NASCAR Heat: Evolution

• Thread starter Suzumiya
  • 555 comments
He should have beat Edwards at the All Star Race tonight then (That is what determined the cover driver, the highest finishing Toyota driver)

Why do I sense BS in that post ;)

Monster Games...they made this game too.

Viper_Racing_cover.jpg
One Bad Game doesn't define a company. Multiple do..Activision.

Assuming DMR has alright servers, anything could honestly be better than Eutechnyx.

There will be online racing. Of Course, leagues will pop up.

I know it's early, but as stuff is released for the game, I'll be building up stuff around it. Would anyone like to help me on this adventure?

Let's hope for a near full field online. At least 20

Unpopular Opinion. Yes. I thought that was what he meant too, I was just saying one bad game...so on. Guess I read it wrong...yea..I didn't like it lol

Edit: Maybe it's because I was young and sucked at it, or maybe I was thinking of a different game. But I just looked at it. It looks good.

Those were some good articles. I would have loved to have seen Kyle on the cover so I could take it to Kentucky in Sep. Guess I'll just wait till next October, Regardless. Good read, also good to know that they're getting driver help. Like Dale with iRacing.

Actually, I never played ANY NASCAR Heat game. I thought it was just one installment of NASCAR Heat prior to this "NASCAR Heat: Evolultion." So this is would be a new experience for me should I get this newer installment.

No time like the present then. The pieces for it to be a really good game are coming together, but I'm not getting my hopes up until I can get my hands on it. It's hard not get a little hyped though....dammit.

I still have Viper Racing installed on my PC. That along with GPL are the co-founders of modern sims as we know it. The modding community is still somewhat alive to this day too (http://members.shaw.ca/nhra/). Back in the day when most games are arcade and people play using keyboards it was deemed to hard and as a result it flopped. But it wasn't a bad game by any means. I tried it with my G25 and the FFB is surprisingly good (not modern sim level, but better than GT6 in some aspects even).

Clearly Monster Games knew how to make a good sim. Their last NASCAR game was from 2002 though so it reminds to be seen whether they still have the magic.

I still have Viper Racing installed on my PC. That along with GPL are the co-founders of modern sims as we know it. The modding community is still somewhat alive to this day too (http://members.shaw.ca/nhra/). Back in the day when most games are arcade and people play using keyboards it was deemed to hard and as a result it flopped. But it wasn't a bad game by any means. I tried it with my G25 and the FFB is surprisingly good (not modern sim level, but better than GT6 in some aspects even).

Clearly Monster Games knew how to make a good sim. Their last NASCAR game was from 2002 though so it reminds to be seen whether they still have the magic.

Interesting thing is, they still have the source code from 2002 (Possibly to use as reference) and the founder of Monster games said that they could do things now they couldn't do with what they had at the time.

What HAVE Monster been doing over the last 14 years?

Lots of random crap on Wii and DS :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Games

Interesting thing is, they still have the source code from 2002 (Possibly to use as reference) and the founder of Monster games said that they could do things now they couldn't do with what they had at the time.

That would be great if that's true. Personally I'm not a big fan of NASCAR and I would prefer if they make a general racing game, but it's a win for fans of the series if they make a proper sim 👍 I think the only way to drive a good NASCAR sim right now is iRacing, and not everyone can afford that.

Hmm...so MGI did these games...according to their website.

excite_truck_eu.jpg
excite_truck_jp.jpg

Excite Truck
was a launch title for the Nintendo Wii in November of 2006. The Japanese and European versions were released in early 2007. Yahoo! named it "Best Racing Game of 2006". Catch big air!

Wonderful. Yahoo said it was good...but i'm not so sure about that.

tdeod_xbox.jpg
tdeod_ps2.jpg

Test Drive: Eve of Destruction was released in August of 2004.

Go figure, Viper Racing had a good damage engine for the time. But no positive review smells like bad news...I actually watched some gameplay and it looks like it's worth a try!

dirt_daytona_gc.jpg
dirt_daytona_ps2.jpg

NASCAR Dirt to Daytona exploded onto the market in the fall of 2002, to great critical acclaim. It won Gamespot's "Best Driving Game on GameCube" award!

No wonder it won best driving game on GameCube...it was a one of a kind GameCube racing game!

heatxbox.jpg

NASCAR Heat 2002 (Xbox) was released as an Xbox launch title, in November 2001

I see. Thinking ahead like EA with your years, huh?

heatps2.jpg

NASCAR Heat 2002 (PS2) was released in June of 2001.

heatpc.jpg

NASCAR Heat
was our debut NASCAR simulation for the PC, in August of 2000. Drop into a 200 MPH traffic jam in this celebrated CD-ROM game.

Celebrated? Wow, they actually told the truth behind this game, unlike other developers.

viper_box.jpg

Viper Racing won PC Gamer's coveted "Editor's Choice" award when it was released in 1998. This game will challenge you!

Knew I wasn't the only one who thought, "Holy crap! How can I get outta 8th place without getting some poorly made third-party mods?!?"

Last edited:
Looking at those lists, I don't think it'll be horrible. There's a chance, but there's a better one it's at least decent.

Looking at those lists, I don't think it'll be horrible. There's a chance, but there's a better one it's at least decent.

Well...I had found some time to revisit Viper Racing, and it feels pretty realistic..I can't say the same about the graphics, of course it's probably my computer's fault since it can't do the alpha channels correctly. It looks like any other 90's game, but chucking the Viper into a corner is sinister as the real snake itself, which makes this game a special thing to experience. I like it, to say the least.

upload_2016-5-22_20-45-56.png

So if they could make a game like that in 1998, I have high hopes for their NASCAR game.

Actually...I'm not sure if I should ramble on about a old game like this but this is literally a 14 year comeback to their sim-racing games.

But...I think Viper Racing (2016) should be their next game. :D

It would seem graphics have never been the primary focus, and thank god for that because there's too many that only focus on graphics, instead gameplay is the focus and majority of the time they get it right.

As for the next game, Viper Racing: Ressurection and it heralds the next generation Viper. THAT would be awesome.

It would seem graphics have never been the primary focus, and thank god for that because there's too many that only focus on graphics, instead gameplay is the focus and majority of the time they get it right.

As for the next game, Viper Racing: Ressurection and it heralds the next generation Viper. THAT would be awesome.

It should be a progression through Viper history...start out with the RT/10, then end with the newest Viper...

Well...I had found some time to revisit Viper Racing, and it feels pretty realistic..I can't say the same about the graphics, of course it's probably my computer's fault since it can't do the alpha channels correctly. It looks like any other 90's game, but chucking the Viper into a corner is sinister as the real snake itself, which makes this game a special thing to experience. I like it, to say the least.

So if they could make a game like that in 1998, I have high hopes for their NASCAR game.

Actually...I'm not sure if I should ramble on about a old game like this but this is literally a 14 year comeback to their sim-racing games.

But...I think Viper Racing (2016) should be their next game. :D

Told you it's pretty good 👍 If you switch to suspension view (F3 I believe) you can see how the springs move around bumps and you can see the brake discs locking up. It's pretty damn good for a game that come out at the same time as GT1. There used to be a FIA GT mod that completely overhauls that interface at vrgt.com, shame that all the links are dead now.

If they make a new gen Viper Racing that would be awesome :D Shame that Dodge has killed off the Viper though :(

Told you it's pretty good 👍 If you switch to suspension view (F3 I believe) you can see how the springs move around bumps and you can see the brake discs locking up. It's pretty damn good for a game that come out at the same time as GT1. There used to be a FIA GT mod that completely overhauls that interface at vrgt.com, shame that all the links are dead now.
They did that then too! They put it in DtD as well, and while I can't race in it effectively due to incompetence, it's fun to drive with during practice.

If they make a new gen Viper Racing that would be awesome :D Shame that Dodge has killed off the Viper though :(

Thanks a lot US Government. That said, FCA has said they'll bring the Viper back eventually, and I can only hope it's relatively soon.

So people been asking them questions on twitter and it's some things that we have found out.

• A paint booth won't be in NASCAR heat evolution
  • Screenshots of the game will be released in a few weeks.....probably.
  • They said expect a trailer around the cokezero 400 (which is the July Daytona race)
  • The number of online player's is still to be decided. So we might be see more then 16 players probably.
  • Alcohol sponsors will be in the game. They said "Behind a age verification wall. Specific sponsor's TBD" (what that means is 'To be decided)
All that info is from their Twitter. Replies to some people question's about number of player's online, paint booth, and screenshots and trailer reveals.

Not specifically saying there will be no more Vipers, but the current gen ends production next year with no replacement in sight. If you look at the sales figures compared to the Corvette it's not surprising really.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/news/a27128/its-official-dodge-viper-production-ends-in-2017/

Well...I hope there will be a big ending to the legacy if it this will be the last Viper...

Anyway, I believe we should now focus on the new NASCAR Heat game...

Not specifically saying there will be no more Vipers, but the current gen ends production next year with no replacement in sight. If you look at the sales figures compared to the Corvette it's not surprising really.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/news/a27128/its-official-dodge-viper-production-ends-in-2017/
Sales weren't the final reasoning though, from what I understand it was because new laws mandate curtain airbags in the roof of the car, and apparently they don't think they can refit effectively. Sucks regardless.

Shame about the paint booth, but I'd love to see how the game pans out anyways.

I'm surprised that people ain't complaining about it and saying things like "I ain't buying it because of no paint booth". I'm glad it's not a big deal to everyone. Right now we just need a great NASCAR game. Career mode, AI, physics, damage and online need's to be the focus. It seem like everyone is on board with the whole quality over quantity approach instead of asking for paint booth and extra series. I just hope they can deliver in those area's that I just name. Just because you take the quality over quantity approach doesn't mean it's gonna be an automatically great game. But it's a lot of positives with this company that I see.

Back