• Thread starter Afrodeezy
  • 478 comments

Should every NASCAR be in GT6?

• Yes

Votes: 157 54.3%
  • No

Votes: 132 45.7%

• Total voters
we need 16 nascars so there no double in the race or at least 12 real nascars and some fantasy gt painted nascars please no doubles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't like NASCAR, and I think we lost a nice number of cars by adding to much NASCAR's cars. It's ok that in the US is very popular, but not in the rest of the world, and that's a problem. Like someone said before, where's DTM and V8 supercars? Also I didn't see the old WRC cars that are in GT5 on the official list, just the new cars of the Pikes Peak and the old Audis Quattro. I must say playing rally on GT5 was AWFUL, though.

Really??? So let's ignore the mass numbers of duplicate cars like the miata, skyline, and other Japanese makes? Also that is the license they were able to attain, WRC only has so many cars to offer that are well known. We also saw many and still seeing more Super GT. V8 supercars once again and I hope many of you read this and pay attention is on iRacing (with Ford) and they even have an online series through V8 with iRacing and FM has many more V8s, PD supposedly had been working with DTM before GT5 and something happened. So obviously there is an issue with PD to obtain other racing series that are mainly from Europe.

However, to blame NASCAR or some that blame Super GT due to probably stereotypical reasons, isn't right.

Wider, steeper banked & faster, what's not to like about Dega :lol:

Here's my dream list of NASCAR tracks in order - Bristol, Watkins Glen (With & Without the Boot & the Bus Stop), Martinsville, Charlotte (Gotta have at least 1 1.5 miler), Sonoma (And all it's variants) & then Talladega

You guys have a fast oval track, a slow oval track a long ass oval track and a short oval track.. plus yall can make ovals in course maker..

You guys have a fast oval track, a slow oval track a long ass oval track and a short oval track.. plus yall can make ovals in course maker..
Nobody knows when this course maker will be available. But hey, at least we'll have a moon buggy :rolleyes:.

If the course make is anything like GT5's track maker it is next to impossible to make an oval. The only ovals I have seen are on a kart track, under 1/2 mile, have zero banking and are not very wide.

I'm also not sure why they can't give us a couple of generic oval tracks. They couldn't look any worse than Motegi's oval.

That's assuming its that detailed. Also, Daytona, Indy and Motegi aren't the same as Charlotte, Bristol, Darlington and Richmond.

I would guess that modelling Nascar tracks is probably easier to some degree than road courses. PD would really max out resources adding Sonoma and Watkins Glen to kill two birds with one stone (it would satisfy Nascar fans and road course fans) and by adding Nascar tracks that also have infield road courses.

Really??? So let's ignore the mass numbers of duplicate cars like the miata, skyline, and other Japanese makes? Also that is the license they were able to attain, WRC only has so many cars to offer that are well known. We also saw many and still seeing more Super GT. V8 supercars once again and I hope many of you read this and pay attention is on iRacing (with Ford) and they even have an online series through V8 with iRacing and FM has many more V8s, PD supposedly had been working with DTM before GT5 and something happened. So obviously there is an issue with PD to obtain other racing series that are mainly from Europe.

However, to blame NASCAR or some that blame Super GT due to probably stereotypical reasons, isn't right.
I'm talking about premium cars man, how manies R34s we have that are premium? I know only two, the same with other models. If I go now to buy something at the Toyota market, I easily remember 3 or 4 NASCAR's car, the same with Chevrolet, Ford, or Dodge, and that's TOO MUCH for a category that only a country officialy loves. If you understand what I mean, my complaining is fair, because we could see another models of another mark or category, don't you think? WRC isn't anymore in this new GT6, neither DTM, but you can put another cars that people really want so much.
For example, I want so much the Loeb's Peugeot 208 T16 of Pikes Peak, (We have only two new cars in this category in GT6, without counting the Escudo that is no premium) and it's not in the game, same with the DS3 which he did his final race in the WRC, or the C4 which is my favorite..

I'm talking about premium cars man, how manies R34s we have that are premium? I know only two, the same with other models. If I go now to buy something at the Toyota market, I easily remember 3 or 4 NASCAR's car, the same with Chevrolet, Ford, or Dodge, and that's TOO MUCH for a category that only a country officialy loves.

Well let's start with this first of what you have no idea about. They didn't model each car individually, they one version of the Toyota, Ford and Chevy, then they made minor changes from the first to the final released cars (since the bodies didn't change just some aero parts). After doing that all they did was change the skins and some people like you actually believe that they were separate models, so the Chevrolet isn't Montoya, Jr, Stewart, JJ, Gordon as separate models. Rather it is one model with 5 liveries. I could do that in a damn day with a CAD system. So to sit their and blame a car group for taking to much time is asinine when PD mismanagement and supposed six month time frame per car is to blame.

Flaw two on your post in this portion is the fact that you said Dodge, Dodge didn't have any Cup cars in this game. No one still knows why, but it is for sure that they didn't.

If you understand what I mean, my complaining is fair, because we could see another models of another mark or category, don't you think? WRC isn't anymore in this new GT6, neither DTM, but you can put another cars that people really want so much.

DTM was never in the game beyond old touring cars that we've had since GT2. Also WRC is there the list shows them from GT5 to GT6 not sure what you're talking about here either. They can't just put in what cars we say, there are things called license that must be obtained first. PD have yet to be able to secure a good FIA license or ACO one, or any other group. However, Japanese ones are easy due to it being their region and American ones are pretty easy to get as well, since NASCAR gives em away almost.

For example, I want so much the Loeb's Peugeot 208 T16 of Pikes Peak, (We have only two new cars in this category in GT6, without counting the Escudo that is no premium) and it's not in the game, same with the DS3 which he did his final race in the WRC, or the C4 which is my favorite..
I'm sure that if they do put them in it will come through DLC, Loeb's car was barely ran and built this year. You're as bad as people calling for the R18 after GT5 already came out. You can't just expect to see a car randomly thrown that was only seen a handful of months ago. There are timelines and so forth. The DS3 is a newer WRC car, his old one is still there and there isn't a massive leap between the two. However, we don't know if PD holds a newer license on WRC like they do with SuperGT so that is probably why we aren't getting new cars. It's one thing to complain and be mad, but know what is going on before doing so, it makes those of us that complain with legitimate reasons look bad.

I'm talking about premium cars man, how manies R34s we have that are premium? I know only two, the same with other models. If I go now to buy something at the Toyota market, I easily remember 3 or 4 NASCAR's car, the same with Chevrolet, Ford, or Dodge, and that's TOO MUCH for a category that only a country officialy loves.

Wrong. NASCAR is shown in about 150 countries including Japan. So no, its loved by far more then one country.

Also, Dodge has no Nascar cars in GT.

Well let's start with this first of what you have no idea about. They didn't model each car individually, they one version of the Toyota, Ford and Chevy, then they made minor changes from the first to the final released cars (since the bodies didn't change just some aero parts). After doing that all they did was change the skins and some people like you actually believe that they were separate models, so the Chevrolet isn't Montoya, Jr, Stewart, JJ, Gordon as separate models. Rather it is one model with 5 liveries. I could do that in a damn day with a CAD system. So to sit their and blame a car group for taking to much time is asinine when PD mismanagement and supposed six month time frame per car is to blame.

Flaw two on your post in this portion is the fact that you said Dodge, Dodge didn't have any Cup cars in this game. No one still knows why, but it is for sure that they didn't.

DTM was never in the game beyond old touring cars that we've had since GT2. Also WRC is there the list shows them from GT5 to GT6 not sure what you're talking about here either. They can't just put in what cars we say, there are things called license that must be obtained first. PD have yet to be able to secure a good FIA license or ACO one, or any other group. However, Japanese ones are easy due to it being their region and American ones are pretty easy to get as well, since NASCAR gives em away almost.

I'm sure that if they do put them in it will come through DLC, Loeb's car was barely ran and built this year. You're as bad as people calling for the R18 after GT5 already came out. You can't just expect to see a car randomly thrown that was only seen a handful of months ago. There are timelines and so forth. The DS3 is a newer WRC car, his old one is still there and there isn't a massive leap between the two. However, we don't know if PD holds a newer license on WRC like they do with SuperGT so that is probably why we aren't getting new cars. It's one thing to complain and be mad, but know what is going on before doing so, it makes those of us that complain with legitimate reasons look bad.
Ok, with the 208 you're right, but what we have to do, wait?

A couple of DTM cars or V8 SC wouldn't be so hard to make, isn't it? I don't think those licenses were so hard to get..

Wrong. NASCAR is shown in about 150 countries including Japan. So no, its loved by far more then one country.

Also, Dodge has no Nascar cars in GT.
I know, I can watch it in ESPN, but the WRC runs in Europe and some countries of south-america. Same with the F1..

A couple a DTM cars or V8 SC wouldn't be so hard to make, isn't it? I don't think those licenses were so hard to get..

No one is saying they're hard to make, but you need to have the license, you can't just make them. And DTM has been quite hard to obtain for PD. V8 as I said are with other groups and may not want to let PD have it.

I know, I can watch it in ESPN, but the WRC runs in Europe and some countries of south-america. Same with the F1..

Yeah and there was a time that V8 supercars was run in only one country but it had a massive following outside of it. Also NASCAR in the name of their lower series has run in other countries. And NASCAR during the 90s did exhibition races in Japan so they aren't just America only they are mainly, also they've had a south american driver for several years now and his car is a feature car on the game. Knowledge is knowing and knowing is half the battle :sly:

And thanks to a new collaboration, so does NASCAR.

A couple a DTM cars or V8 SC wouldn't be so hard to make, isn't it? I don't think those licenses were so hard to get..

F1 is on NBC Sports Network and online. DTM, V8 Super Cars, some FIA racing, & BTCC used to be on SPEED :(. I doubt FS1&2 will fulfill our needs.

As I've said before, racing fans who are staunchly against NASCAR, in my worldview, are boarder line racists and bashing it because it's an American sport. Unlike other forms of racing, NASCAR is focused on putting on a good show for the fans. There aren't too many F1 tracks or WRC courses where spectators can see the tincture track from their seat.

Well, PD has to make it possible ASAP, because at least the WRC has a lot of fans in all the world, but massive, not just a few per country, the same with F1, but it's not something that I like too much.

F1 is on NBC Sports Network and online. DTM, V8 Super Cars, some FIA racing, & BTCC used to be on SPEED :(. I doubt FS1&2 will fulfill our needs.

As I've said before, racing fans who are staunchly against NASCAR, in my worldview, are boarder line racists and bashing it because it's an American sport. Unlike other forms of racing, NASCAR is focused on putting on a good show for the fans. There aren't too many F1 tracks or WRC courses where spectators can see the tincture track from their seat.
No man, I'm not racist, of any kind, I just think that NASCAR is very boring IMO, and you now what's the difference between rally and NASCAR, that difference is big. I'm only saying that NASCAR in GT5 had TOO MUCH attention, not like other categories (licenses problems, whatever), and has a few special tracks for NASCAR, that's good for you, but not for me, because I don't enjoy that category, that's all.

Well, PD has to make it possible ASAP, because at least the WRC has a lot of fans in all the world, but massive, not just a few per country, the same with F1, but it's not something that I like too much.

Make what happen? If sport car groups aren't willing to play with PD then there is nothing they can do, you wanting them to move heaven and earth just for you is stupid. WRC has been on the decline with fan base. F1 will never happen CM has the exclusive license to race F1 likeness cars no one else. Go learn how this stuff works before you try to write a critique, please if you would.

No man, I'm not racist, of any kind, I just think that NASCAR is very boring IMO, and you now what's the difference between rally and NASCAR, that difference is big. I'm only saying that NASCAR in GT5 had TOO MUCH attention, not like other categories (licenses problems, whatever), and has a few special tracks for NASCAR, that's good for you, but not for me, because I don't enjoy that category, that's all.

Not that I agree with Dave 100% on this, you do come off xenophobic toward the idea of NASCAR and it's fan base. The difference between all is big, but last WRC driver to try NASCAR didn't do all that great at all. NASCAR isn't easy if that is what you wish to imply.

Believe me @Snake1405, I'm not sitting on the edge of my seat watching every NASCAR race. 500 miles and 4 hours takes it's toll. The Martinsville race was 500 laps, over 100 were under caution. UNACCEPTABLE!!! But these last few races of the Chase are pretty exciting because of what is at stake.

Some people have an all out hatred for NASCAR, I'm not saying that you do.

I am glad PD tries to give everyone a taste of several racing disciplines. Unfortunately, the cost of licensing and exclusives with particular game developers/distributors has taken the fun out of it. For me, not having Porsche is not something that makes my blood boil. But, I'm not going to diminish someone else's passion about the subject.

I'm glad that the gen 6 cars are in. The thing about NASCAR in gran turismo is that the speeds aren't realistic. NASCAR doesn't do 214 by themselves in real life. At a plate track probably 193mph at most. In a draft at a plate track is at least 205 or 206 or something like that. I played NASCAR a lot on GT5 and it was fun I just wish the speeds was more realistic. I race everything on gran turismo not just NASCAR. I haven't played NASCAR on gt5 in like a year or so. I might start racing it again when gt6 comes out. Especially now that they have the gen 6 cars now.

Compared to licensing, scanning and modelling a selection of actual NASCAR tracks - It would probably be easier for PD just to make up a generic one to flesh out the ovals a bit.

I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to create a generic 1.5 mile "cookie cutter" oval (maybe even with a half decent infield road course). Could even follow the "State name" Speedway rules - Montana Speedway? Rhode Island Raceway anyone?

Hopefully you'll be able to configure the "Gran Turismo Arena" into a ultra-short oval track.

The problem with NASCAR in GT5 is there aren't enough tracks! At least there are some of the Gen6 cars to add to the roster.

Last edited:
I'm glad that the gen 6 cars are in. The thing about NASCAR in gran turismo is that the speeds aren't realistic. NASCAR doesn't do 214 by themselves in real life. At a plate track probably 193mph at most. In a draft at a plate track is at least 205 or 206 or something like that. I played NASCAR a lot on GT5 and it was fun I just wish the speeds was more realistic. I race everything on gran turismo not just NASCAR. I haven't played NASCAR on gt5 in like a year or so. I might start racing it again when gt6 comes out. Especially now that they have the gen 6 cars now.

Thats because in real life, the cars have restrictor plates. What people don't realize is that these cars are modeled without Restrictor plates (which tells me they model the Mile 1/2 configurations) so actually they would go that fast without plates.

Thats because in real life, the cars have restrictor plates. What people don't realize is that these cars are modeled without Restrictor plates (which tells me they model the Mile 1/2 configurations) so actually they would go that fast without plates.

Yes, here is Matt Kenseth going 213mph (0:31) in a gen5 car on a 'flat' track. Gen 6 cars are faster

We'll I started my opinion on it, there are nascar games for nascar, IMO, it's a waste of time and resources.
Too bad the recent slate of NASCAR licensed games have been all crap. Now question lies whether or not if PD can improve the NASCAR racing, like let us make 2 tire stops/adjustments/etc.
I hope.they lower the downforce though, in real nascar downforce is close to non existent.
R U KIDDING?

If you want a restrictor plate on the COT in GT5, just cut the car's horsepower in half (via power limiter)...NUFF SAID.

If you want a restrictor plate on the COT in GT5, just cut the car's horsepower in half (via power limiter)...NUFF SAID.

Tell that to this guy since he's the one that bought it up:

They actually do run that fast and can do faster, PD has never done a restriction model of a NASCAR so...

Also the cars have been doing that speed casually for many of the 1 1/2 tracks since they started the season.

Back