• Thread starter Afrodeezy
  • 478 comments

Should every NASCAR be in GT6?

• Yes

Votes: 157 54.3%
  • No

Votes: 132 45.7%

• Total voters
This pretty much and if they can throw in a few more it would be nice.

In GT5 felt like Nascar was an afterthought at least as tracks are concerned.

Anything with an official license seemed like an afterthought honestly.

People are asking for too many tracks for NASCAR. Watkins Glen, Sonoma, Bristol, Talladega, and Texas (Kaz went there to see NASCAR for the first time) would be fine. That way, we have new NASCAR tracks in the game, but at the same time having enough resources saved for other tracks. Not to mention, there is more use for Watkins Glen and Sonoma than just NASCAR.

FormulaKimball
I want to be able to do THIS in GT6:

Great highlight video of how unrealistic the NASCAR physics are. They are nowhere near that fast around a road course. Theres no way you could push one that hard without crashing

People are asking for too many tracks for NASCAR. Watkins Glen, Sonoma, Bristol, Talladega, and Texas (Kaz went there to see NASCAR for the first time) would be fine. That way, we have new NASCAR tracks in the game, but at the same time having enough resources saved for other tracks. Not to mention, there is more use for Watkins Glen and Sonoma than just NASCAR.

I know Talladega is different from Daytona but I dont think we need both. They need to add night racing to Daytona first

In addition to what we have now, I think the following would provide the full spectrum of NASCAR tracks.

.5 mile - Bristol
1 mile - Phoenix or Dover
1.5 mile - Texas or Charlotte
2 mile - Michigan

Watkins Glen, Sonoma, and Road America for Road Courses

Yes, I very much like NASCAR on GT5 and want it to stay. As a game of all things on four-wheels, NASCAR is a huge part of motorsport and unlike another Euro-style touring car, the cars are unique. That gurgle from the V8 is irresistible.

Sure, they don’t grip like a DTM car, but they are more challenging to steer, and I enjoy that. The novelty of driving Jeff Gordon’s car around the Nordschielfe hasn’t worn off.

Like others have said, GT6 does need more NASCAR tracks. Daytona is just wide open, so I’m not really interested in that. Sonoma should return, and WGI, Martinsville, Bristol, Richmond and Phoenix need to be in GT6. The short tracks would be huge fun.

Cautions are a big part of NASCAR, and somehow they need to be incorporated.

RacerMPower
Yes, I very much like NASCAR on GT5 and want it to stay. As a game of all things on four-wheels, NASCAR is a huge part of motorsport and unlike another Euro-style touring car, the cars are unique. That gurgle from the V8 is irresistible.

Sure, they don’t grip like a DTM car, but they are more challenging to steer, and I enjoy that. The novelty of driving Jeff Gordon’s car around the Nordschielfe hasn’t worn off.

Like others have said, GT6 does need more NASCAR tracks. Daytona is just wide open, so I’m not really interested in that. Sonoma should return, and WGI, Martinsville, Bristol, Richmond and Phoenix need to be in GT6. The short tracks would be huge fun.

Cautions are a big part of NASCAR, and somehow they need to be incorporated.

Thank you! Finally someone else agrees! And welcome to GTPlanet!

Thank you.

In a way, NASCAR bucks a trend that I like. They have huge power and minimal down force, that makes them a lot of fun to steer on GT5. With other race cars it’s the other way around.

Let alone Cup, I wouldn’t mind a couple of Nationwide cars on GT6. The Mustang and next year's Camaro would be brilliant.

RacerMPower
Thank you.

In a way, NASCAR bucks a trend that I like. They have huge power and minimal down force, that makes them a lot of fun to steer on GT5. With other race cars it’s the other way around.

Let alone Cup, I wouldn’t mind a couple of Nationwide cars on GT6. The Mustang and next year's Camaro would be brilliant.

Yes holy cow you are my twin or something! Maybe even some craftsman truck racing?

A Camping World Truck would be an interesting steer, for sure. Considering how close GT5 and Toyota seem to be, the Tundra should be a strong contender. GT6 also needs bigger car fields for NASCAR races, 16 does not do NASCAR justice. 43 might be too much, I don’t know, but at least 30 cars should be allowed.

RacerMPower
A Camping World Truck would be an interesting steer, for sure. Considering how close GT5 and Toyota seem to be, the Tundra should be a strong contender. GT6 also needs bigger car fields for NASCAR races, 16 does not do NASCAR justice. 43 might be too much, I don’t know, but at least 30 cars should be allowed.

Yes they should. I would be happy.

The thing I am seeing here is that a lot of you are trying to turn this into a Nascar game. That is not the point of gt6. I don't believe they need to do anything more than add maybe sonoma back for gt6. But the whole make regulations? are you serious? There are plenty of other Racing series in the game. And to to make the game that Nascar biased is not fair.

Doober
The thing I am seeing here is that a lot of you are trying to turn this into a Nascar game. That is not the point of gt6. I don't believe they need to do anything more than add maybe sonoma back for gt6. But the whole make regulations? are you serious? There are plenty of other Racing series in the game. And to to make the game that Nascar biased is not fair.

Neither is putting a bunch of nissans . .. ..

RacerMPower

I do love your track selection but on a realistic note, I think New Hampshire MS would be a more likely candidate for GT6 seeing as how IZOD races there and many people request tracks that multiple different series race at. Texas would also be great for that same reason. Also ofcourse Sonoma and Watkins Glen.

I also believe they should include other series from NASCAR. I do enjoy the Nationwide but would rather see the Camping World Truck Series included as a Race Mod so we can change our paint and numbers. Just have the Tundra, Silverado, Ram, and F150 in the dealership with race mod abbilities. Would be very fun in my opinion.

IMO a simple way to do this is make the championships of each longer. 8-10 rounds each with each race long enough to require 1 or 2 pitstops even if you are on the hardest tire.

Not only that, also the more recent cars are needed.
And preferably also some more tracks for the series.

We aren't trying to turn GT6 into a NASCAR game, we are just saying that it needs a bit more representation. You can't just have 2 NASCAR tracks in the game and say, "That's enough." You need at least a few more NASCAR tracks, preferably the road courses since other series run on them too. And a short track won't hurt.

And why doesn't anyone have a problem with people wanting the game to be FIA biased?

Doober

I agree with you fully, I think having all the regulations is a bit much but having tracks where NASCAR and other series race at would be a great addition. GT doesn't really include many tracks exclusive to one series but more world circuits the host a variety of different series. Hence my thoughts on why Texas and New Hampshire MS should be in.

Neither is putting a bunch of nissans . .. ..

Well this game having been developed in Japan it actually isn't for them in Japan. But as I see your in the US. You want more US cars because you live here, yet in japan it isn't the same. They might like seeing their country's car. You understand now? This is why I think no series can be put too much emphasis than another.

Doober
Well this game having been developed in Japan it actually isn't for them in Japan. But as I see your in the US. You want more US cars because you live here, yet in japan it isn't the same. They might like seeing their country's car. You understand now? This is why I think no series can be put too much emphasis than another.

I know that, but I mean make it equal, and all this game is is a giant advertisement.

Exorcet
Once again, the most pointless and incorrect anti NASCAR argument shows up.

How is it pointless and incorrect? NASCAR race predominantly on oval courses do they not?

According to the track list on NASCAR.com only 4 tracks out of 27 are road courses. The rest are all speedways where you only turn left (or right if the direction is reversed).

So it seems my point is a valid one. I don't like NASCAR, that's my opinion and I answered the question that was asked

locoman88
I know that, but I mean make it equal, and all this game is is a giant advertisement.

Well if we are gonna make it equal then let's throw in the V8 supercar series from Australia as well.

Last edited:
killer tiller
How is it pointless and incorrect? NASCAR race predominantly on oval courses do they not?

According to the track list on NASCAR.com only 4 tracks out of 27 are road courses. The rest are all speedways where you only turn left (or right if the direction is reversed).

So it seems my point is a valid one. I don't like NASCAR, that's my opinion and I answered the question that was asked

I respect your. Opinion,unlike other people.

Set a specific horsepower limit and there, that's your restrictor plate.

No. There should be a restrictor plate option on the assists/driving options menu, that would, in the NASCAR Series event, be locked on the bigger tracks like Daytona.

Adding some Nationwide cars, Trucks, NASCAR tracks and bigger fields is nothing compared to the pointless variations of car that GT has. When GT has different names of Mazda 3’s, different brands of Renault’s, different years of Honda NSX’s etc – now that is real waste.

Adding some more NASCAR stuff wouldn’t make the game like a NASCAR game, all the tracks could be used by other series, and bigger fields would be appreciated by a lot of users.

Out of choice, I’d rather have a Nationwide car and Truck than a differently branded Mazda 3 or Renault Cilo.

There’s nothing wrong with mostly turning left, anybody who thinks it’s simple and easy is fooling themselves. With the limited downforce they have, it could be argued that it’s just as difficult as any other form of racing. A race at Martinsville looks like a blast.

I do love your track selection but on a realistic note, I think New Hampshire MS would be a more likely candidate for GT6 seeing as how IZOD races there

You think? I wouldn’t mind Loudon, I like NHMS.

IndyCar didn't return for 2012, sadly.

RacerMPower
Adding some more NASCAR stuff wouldn’t make the game like a NASCAR game, all the tracks could be used by other series, and bigger fields would be appreciated by a lot of users.

My thoughts exactly. I find it odd how some are saying there are too many NASCAR cars to beggin with and 2 NASCAR tracks is 2 too many and such. How many BTCC, WTCC, DTM, and other similar touring cars are there in there in GT5? What about Le Mans prototypes? I and they think there are too many NASCAR cars. I love all motorsports but a lot of people are being very biased. Yet what is an arguement without people taking sides right? =P

Patrick
You can't compare the number of NASCARs to the number of LMPs.

You can't compare the two groups of cars. As cliche as this sounds, it's like comparing apples to oranges. All NASCARs are almost technically identical, whereas LMPs really aren't, at all.

Indeed. Racing other cars around Martinsville and Bristol would be hilarious. Adding some more NASCAR stuff would benefit the game as a whole.

If possible, PD shouldn’t have the 2012 Cup cars and get the 2013 designs on GT5. The 2013 cars will be far better having. New Chevy SS, revised Camry and new Fusion.

Stormtrooper217
And why doesn't anyone have a problem with people wanting the game to be FIA biased?

Good point

How many times is the entire Formula 1 calendar requested on this forum? And nobody complains about that. Most F1 tracks are some of the most boring, sterile courses in the world.

And I hope people notice in order to add NASCAR all they need to do is model 4 different cars and add paint schemes to them.

NASCAR = 4 cars and a dozen liveries

Thats it.

I'd love to see NASCAR return for GT6 I really got into it on GT5 and made some great friends online, I've even started watching the real races too.

I dont mind nasccars, i thonk tey add variety, but i dont really play them.. I know some people are fans so i feel its ok the way they are, you can't ask for everything i'm guessing you have to put less details in some places right?

Back