NASCAR Online (Daytona)

Do you have the fastest NASCAR Stock car online with your setup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
210 without drafting? I have a hard time believing that. So far the highest speed I have saw out of any Nascar in GT6 without drafting is 207mph and only a few will do that and must be very well tuned to do so.

I helped my buddy set his up and he has been racing in some online lobbies with it blasting past everyone.

I would say if someone is going past you at 210 then they have gotten some draft to help them along or perhaps boost enabled may have an effect I never enabled that when I race so I would not know.

btw I tried the tune that many speak of and it wasn't bad but I did see several things that could be done to make it faster. Things like removing the toe, reducing the ride height to 90/80 and a few other little things will shave a few tenths off its lap times
Like Killer said - a mans not going to show his whole hand in a poker game. We can all tweak his excellent base tune. Honestly though, the best thing to do for the Nascar Cup is win them all in a stock standard car (which is not hard - if I can, anyone can) so you know what you are about and then start tuning for better times on different tracks.:)

Like Killer said - a mans not going to show his whole hand in a poker game. We can all tweak his excellent base tune. Honestly though, the best thing to do for the Nascar Cup is win them all in a stock standard car (which is not hard - if I can, anyone can) so you know what you are about and then start tuning for better times on different tracks.:)
I agree the Nascar races can be won easily with a standard tune. Of course that was not what I was talking about. The guy said people were doing 210 without drafting. The Nascars will not come anywhere near that in the event unless they are in a heavy draft. They top out in the 180s on their own when using the 70% limiter.

At 100% they top out at about 207 on Daytona if they are tuned extremely well and some of them will not reach 207.

210 without drafting? I have a hard time believing that. So far the highest speed I have saw out of any Nascar in GT6 without drafting is 207mph and only a few will do that and must be very well tuned to do so.

I helped my buddy set his up and he has been racing in some online lobbies with it blasting past everyone.

I would say if someone is going past you at 210 then they have gotten some draft to help them along or perhaps boost enabled may have an effect I never enabled that when I race so I would not know.

btw I tried the tune that many speak of and it wasn't bad but I did see several things that could be done to make it faster. Things like removing the toe, reducing the ride height to 90/80 and a few other little things will shave a few tenths off its lap times
Go ahead and remove the toe good luck after lap 5.

Go ahead and remove the toe good luck after lap 5.
I run a few different settings than what are on that tune. I did try it to see how it did and it was pretty good, I was able to make it quite a bit quicker with a few adjustments though.

I always go without toe on oval tunes if possible as toe slows you down and increases tire wear. I just thought perhaps you had not considered going without the toe and or using a different ride height. Of course it doesn't matter much to me one way or the other just a suggestion.

I don't really know where my tuning ranks in GT as there is no leaderboards. I do know that I have posted a lot of #1 times on Forza over the last few years and rarely loose a race on an oval track when I do it is usually to my brother or one of my team mates who are running my tunes unless it is to my brother or one of my team mates who are running one of our tunes ;)

Well maybe you should come to one of our lounges that we run.I'm sure there would be a few guys and girls that would be glad to run their tune versus yours.This is not Forza complete different game.I think you might want to revisit the no toe theory at Daytona,I have no idea were you get the thought that it slows you down and causes tire wear.Thanks for the suggestion,but I think I'm OK in the tuning department for GT6.

I'm also reaching 207 by myself coming into turn 3, and I've also seen 208 on a few occasions. So far, my best solo lap times have been low 43.8's in my 43 car. I'm running very consistent 44.0's in my 14 car.

I'm also reaching 207 by myself coming into turn 3, and I've also seen 208 on a few occasions. So far, my best solo lap times have been low 43.8's in my 43 car. I'm running very consistent 44.0's in my 14 car.
Fastest I got was 44 on the dot with Edwards' 2013 car. Still learning optimal patterns throughout the track.

I have a couple of setups I created for Daytona in a couple of hours - Trying to figure out how to tune :D

Setup 1:
195-205 MPH w/o drafting - 201-202 MPH at finish line
*Can't draft (Est. Top speed: 210-215)

Setup 2:
192-203 MPH w/o drafting - 201 MPH at finish line
*Can draft (Est. Top speed: 230-245)

~I didn't test with other drivers so I don't know the exact top speeds. For the first setup, I'm pretty sure it'll be in that range but for the second one, I can't really tell w/o anybody to test and tune with.

~I'll be hosting NASCAR tuning sessions for the PS3 GT6 if anybody's interested. If so, please leave a comment.

Daytona Nascar:

210/no draft into turn 3 is definitely doable.. try 149 flip tranny: reset to default-final gear 5.000- max speed 149-1st, 2nd, 3rd gears all way left, 4th gear all way right (1.099)... reset final gear 3.085. Suspension should be pretty slammed: RH 50/55- SPRINGs 10.54/12.00-Dampers all 1-no camber, no toe... 2010's and 11's ARE faster than 13's... 2010 Ford Dinger is the fastest of the lot.

If I gave out my exact setup that I drive, it wouldn't be very beneficial for me in a room racing my car. If you get my point. My setup is not very far off from the one posted.I also use a wheel and drive a different line than other people.I also race with the same group of people every day and we all run fast.

I give mine away, but I think you are faster than me in NASCAR. Maybe not Dirty NASCAR because I don't add ballast and just plan to out zig and zag you. :lol:

I give mine away, but I think you are faster than me in NASCAR. Maybe not Dirty NASCAR because I don't add ballast and just plan to out zig and zag you. :lol:
Haven't played GT6 in 2 years. No desire to play it. Played dirty Nascar once. Could never get the idea of smashing into people.

Back