NASCAR Japan SeriesFinished 

• Thread starter Peelster1
  • 218 comments

Motegi Speedway: To tune or not to tune? That is the question. See page 4, post 117.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We should have room for you. Technically, all our spots are filled, but we usually have a field of 8 on average, leaving 3 cars open. Basically, the policy is, if the primary driver doesn't show up, whoever does show up can drive their car. Send me a Friend Request on PSN and I'll add you to the club.
@Alan2134 said he has work and wants me to sub for him in the #48. I'm not sure if I'm willing to race so that car is effectively open for SSRX.

48 car is open for now. When I find out i dont work on Sundays Ill back dirving 48 car.
If someone wanna to race in this series. I will let them drive 48 car.
I will be sub driver for anyone got personal stuff or work.

I won't be around regardless because I'm going to be away with family watching Packers-Cowboys (They are Redskin fans so they love whoever is facing Dallas) and staying for Broncos vs Colts.
But I'd definitely be up for running the 48 at Motegi, maybe even at Motegi east and HSR in February.

I won't be around regardless because I'm going to be away with family watching Packers-Cowboys (They are Redskin fans so they love whoever is facing Dallas) and staying for Broncos vs Colts.
But I'd definitely be up for running the 48 at Motegi, maybe even at Motegi east and HSR in February.

@Alan2134 has been having to work on Sunday evenings as of late. Just be aware that if he does have time off that he'll be the primary driver for #48. Like I stated earlier, you can take any car as long as the primary driver isn't using the car for that race.

Annoucement: Pit road speed has been announced for Special Stage Route X. Unlike at High Speed Ring Reverse, I have taken into account the automatic speeding up the game does for certain tracks. (Route X is one of those tracks.) Pit road speed will be a whopping 113 mph, with the 5 mph buffer included, 118 mph. For km/h, those numbers are; 183 km/h, 8 km/h buffer, 191 km/h. All of this information is reposted in the race info post on page 1.

Last edited:
@Alan2134 has been having to work on Sunday evenings as of late. Just be aware that if he does have time off that he'll be the primary driver for #48. Like I stated earlier, you can take any car as long as the primary driver isn't using the car for that race.

Annoucement: Pit road speed has been announced for Special Stage Route X. Unlike at High Speed Ring Reverse, I have taken into account the automatic speeding up the game does for certain tracks. (Route X is one of those tracks.) Pit road speed will be a whopping 113 mph, with the 5 mph buffer included, 118 mph. For km/h, those numbers are; 183 km/h, 8 km/h buffer, 191 km/h. All of this information is reposted in the race info post on page 1.
Is the Route X Race this weekend? My league and your league will be running back-to-back Route X Races then. Cool.

Is the Route X Race this weekend? My league and your league will be running back-to-back Route X Races then. Cool.
Yup! I thought that was cool also. Our race will be a day race. (in the game) Is your race day or night?

The game time will be 19:00 at the race start, so night.
Yay! I was hoping it would be. It will also work out better because your cars have headlights. I know I've done night races in the NASCAR cars there before, and it does work out just fine for them, but the cool thing about headlights is the entrance to the tunnel won't be pitch black.

Missed you at Fuji. It had low attendance, but the racing was still pretty good. (I won't spoil anything yet, NearFear recorded and I think he'll be uploading to YouTube, if he hasn't already.) Hope to see you and everybody else at Route X. (I know Alan can't make it. :( But a 10 car field would be great!)

240.jpg
this is complex string

Touché*, sorry, couldn't resist. Honestly, I think complex string is the better of the two. Considering how large Route X is, and the fact that you drive the oval section from around 5000m on the backstretch to 2000m on the frontstretch (with a slight left after the tunnel on the frontstretch), and how large that 270° turn is that leads to the overpass, just imagine how wide and sweeping the rest of the turns are. This is why Special Stage Route X's Road Course would only make a good track for really high powered cars or G-force testing.

You're on the oval for about 12000m, the bridge after turn 1 is about 1000m, wide turns through the Suzuka East section (and the turns are more spread out), about 2000m straight after that into about a 450° turn (that could be fun, probably exactly like Cape Ring's) leading into the most turny section of 180° turn and then another turn that's more than 180° but much less than 270°. The final section would be the best part of the track in my opinion, but still too many long straightaways.

About Route 11, Google the Gran Turismo 1 version which has what was nicknamed "The Death Chicane" I actually wouldn't put Route 11 on the schedule for this series, maybe Super GT though. Ok, that's enough track discussion, if you want more, go to the track discussion thread. (I know there's one around, and I'd link to it, but I don't feel like looking for it right now.)

Race Info Update: Track rules are up for Motegi West Course in the race info post.

Last edited:
I hate to tell everyone this, but I'm resigning from this league. Lots of family things have come up preventing me from showing up the past two weeks, and the silly penalty I see in Motegi's penalty log pushed me over the edge. I hope to see you guys in future leagues, and Peel, I'll try to say this in the nicest way possible, I hope you'll see that you can't run a NASCAR league in the future this strict and still keep people interested. I'm positive this is why attendance has been low. Regardless, thanks for the racing that was good occasionally.

I hate to tell everyone this, but I'm resigning from this league. Lots of family things have come up preventing me from showing up the past two weeks, and the silly penalty I see in Motegi's penalty log pushed me over the edge. I hope to see you guys in future leagues, and Peel, I'll try to say this in the nicest way possible, I hope you'll see that you can't run a NASCAR league in the future this strict and still keep people interested. I'm positive this is why attendance has been low. Regardless, thanks for the racing that was good occasionally.

I'm sorry to hear that, but just because it's a NASCAR league doesn't mean it should be any less serious than any other league. Penalties stink, nobody likes them and a couple of the penalties that happened in Motegi were simply a matter of bad luck or not paying full attention. I'll admit, paying attention all the time isn't easy, but if it's in the rules, my job is to hand the penalty out.

By the way, attendance actually hasn't been that bad. We had 7 at Clubman Stage Route 5, (you were the only one to not race), and we had 6 at Fuji Speedway GT (we got a couple new drivers, and some drivers had other things like work) we were back to 7 for Special Stage Route X.)

It's sad to see you go over one penalty that didn't affect your finish at all, but I suppose it's a matter of principle and I respect your decision. Should you decide to reverse it, you are free to return.

I'm sorry to hear that, but just because it's a NASCAR league doesn't mean it should be any less serious than any other league. Penalties stink, nobody likes them and a couple of the penalties that happened in Motegi were simply a matter of bad luck or not paying full attention. I'll admit, paying attention all the time isn't easy, but if it's in the rules, my job is to hand the penalty out.

By the way, attendance actually hasn't been that bad. We had 7 at Clubman Stage Route 5, (you were the only one to not race), and we had 6 at Fuji Speedway GT (we got a couple new drivers, and some drivers had other things like work) we were back to 7 for Special Stage Route X.)

It's sad to see you go over one penalty that didn't affect your finish at all, but I suppose it's a matter of principle and I respect your decision. Should you decide to reverse it, you are free to return.
I heard you guys finished with 4 at Clubman, and 4 or 5 a Fuji also. That's why I said that. Also, I never said to take a NASCAR league less seriously, I said it was too strict with rules. When I joined this, you said you were going for a late 90's, early 00's feel of NASCAR, and with rules in place that make it feel like I'm racing in F1, I'm just not getting any joy out of it.

Last edited:
I heard you guys finished with 4 at Clubman, and 4 or 5 a Fuji also. That's why I said that. Also, I never said to take a NASCAR league less seriously, I said it was too strict with rules. When I joined this, you said you were going for a late 90's, early 00's feel of NASCAR, and with rules in place that make it feel like I'm racing in F1, I'm just not getting any joy out of it.

I'm sorry you aren't enjoying it. I am using NASCAR's rulebook. The only difference is, unlike NASCAR, I actually enforce it. That's probably why it feels like F1. It's true, I'm not all "boys have at it" like NASCAR is. I guess it's just what happens when you turn NASCAR into a sport instead of an entertainment service like it is now. It's sad to see you go, but I definitely understand that there is no point in participating if it isn't fun.

Last edited:
UNDER CONSTRUCTION
NJS Race #4 - Clubman 300km @ Clubman Stage Route 5
No video this time. I may record the replay for upload at a later date.

Clubman 300kmStarting Grid
1st: #18 Dcrimnal [56.613]
2nd: #20 NearFear [58.470]
3rd: #42 trobes29 [58.613]
4th: #24 Peelster1 [59.892] (Invalid: Incorrect Transmission)
5th: #88 braunracing88 [1:00.637]
6th: #48 Alan_2134 [1:01.564]
7th: #11 Jayden5536 [1:03.957]
DNS: #48 Alan_2134 [Notified No Show]

Clubman 300km Official Results
1st: Placeholder [175 Points]
2nd: Placeholder [170 Points]
3rd: Placeholder[165 Points]
4th: Placeholder [160 Points]
DNF: Placeholder [155 Points]
DNF: #14 carl2448 (Lap 76) +1 Penalty Lap (Lap 75) +9 Seconds Penalty [150 Points]
DNF: #11 Jayden5536 (Lap 26) +3 Penalty Laps (Lap 23) [146 Points]
DNS: #48 Alan_2134 [0 Points]

Clubman 300km Race Stats
Time of Race: xh:xx:xx.xxx minus 10:55.505.
Average Speed: xx.xxx mph
Margin of Victory: +xx.xxx
Caution Flags: x for xx Laps
Lap Leaders: x
Lead Changes: x

Clubman 300km Best Laps
GTP_Bambi: xx.xxx
NearFear: xx.xxx
carl2448: xx.xxx
Peelster1: xx.xxx
Dcrimnal: xx.xxx
Jayden5536: xx.xxx
braunracing88: xx.xxx

Bonus Points and Penalty Points
#42 trobes29: +
#20 NearFear: +
#24 Peelster1: -45 Points (-45 Incorrect Transmission)
#88 braunracing88: +
#11 Jayden5536: +
#18 Dcrimnal: +
#14 carl2448: +
#48 Alan_2134: +142 (+142 1 Place less than Last Place Points for notifying Officials of being unable to start.)

Adjusted Points Standings for Clubman 300km
1st: Placeholder [175 Points]
2nd: Placeholder [170 Points]
3rd: Placeholder[165 Points]
4th: Placeholder [160 Points]
5th: Placeholder [155 Points]
6th: Placeholder [150 Points]
7th: Placeholder [146 Points]
8th: Placeholder [0 Points]

Clubman 300km Total Laps Led
GTP_Bambi: xx

Clubman 300km Laps Led
Race Started Under Caution
C2.
GTP_Bambi +5 Points
Green Flag
3:
GTP_Bambi
4: GTP_Bambi
5: GTP_Bambi
6: GTP_Bambi
7: GTP_Bambi
8: GTP_Bambi
9: GTP_Bambi
10: GTP_Bambi
11: GTP_Bambi
12: GTP_Bambi
13: GTP_Bambi
14: GTP_Bambi
15: GTP_Bambi
16: GTP_Bambi
17: GTP_Bambi
18: GTP_Bambi
19: GTP_Bambi
20: GTP_Bambi
21: GTP_Bambi
22: GTP_Bambi
23: GTP_Bambi
24: GTP_Bambi
25: GTP_Bambi
26: GTP_Bambi
27: GTP_Bambi
28: GTP_Bambi
29: GTP_Bambi
C30: GTP_Bambi
C31: Dcrimnal +5 Points
Red Flag: 5:35.885
C32: GTP_Bambi
C33: GTP_Bambi
34: GTP_Bambi
C35: GTP_Bambi
C36: GTP_Bambi
C37: GTP_Bambi
C38: GTP_Bambi
39: GTP_Bambi
C40: GTP_Bambi
C41: GTP_Bambi
C42: GTP_Bambi
C43: GTP_Bambi
C44: GTP_Bambi
45: GTP_Bambi
C46: GTP_Bambi
C47: GTP_Bambi
C48: GTP_Bambi
C49: GTP_Bambi
50: GTP_Bambi
C51: GTP_Bambi
C52: GTP_Bambi
C53: GTP_Bambi
C54: GTP_Bambi
55: GTP_Bambi
56: GTP_Bambi
C57: GTP_Bambi
C58: GTP_Bambi
C59: GTP_Bambi
C60: GTP_Bambi
C61: GTP_Bambi
62: GTP_Bambi
C63: GTP_Bambi
C64: GTP_Bambi
C65: GTP_Bambi
C66: GTP_Bambi
67: GTP_Bambi
C68: GTP_Bambi
C69: GTP_Bambi
70: trobes29
71: Jayden5536
72: Jayden5536
73: Jayden5536
74: Jayden5536
75: Jayden5536
76: Peelster1
77: Peelster1
78: Peelster1
79: Peelster1
80: Peelster1
81: Peelster1
82: Peelster1
83: Peelster1
84: trobes29
85: trobes29
86: trobes29
87: trobes29
88: trobes29
89: trobes29
90: trobes29
91: trobes29
92: trobes29
93: trobes29
94: trobes29
95: trobes29
96: trobes29
97: trobes29
98: trobes29
99: trobes29
100: trobes29
101: trobes29
102: trobes29
103: trobes29
104: trobes29
105: trobes29
106: trobes29
107: trobes29
108: trobes29
109: trobes29
110: trobes29
111: trobes29
112: trobes29
113: trobes29
114: trobes29
115: trobes29
116: trobes29
117: trobes29
118: trobes29
119: trobes29
120: trobes29
121: trobes29
122: trobes29
123: trobes29

Penalties & Adjustments Log
The lap indicated is the lap of the leader that was shown by the game. The location is the location of the driver incurring the penalty or adjustment.

Clubman Stage Route 5.png

Start: Peelster1 Incorrect Transmission. Peelster1 -45 Points.
Lap 4: Turn 1 Dcrimnal Minor Track Boundaries Violation, Dcrimnal +2 seconds added to total time.
Lap 4: Turn 1 carl2448 Minor Track Boundaries Violation, carl2448 +2 seconds added to total time.
Lap 8 Turn 9 Jayden5536 (Lap 7) Pit Entry Line Violation, Jayden5536 Drive-through Penalty not served. Jayden5536 +1 Lap as of Lap 11.
Lap 17: Turn 2b carl2448 (Lap 16) Minor Track Boundaries Violation, carl2448 +1 second added to total time. +3 seconds total.
Lap 19: Turn 9 Exit Jayden5536 (Lap 18) Pit Entry Line Violation, Jayden5536 Drive-through Penalty not served. Jayden5536 +1 Lap as of Lap 22. +2 Laps total.
Lap 21: Turn 7 Exit Dcrimnal Minor Track Boundaries Violation, Dcrimnal +2 seconds added to total time. +4 seconds total.
Lap 27: Turn 9 Exit Jayden5536 (Lap 18) Pit Entry Line Violation, Jayden5536 Drive-through Penalty not served. Jayden5536 (Lap 25) +1 Lap as of Lap 28. +3 Laps total.
Lap 28: Turn 1 GTP_Bambi Minor Track Boundaries Violation, GTP_Bambi +2 seconds added to total time.
Lap 28: Backstretch Under review.
Lap 34: Turn 1 Dcrimnal Moderate Track Boundaries Violation, Dcrimnal +3 seconds added to total time. +7 seconds total.
Lap 34: Turn 4 Dcrimnal Ghosting Penalty. Drive-through Penalty changed to End of Line Penalty due to Yellow Flag. Penalty merged with next penalty.
Lap 36: Turn 9 Exit Dcrimnal Pit Entry Line Violation. Penalty merged with previous penalty. Dcrimnal End of Line Penalty not served. Dcrimnal +1 Lap as of Lap 42.
Lap 41: Turn 9 Exit Dcrimnal Pit Entry Line Violation. Dcrimnal End of Line Penalty not served, Drive-through Penalty served on Restart instead.
Lap 42: Turn 9 Exit carl2448 (Lap 41) Pit Entry Line Violation. carl2448 End of Line Penalty served.
Lap 50: Turn 1 Dcrimnal Moderate Track Boundaries Violation, Dcrimnal +3 seconds added to total time. +10 seconds total.
Lap 51: Pit Entrance Dcrimnal pits when pits are closed. Dcrimnal End of Line Penalty served.
Lap 52: Turn 9 Exit carl2448 (Lap 51) Pit Entry Line Violation. Penalty merged with next penalty.
Lap 52: Pit Entrance carl2448 (Lap 51) pits when pits are closed. Penalty merged with previous penalty. carl2448 End of Line Penalty served.
Lap 53: Turn 9 Exit braunracing88 (Lap 52) pulls up to pit. braunracing88 +1 Lap Penalty served as of Lap 53-54 Restart.
Lap 56: Turn 8 Dcrimnal Ghosting Penalty. Penalty merged with next 2 penalties.
Lap 56: Turn 9 Exit Dcrimnal Pit Entry Line Violation. Penalty merged with previous penalty and next penalty.
Lap 56: Pit Entrance Dcrimnal Speeding Penalty. 53 mph. Pit Road Speed Limit: 45 mph. Penalty merged with previous 2 penalties. Dcrimnal Drive-through Penalty converted to End of Line Penalty, served as of Lap 61.
Lap 65: Pit Entrance carl2448 (Lap 64) Speeding Penalty. 53 mph. Pit Road Speed Limit: 45 mph. carl2448 End of Line Penalty not served. carl2448 +1 lap as of Lap 68.
Lap 65: Pit Entrance Dcrimnal Pit Entry Line Violation. Dcrimnal End of Line Penalty not served. Dcrimnal +1 lap as of Lap 68. +2 laps total.
Lap 67: Turn 1 GTP_Bambi Minor Track Boundaries Penalty. GTP_Bambi +2 seconds added to total time. +4 seconds total.
Lap 68: Pit Entrance Quick Caution. Pits open.
Lap 71: Turn 2b Exit carl2448 Minor Track Boundaries Penalty. carl2448 +1 second to total time. +4 seconds total.
Lap 72: Turn 7 Exit: Peelster1 (Lap 71) Minor Track Boundaries Penalty. Peelster1 +2 seconds to total time. +3 seconds total.
Lap 72: Turn 7 Exit: carl2448 (Lap 71) Minor Track Boundaries Penalty. carl2448 +2 seconds to total time. +6 seconds total.
Lap 74: Turn 2b Exit: carl2448 (Lap 73) Minor Track Boundaries Penalty. carl2448 +1 second to total time. +7 seconds total.
Lap 74: Turn 7 Exit: carl2448 (Lap 73) Minor Track Boundaries Penalty. carl2448 +2 seconds to total time. +9 seconds total.

Last edited:
Rulebook Update: Penalty 23b. has been adjusted. It now reads:

23b. Do not press Start to "ghost", "put your car on auto drive" under Green Flag unless you're in your pit box. It is allowed under Caution, but not during the approach to pit road and not after the command has been given to line up for the Restart on the "one to go".

I apologize for the double post, but here is the event @Peelster1 was stewarding and I was driving. I drove for the better part of the first two hours with my teammates starting and ending the run at the halfway point. @Peelster1 gave me permission to post this here. Enjoy.

Here is session 2. I am in the silver R8 LMS for portions of the session.

Last edited:
Well after a low turnout, we ran 100 laps of an uneventful race. It was decided that it will be official, but won't count toward points. We can try again next week, pushing the entire schedule down 1 week, which will mean High Speed Ring will be pushed an additional week or 2 to make room for Speedweeks 2015 and the Daytona 500. (Will be non-points and technically not part of this series, and anyone is welcome.) Or instead of moving the schedule, we can replace Motegi East with Motegi West. Additionally, we can skip Motegi West, (which I'd rather not do as it actually ran quite well.) Discuss.

@Peelster1 It was pretty fun at the end and sorry about that contact coming in the chicane

Yeah, I got excited because I was catching braunracing88, and then were all together. The race went smoothly, but we just didn't have the numbers to make it a good race. Part of me wishes we just finished it, but the rest of me knows what the race could be.

Yeah, I got excited because I was catching braunracing88, and then were all together. The race went smoothly, but we just didn't have the numbers to make it a good race. Part of me wishes we just finished it, but the rest of me knows what the race could be.
yeah that was the only battle

Back