Should every NASCAR be in GT6?

• Yes

Votes: 157 54.3%
  • No

Votes: 132 45.7%

• Total voters
Tell that to this guy since he's the one that bought it up:

Oh...

I'm glad that the gen 6 cars are in. The thing about NASCAR in gran turismo is that the speeds aren't realistic. NASCAR doesn't do 214 by themselves in real life. At a plate track probably 193mph at most. In a draft at a plate track is at least 205 or 206 or something like that. I played NASCAR a lot on GT5 and it was fun I just wish the speeds was more realistic. I race everything on gran turismo not just NASCAR. I haven't played NASCAR on gt5 in like a year or so. I might start racing it again when gt6 comes out. Especially now that they have the gen 6 cars now.
If you want a restrictor plate on the COT in GT5, just cut the car's horsepower in half (via power limiter)...NUFF SAID.

Easily can run 4 tracks that have held Cup races: Daytona, Suzuka, Motegi and Indy.

Some talented setup masters can setup a Cup car to simulate restrictor plate racing. It's not only the power limiter, but also tranny setup. All participants need to agree to use the power train and aero setup for it to work right. @gar529 did this quite well when we raced in GT5p.

I know that they can do 210mph.... Just look at Michigan. I'm talking about at plate tracks. They shouldn't be doing 210mph by themselves at Daytona on gt5.

Speaking of tracks, remember the old Super Speedway, as in the GT2 (you know, with THAT canopy) and GT3 course? :D

Wasn't that in GT4, and in GT5 as DLC?

I'd love NASCAR support as long as it's a bit more interesting, and I think that the roster update with the newer better looking cars, the new physics, and the day/night simulation will have done that.

I'd like to add that I'm not American, nor have I ever watched or followed NASCAR.

I know that they can do 210mph.... Just look at Michigan. I'm talking about at plate tracks. They shouldn't be doing 210mph by themselves at Daytona on gt5.

Again, the cars in GT are modeled without Restrictor plates. Without restrictor plates, that's the speeds that they will hit at Daytona.

I personally don't like NASCAR very much, but if it was done in more detail in GT6, and it looks like it might (Night NASCAR racing - Daytona 500?), then I will be happy to race in it.

Off-Topic: My first post on GTPlanet!

Wasn't that in GT4, and in GT5 as DLC?

I'd love NASCAR support as long as it's a bit more interesting, and I think that the roster update with the newer better looking cars, the new physics, and the day/night simulation will have done that.

I'd like to add that I'm not American, nor have I ever watched or followed NASCAR.
Not in the games you mentioned I arfaid. :( THIS:

I take nascars to a lot of places on GT5, for example, I took nascars to Monza so with all of the new locations, like Bathurst, this really is too much of a good thing, also I have PSN on my b-day wish list

It's interesting that all the NASCAR cars have a PP of 615 except both Ford's and Kyle Busch's Camry which are 616...

The "Gran Turismo NASCAR Cup" makes you use a 70% engine restrictor for the Daytona race, also C.Edwards, A.Almirola and D.Hamlin are in the race all in their own 2013 cars which is a nice touch.

I think it should be booted. Nascar is a game by itself. Nobody buys a GT game to play nascar. No body buys a GT game to race in a bunch of ovals, so NO we don't need more tracks that are ovals. We don't need any nascar. They need to make nascar short as possible so we can get it over with quick and get back to real racing. If we are talking about adding tracks, lets add real tracks, not some crappy nascar ovals. There are plenty of tracks out there that are better suited for this game than oval after oval after oval. I wish I had more hands, so I could give nascar 4 thumbs down.

I think it should be booted. Nascar is a game by itself. Nobody buys a GT game to play nascar. No body buys a GT game to race in a bunch of ovals, so NO we don't need more tracks that are ovals. We don't need any nascar. They need to make nascar short as possible so we can get it over with quick and get back to real racing. If we are talking about adding tracks, lets add real tracks, not some crappy nascar ovals. There are plenty of tracks out there that are better suited for this game than oval after oval after oval. I wish I had more hands, so I could give nascar 4 thumbs down.

Well, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, albeit a misinformed one. :rolleyes:

I wish you had less hands to post with, but alas, we can't get what we want.

Anyway, I for one am glad that PD took the time to make Gen 6 cars, and made a night Daytona

These "oval after ovals" are actually all including road course layouts.

If GT6 has the following tracks, then they should keep NASCAR, otherwise

Sonoma
Watkins Glen
Road America
Gilles Villeneuve
Charlotte
Bristol
Talladega
Daytona
Indianapolis

You do make a good point, I would have to agree, if they had these tracks (which they don't have all of them) I wouldn't have minded at all.

You should try racing Motegi Super Speedway online with a group that have decent setups. The track is really wide with plenty of side by side racing and trading positions. It's much better than a skinny road course where you have to play "follow the leader". You don't even need to use a Nascar. It was a blast in GT5 using FGTs.

Everyone who says NASCAR should not be in GT6 because it brings ovals, and somehow it isn't real racing, you're either terribly misinformed about the series or you are just completely stubborn. I'm sick of every GT6 thread about NASCAR turning into a troll war about turning left and how it supposedly takes no skill, and is boring, and is stupid etc... I am thrilled about Gen 6 cars coming to GT6, it shows PD value it as a feature on GT. The cars look wonderful, the series adds some diverse and close racing, and the cars are a blast to drive. Let's hope GT7 can continue to expand on NASCAR:cheers:

Everyone who says NASCAR should not be in GT6 because it brings ovals, and somehow it isn't real racing, you're either terribly misinformed about the series or you are just completely stubborn. I'm sick of every GT6 thread about NASCAR turning into a troll war about turning left and how it supposedly takes no skill, and is boring, and is stupid etc... I am thrilled about Gen 6 cars coming to GT6, it shows PD value it as a feature on GT. The cars look wonderful, the series adds some diverse and close racing, and the cars are a blast to drive. Let's hope GT7 can continue to expand on NASCAR:cheers:

I'm tired of all extremist threads on GTP. There are things that should seriously be complained about and then there are the petty things that selfish persons dislike so everyone else by default should as well.

Then again if this is all they can argue about and make factless based comments as HSV put it quite well, I'd probably not want to see people talk about major key issues in the game.

I don't dislike NASCAR IRL, but I don't go mad over it either... if you know what I mean :D
However, I really enjoyed doing the NASCAR challenges in GT6, especially the ovals.
So all in all... YES from me 👍

NASCAR is probably keen on staying in the GT series. Gran Turismo reaches a far wider audience than a full NASCAR game will and seeing that the sport expanding to other parts of the world in recent years makes the point clear.

NASCAR is probably keen on staying in the GT series. Gran Turismo reaches a far wider audience than a full NASCAR game will and seeing that the sport expanding to other parts of the world in recent years makes the point clear.

Well Nascar has been popular in Japan for almost 20 years now...

I hope NASCAR drivers IRL aren`t that stupid like NASCAR AI in GT6. They take you out like villains would do in a James Bond movie. Hilarious.

They can be, but at superspeedways bumpdrafting often goes wrong. Once they've been going for more than 20 laps, they start to move around a bit more, and everyone starts to get nervous. That's when this happens:

Or sometimes the drivers get a bit angry and try and take everyone out:

Last edited:
Back