• Yes

Votes: 157 54.3%
  • No

Votes: 132 45.7%

• Total voters
United States
California
Afrodeezy7
Would you guys like to see the return of NASCAR in GT6?

Personally, I seriously dislike NASCAR, and those A Spec events made me want to pull my 🤬 hair out. I would be quite happy to see it gone for the next GT installment.

What do you guys think?

Not really. I mean, if they include a good championship with tracks where Nascar really races on, then why not. Include Infineon, for example.

The cars are nice to take pictures of, they sound great, but I wouldn't really miss them.

HuskyGT
Not really. I mean, if they include a good championship with tracks where Nascar really races on, then why not. Include Infineon, for example.

The cars are nice to take pictures of, they sound great, but I wouldn't really miss them.

That's where the actual game comes in. Ha I bet you gt5 has more nascar races than the actual game.

HuskyGT

It isn't Infineon anymore, it's called Sonoma Raceway ;) (I know this because I live a few miles away from it)

If GT6 has the following tracks, then they should keep NASCAR, otherwise

Sonoma
Watkins Glen
Road America
Gilles Villeneuve
Charlotte
Bristol
Talladega
Daytona
Indianapolis

I voted yes, but so long as they get everything right this time. I hate the fact that the NASCAR cars in the game are too fast, going over 240(!!!) MPH at tracks like Daytona.

I voted yes, but so long as they get everything right this time. I hate the fact that the NASCAR cars in the game are too fast, going over 240(!!!) MPH at tracks like Daytona.

A simple restrictor plate option in tuning would fix this.

Its amazing the details PD pays attention to and the ones they dont

NASCAR was a big surprise to me in GT5 - a good one. Yes, the NASCAR Special Events were too easy, and the A-Spec got a little maddening at some tracks that are purely about drafting and luck (and not getting spun out by aggressive drivers). But race them on a road course and they handle surprisingly well. Besides, they are among the few cars that actually sound meaty and aggressive.

The 2011 Ford Fusion #99 will do a 5'59 at the Nordschleife, I never would have expected that. It's become one of my favorite cars to drive. I would definitely miss it.

But we need more NASCAR tracks - Watkins, Sonoma, Road America, *Montreal*. Pocono would also be nice (including all of its infield circuits).

I'd be all for it. PD needs to get the slipstream physics corrected though, but that is a global issue and not just NASCAR related.

Plus what Stormtrooper217 said.

Earth
A simple restrictor plate option in tuning would fix this.

Its amazing the details PD pays attention to and the ones they dont

I found it very fun to race with restrictor plates(power limiters) at Daytona with friends. Made for excellent and tight racing. If only there was an easier option to do so instead of having to do constant testing for something that is already implimented in NASCAR

Yes please! I want not just the average oval circuits though, I want '60s NASCAR's on Road Coarse's.. Such as what I am about to show you, the "Motortrend 500".

The clip is self explanatory. Those cars and tracks are way nicer than today's NASCAR.

Restrictor plates are used in real cars but not in GT5:dunce:...I voted yes, I occassional race online in a room at Daytona using ZR1 RMs, NASCARs and muscle cars. Full lineup of NASCARs are alot of fun with the right group of guys, ZR1s are like an IROC race and sooooo much fun. They do need an intermediate and short track plus the addition of Sonoma or Watkins Glen.

It should be in GT6 but so does DTM or V8 supportcars.
They all should be equally represented, not the way it is now.

I hope so, but it's got to be a lot better than what is in 5.

Flag system, better damage and cautions need to be implemented, along with a much improved drafting model. Talladega or Darlington would be nice as well.

I won't miss it, turning left is boring

Agreed. I prefer turning right.

It should be in GT6 but so does DTM or V8 supportcars.
They all should be equally represented, not the way it is now.

IMO a simple way to do this is make the championships of each longer. 8-10 rounds each with each race long enough to require 1 or 2 pitstops even if you are on the hardest tire.

For NASCAR, more specific rules are needed.

For starters:

• Better collision physics
  • Better drafting model
  • Better physics (they are too fast in GT5 while braking, cornering, etc)
  • Better online stability (less warping)
  • Caution flags
  • Change left or right side tires in pits
  • Pace Car
  • Restrictor Plates

Most of the above can benefit GT6 as a whole if added.

Last edited:
I'm sure with the amount of development time they already have in them, they'll be in 6.

I voted no, I have one NASCAR in the garage that has done 8 miles in a year. Not my thing.

I like NASCAR, but I want a different real life racing series represented. I can't think of what I would want though. Maybe Indycar?

XXI
I'm sure with the amount of development time they already have in them, they'll be in 6.

I voted no, I have one NASCAR in the garage that has done 8 miles in a year. Not my thing.

I'm in the same boat as you. I understand why others may like it, but it really just isn't my thing

Im not oppose to NASCAR appearing in GT6, however all 4 manufacturers should be in the game (Dodge), More technical Ovals or Traditional Stock Car tracks (Martinsville, Bristol, Pocono, Texas, Talladega, Atlanta) and if its possible to find them, Vintage NASCAR/Stock Car events including the Race events run at road courses like Riverside and The Glen.

Vintage Stock Car Skin Specs with optional Livery Editor

I'm no nascar fan by any means, but if you are going to add a license then do it properly. Bristol and better drafting come to mind immediately.

If GT6 has the following tracks, then they should keep NASCAR, otherwise

Sonoma
Watkins Glen
Road America
Gilles Villeneuve
Charlotte
Bristol
Talladega
Daytona
Indianapolis

This pretty much and if they can throw in a few more it would be nice.

In GT5 felt like Nascar was an afterthought at least as tracks are concerned.

Back