activision. Granted I'm sure no one on PC will care because you know who.

The console players on the other hand could finally get a actually good NASCAR game that we wanted. Only thing to make it more complete: a paint booth/livery editor please :D

Anything is better than Eutechnyx physics

Yeah, I'd rather they made a new Le Mans game over the skittish three titles the made (none or which were anymore impressive then 09 apart from actually having Manufacterer licenses). I couldn't even use the G27 for that game.

Hmm. That is unexpected cover for me. Kyle Busch would have been nice.
He should have beat Edwards at the All Star Race tonight then (That is what determined the cover driver, the highest finishing Toyota driver)

He should have beat Edwards at the All Star Race tonight then (That is what determined the cover driver, the highest finishing Toyota driver)
Oh. I didn't know that. For excuse, I have not read/watched NASCAR related media since late April. Anyway, thanks for the info.

Back