• Thread starter Afrodeezy
  • 478 comments

Should every NASCAR be in GT6?

• Yes

Votes: 157 54.3%
  • No

Votes: 132 45.7%

• Total voters
Get rid of it, and don't bring it back again along with the Red Bull X cars.

How is it pointless and incorrect? NASCAR race predominantly on oval courses do they not?

According to the track list on NASCAR.com only 4 tracks out of 27 are road courses. The rest are all speedways where you only turn left (or right if the direction is reversed).

So it seems my point is a valid one. I don't like NASCAR, that's my opinion and I answered the question that was asked

Well if we are gonna make it equal then let's throw in the V8 supercar series from Australia as well.

Well, you have the right to an opinion.

I do know that the greatest Formula 1 driver of all time, Jim Clark, gave NASCAR a shot. The guy who finishes 2nd in the last Formula 1 race? Yeah he was racing NASCAR last year. It's appeal is obviously universal despite vocal haters

Earth
Well, you have the right to an opinion.

I do know that the greatest Formula 1 driver of all time, Jim Clark, gave NASCAR a shot. The guy who finishes 2nd in the last Formula 1 race? Yeah he was racing NASCAR last year. It's appeal is obviously universal despite vocal haters

Jim Clark is great, but my inner Senna fanboy-isms are going to have to disagree :P

I'm still in awe that Kimi went to NASCAR, I guess he had enough of crashing all of those Citröens in the WRC. :lol:

Didn't Barichello go to NASCAR from F1 as well? Montoya?

I see what you mean about the whole "universal appeal" thing, but I guess that just doesn't apply to me :indiff:

How is it pointless and incorrect? NASCAR race predominantly on oval courses do they not?
Yes, predominately, as it not only. And then you can take it to never in a simulator where players can race where they want. I ran a NASCAR series that used nothing but road courses.

So it seems my point is a valid one. I don't like NASCAR, that's my opinion and I answered the question that was asked
It's totally invalid if I'm understand what you meant. Having NASCAR in GT6 doesn't mean you'll have to go around any ovals.

And come to think of it, earlier GT's probably had more oval races than GT5 and they had no NASCAR element at all.

Last edited:
Exorcet
Yes, predominately, as it not only. And then you can take it to never in a simulator where players can race where they want. I ran a NASCAR series that used nothing but road courses.

It's totally invalid if I'm understand what you meant. Having NASCAR in GT6 doesn't mean you'll have to go around any ovals.

And come to think of it, earlier GT's probably had more oval races than GT5 and they had no NASCAR element at all.

But I'm not a fan of NASCAR full stop, wether they drive on a circle or a race track. I have all the cars but they never get used so I won't miss them if they aren't there. That was my point

If I have to choose between NASCAR and an F1 series, it's F1. Come to think of it, the same can be said about V8s, GT500, and just about any other series tried or untried in GT. Even a manufacturer's x11 series would pique my interest more than another NASCAR inclusion in GT6.

Teflonicus
If I have to choose between NASCAR and an F1 series, it's F1. Come to think of it, the same can be said about V8s, GT500, and just about any other series tried or untried in GT. Even a manufacturer's x11 series would pique my interest more than another NASCAR inclusion in GT6.

Unfortunately an F1 series won't happen anytime soon (maybe when Bernie Ecclestone dies) due to licensing issues. 👎

Patrick
They won't include F1 because there's already an official F1 game.

No, Kaz said in an interview (which I can't find find the link to) that PD wanted to include a variety of F1 cars, but that the licensing fees imposed by FOM & Ecclestone were just too impractical to implement F1 (other then Ferrari, which are exempt from the license, not exactly sure why)

The NASCAR license is no longer exclusive. They learned it's better to spread their product out to as many people as possible instead of keeping it to one entity.

If only others could do the same. *coughPorschecough*

Not the hugest NASCAR fan, but I wouldn't complain if there's a bit more NASCAR integration in terms of A-spec events. Car selection is where it gets tricky. If it were possible to go to the Ford dealer, for example, find the Fusion stock car, and just cycle through the different Ford driver liveries as if they were colors, that would be infinitely preferable to having to choose a specific driver's car and PD modeling all of them individually.

To borrow an idea from the F1 and Open-Wheeled Racer threads, perhaps PD could create some generic historic NASCAR bodies from a few different eras? With plans for a livery editor, players will be able to take these PD cars and replicate historic driver liveries of their choice on them.

But I'm not a fan of NASCAR full stop, wether they drive on a circle or a race track. I have all the cars but they never get used so I won't miss them if they aren't there. That was my point

I'm not a fan of NASCAR either, especially since it pushed all the racing I liked to watch off Speed Channel.

You don't have to like it, but it seemed from that first post that you associated oval driving with NASCAR, as in NASCAR would make it so that you would have to put up with more oval driving. There are a few possibilities for GT6.

1. No NASCAR, but there is oval driving anyway. This has been the case in every other GT

2. NASCAR with ovals

3. NASCAR without ovals (not likely) or a new career mode that allows you pick a certain path or style to focus on, maybe eliminating the need to do certain races to get 100%

4. No NASCAR, no ovals

Based on those above cases, it's hard to blame NASCAR for GT's oval events. In particular, the horror of long Test Course races has been a GT staple.

Though you've cleared up my misunderstanding on what you actually meant with your most recent post.

Also, even as a non fan, I find the cars fun. Just use them like GT class cars. In GT5 at least, they're not really all that different from other race cars. They just have a little more straight line speed and an unruly first gear (that's the fun part I think).

I really like the short tracks, so if I had to prioritise NASCAR tracks, Martinsville, Richmond, Bristol and Phoenix would win over the more frequent 1.5 milers. Short tracks for me are just so exciting. I remember the first time driving Bristol on “NASCAR The Game”, it was a blast, and so satisfying once I learnt the grooves to use.

NASCAR is a unique sport, whereas whilst V8 Supercars might be a brilliant; the cars and tracks are pretty similar to what you can find in Europe. That’s not to say I don’t want more V8 Supercars, I do, but it’s no mistake that international attention on NASCAR has increased considerably in recent years.

I like when way drivers sort things out themselves, not with stewards inquiries – it’s refreshing. Want revenge? Dump them – don’t whinge! Like dirty NASCAR on GT5. :lol:

NASCAR didn't add anything to GT5, and I don't care whether it appears in GT6 or not, although I suspect it will. Like with GT5, I expect it would just technically be there, with maybe half the liveries, a few tracks, and the NASCAR name showing up in the game somewhere. Hopefully we won't get zombie Gordon and his useless "advice".

As I said of GT5, unless they have a forty-three-car field, they aren't properly depicting NASCAR anyway, and I just don't see GT6 running forty-three cars on track at once. Even if it was on PS4, I still don't see it running half that many.

My thoughts exactly. I find it odd how some are saying there are too many NASCAR cars to beggin with and 2 NASCAR tracks is 2 too many and such. How many BTCC, WTCC, DTM, and other similar touring cars are there in there in GT5? What about Le Mans prototypes? I and they think there are too many NASCAR cars. I love all motorsports but a lot of people are being very biased. Yet what is an arguement without people taking sides right? =P

Your comparison is a bit off

DTM: only about 6 (all standard)
V8 supercars: only 2 (Standard)
WTCC Can't think of any.

There are a lot of NASCAR's and they are all premium.

This pretty much and if they can throw in a few more it would be nice.

In GT5 felt like Nascar was an afterthought at least as tracks are concerned.
Agreed, For the life of me I cant see how Talladega missed the GT5 cut...OhWell

The NASCAR license is no longer exclusive. They learned it's better to spread their product out to as many people as possible instead of keeping it to one entity.

If only others could do the same. *coughPorschecough*
The Force is Strong in this post

Pit Crew
Agreed, For the life of me I cant see how Talladega missed the GT5 cut...OhWell

I could say the same thing about many, many tracks. To be quite honest, I was a bit disappointed with the track selection in GT5. Hopefully GT6 includes a larger number of circuits.

Daytona (re paved 2011) Night, Talladega, Bristol, and the new shape 2013 cars + a bit of Nationwide and Trucks and BANG! We're away.

would you guys like to see the return of nascar in gt6?

Personally, i seriously dislike nascar, and those a spec events made me want to pull my 🤬 Hair out. I would be quite happy to see it gone for the next gt installment.

What do you guys think?

nascar <3

No, Kaz said in an interview (which I can't find find the link to) that PD wanted to include a variety of F1 cars, but that the licensing fees imposed by FOM & Ecclestone were just too impractical to implement F1 (other then Ferrari, which are exempt from the license, not exactly sure why)

Williams must have an exemption as well because the 2009 FW31 is on iRacing.com

Also, I am not a NASCAR fan but if GT6 keeps the NASCAR license they should try to get Grand-Am included too since NASCAR owns them.

http://www.sportscardigest.com/nascar-acquires-grand-am-road-racing/

Of course a deal for Porsche would also have to be worked out to make the Rolex GT class work properly, but I'd be happy with some DPs, Camaro GT.Rs, RX-8s, M3s, and Watkins Glen. VIR would be awesome too, but they didn't race there in 2012.

I would like it to come back due to having fun times online in an all nascar race. Its fun.
There should be more models so all online people have different cars like real life.

Yes, while I'm not a huge fan of NASCAR, the cars themselves provide a challenge which few others can (hauling 1500+kg of car on the Nordschleife? :scared:)

Racing on both ovals, and road circuits, is equally fun in my opinion.

Yes! There hasn't been a good NASCAR game on consoles. At least GT provides some extent of NASCAR realism.

Yes! There hasn't been a good NASCAR game on consoles. At least GT provides some extent of NASCAR realism.

With insane downforce and speeds over 240 MPH at Indianapolis? Yeah right.

Make NASCAR realistic or don't include it at all. I want it in the game, but there is no need to make the cars that fast and "grippy".

Personally I wouldn't be upset if PD dropped nascars from gt6 but perhaps there could be a nascar expansion pack dlc for those that do want nascars, not just adding cars but maybe some special events especially for nascar. They could actually apply this system to many other different race series......

Some historic stock cars PD could add. They would be very useful because with a livery editor you could create an entire fleet of stock cars based off of one model to build a championship around. That way you dont have to worry about one of these cars not having an equal anywhere to race against.

#3 Chevrolet Monte Carlo '98 (Dale Earnhardt)

1044629_article_img_large1.jpg

#28 Ford Thunderbird '87 (Davey Allison)

87a17-vi.jpg

#21 Mercury Cyclone '71 (David Pearson)

21Purolator1973ref3-vi.jpg

#66 Ford Galaxie '67 (Jim Clark)
1967-nascar-5.jpg

^ Yes, yes, yes. This is what I've been saying from the start. I always wished someone would make a "NASCAR '76" game. Or at least one with old track layouts and older generation of NASCAR Stock cars.

Back