NASCAR + road course= FAST !

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cavallo Rosso
  • 18 comments
  • 2,106 views
Messages
179
Messages
Rulerzigzag
Never knew how great NASCAR race cars handled until I played GT5.

 
uhh...these things handle like butt.....some friends and I took them around Suzuka, and it handled like super butt.
 
My butt got loads of traction, and the youtube video seems to suggest that the NASCAR race car got it as well.
 
Drift, you and your buddies might want to stop using N, err "Comfort" tires on everything. Those are meant for seriously slow cars that go from 0 - 60 sometimes. And "downforce", that's a good thing.
 
That lap I did around the Cape Ring was just 3.5 seconds Slower than my lap with the Pagani Zonda R which has a similar engine displacment as the NASCAR.
 
Ever watched a NASCAR road race? Although they are heavy, they handle very well for their weight. And the almost 900 horses makes up for that anyway...
 
Cape Ring is a long track, and so 3.5 seconds isn't that much. One bad thing about that big Chevy was that the engine is so asleep when the throttle is mashed halfway. It begs for you to floor it and that's all the engine knows.
 
all nascars know is left
 
My Target car can SMOKE everything but the Chapparal at Laguna Seca in the American Championship. Watching the replay it behaves almost like an F1 car through the turns. I didn't realize just how fast I was exiting turns while in cockpit. Yes, they can SHRED road courses :)
 
Hey, in the level 21 event challenge for Nascar. For the first one, is there a trick or something? I don't get it. I have bronze for this one, and for the 2nd and 3rd are easy golds for me. I just don't get how I am supposed to get that close to them. Need some videos if anything..
 
De Nascar championship in Extreme Series is really good fun! It's easy to set consistent and good laptimes with these cars!
 
Hey, in the level 21 event challenge for Nascar. For the first one, is there a trick or something? I don't get it. I have bronze for this one, and for the 2nd and 3rd are easy golds for me. I just don't get how I am supposed to get that close to them. Need some videos if anything..

Sounds weird, but once released from the pitlane, go to the right of the track and immediately get in the slipstreams whilst blocking off those behind. Somehow worked for me!
 
I thought this game was realistic until I saw a NASCAR turn right.
 
Hey, in the level 21 event challenge for Nascar. For the first one, is there a trick or something? I don't get it. I have bronze for this one, and for the 2nd and 3rd are easy golds for me. I just don't get how I am supposed to get that close to them. Need some videos if anything..

Try turnign off the ABS... these challenges have ASM forced on... if you turn off ABS it stops the ASM working and you'll find them easy to gold.

I wish I'd have known this before I spent an hour golding these 3 tests.
 
The stock NASCAR tyres have nowhere near the level of grip that the racing soft has, you should use at least racing hard I would guess.
 
Are these cars set for ovals by default? Such as stagger etc? I did the NASCAR championsip with my bonus gamestop car and the road courses gave me massive head aches even with softs. Even with traction control I was roasting the tires exiting corners. I'll have to mess with the settings I suppose. I was too furious with the moron AI last night to give it any thought.
 
Try turnign off the ABS... these challenges have ASM forced on... if you turn off ABS it stops the ASM working and you'll find them easy to gold.

I wish I'd have known this before I spent an hour golding these 3 tests.

+1 from me ,

If you ave a DFGT as soon as the Event Starts switch the ASM OFF

DS3 you can Configure the Controller so it lets you do that , sorry I don't know how as I only use the DFGT for the game
 
Back