NASCAR Road Racing + Plymouth XNR (Sunday Classic Racing) Pimiki Double Champion!!!Finished 

Do you have any of these cars? Information check for future race series

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Crap! I forgot to ask a vital question (bonehead mistake), is this going to be a private lobby that Sick opens up or do I join a club for this?

I'm so angry right now, after some mistake I got behind Eran and infront of If, I made progress on Eran and felt like I could pass him, then my kid walks in to the small room I'm in and closes the door, gets very hot very fast I've got mad and yelled at him to open the door but he ignored me, and then I felt bad about yelling but still mad and hot as hell, and finally If past me as well, good thing he crashed before finish line, so I could feel a little good for myself! ;-)

FGT was a hit! ;-)Partly my fault in the start, and then I couldn't get in to the position I was in, doesn't really matter when everyone dropped out, but if there is this few racers on FGT next week, then we could just skip that one and go after today's positions, seemed like it was a big enough gap between all who raced to predict next week's outcome, If I saw all who raced? 6 was on my screen at finish, I was third!

If we do the pace car again we need 2 things:

1) Visibility test. Everone sees one other.

2) Practice start before qualification so everyone knows how it will work.

Have to say it was bit frustrating to do the pace car driving when everything got messed up...

As for the Plymouth and NASCAR. I really enjoyed it! See you next week 👍

Last edited:
Many apologies for the problems with today's meeting!

I had hoped that Polyphony Digital / Sony would have spent some of the recent marathon maintenance period upgrading their servers, but the disconnections and invisible car problems were back to being as bad as when GT6 first launched.

We over ran this evening which we haven't done for many months. In future if we are as far behind schedule due to disconnections as we were today, the FGT race will be cancelled. There was no possibility of restarting the FGT race when Pimiki disconnected as we were already well past our time.

If we are running behind, but close to schedule the FGT will be shortened to 10 minutes duration.

Regarding the Pace Car - it worked well in testing and was announced in this thread, but I got the impression that some drivers didn't know about it. We will have a discussion on this thread about the FGT race and how best to get it underway - we did try no pace car, just following the lead car during the test meeting and that seemed to work well.

Option 1. FGT normal standing start.

Option 2. FGT follow the pole car to start.

Option 3. FGT start behind the Pace Car.

Option 4 Scrap FGT and increase race 1 (XNR by 5 minutes) and race 2 (Nascar by 5 minutes)

Please all Racers let me know which of the 4 options you would prefer.

Last edited:

I had hoped that Polyphony Digital / Sony would have spent some of the recent marathon maintenance period upgrading their servers, but the disconnections and invisible car problems were back to being as bad as when GT6 first launched.

We over ran this evening which we haven't done for many months. In future if we are as far behind schedule due to disconnections as we were today, the FGT race will be cancelled. There was no possibility of restarting the FGT race when Pimiki disconnected as we were already well past our time.

If we are running behind, but close to schedule the FGT will be shortened to 10 minutes duration.

Regarding the Pace Car - it worked well in testing and was announced in this tread, but I got the impression that some drivers didn't know about it. We will have a discussion on this thread about the FGT race and how best to get it underway - we did try no pace car, just following the lead car during the test meeting and that seemed to work well.

Option 4 Scrap FGT and increase race 1 (XNR by 5 minutes) and race 2 (Nascar by 5 minutes)

Option 3. We'll just have to make sure inform everyone about the pace car. The main reason why everyone flew away like that was probably due to them not knowing about the pace car. Plus I like the pace car, makes the race feel a little more authentic and real.

Regarding the Pace Car - it worked well in testing and was announced in this tread, but I got the impression that some drivers didn't know about it. We will have a discussion on this thread about the FGT race and how best to get it underway - we did try no pace car, just following the lead car during the test meeting and that seemed to work well.

And I totally forgot about the pace car, even though I was online testing it with you earlier this week. And even though it's cool with a pace car I don't think that it is the best way to start the race, I think we could have a ordinary rolling start that the game provides for, it does provide for that right? I actually hated rolling starts in the game, because every event offline starts like that, but I don't really race anything anymore, so now I see no problem with it! :-)

And I totally forgot about the pace car, even though I was online testing it with you earlier this week. And even though it's cool with a pace car I don't think that it is the best way to start the race, I think we could have a ordinary rolling start that the game provides for, it does provide for that right? I actually hated rolling starts in the game, because every event offline starts like that, but I don't really race anything anymore, so now I see no problem with it! :-)

last time I checked for a rolling start option for Daytona Road (because of the banking) it wasn't listed for online racing.

XNR: Pretty nice. Looked like a close battle in the lead, and eventually it allowed me to catch up and fight for 2nd place, but it was just a matter of time before pimiki took it back.

Nascar: Lots of great battles! My strategy was to brake late and brake hard and I managed to defend my position and even overtake a car that way. As for tuning, I didn't spend a lot of time on it. Essentially I just cranked up the downforce and called it a day. Made my car pretty slow on the straights though, so for next week I'll take it down a few notches.

FGT: Qualifying was close. On my last lap I was close to beating pimiki's time, but ran wide on the corner leading back to the oval circuit. Ended up second, or so I thought. Apparently there was an invisible car ahead of me. As for the start of the race, I believe pimiki might have thought that he would lead us on the pace lap. Maybe it's a language barrier thing? Anyway, I had put in a lot of practice for this race, so I was sad to see all the problems we had with it.

For the future I think that option one is a no go, because a standing start would lead to too much wheelspin and we're already running on the limits for what the tyres can deal with during a ten - fifteen minute race. I would suggest option 2 or 3. Once we make sure that everyone knows what's going on I think the pace car start can work just fine.

About the invisibility issue, what can we do about that?

**Caution Long Post**

This is my reflection of the first series of "Monzanapolis"

When joining the series, I had no idea what to expect and was a little bit nervous about going up against competition with cars I rarely drive with street tires; in addition, I didn't attend the testing session (Joined series late). I didn't do as bad as I thought I would though and I had great fun in these races.

Autodromo Nazionale Monza '80s.jpg

With me not being too familiar with the Plymouth XNR it took me awhile to adjust to the way the car drives and its tendencies. It also doesn't help that I had to also adjust to a track I barely race at as well :lol:. Overall in this race, the competition was fierce and fun! Although I got 9th out of 13 drivers, I enjoyed this race a lot.

Autodromo Nazionale Monza '80s_1.jpg

Again, I had to adjust to the characteristics of this NASCAR. Not a huge fan of it and I don't normally drive them but maaan, this was definitely an exception. Position swapping, smoke rising, engines roaring was the theme of this race. I was a little faster this race than the last one as I was able to grab 6th place despite slipping into the dirt a couple of times and spinning my wheels after every turn exit.

Indianapolis Road Course.jpg

This was probably my favorite race of the whole series today, not because I was able to capture 2nd place but how realistic the race felt. Although people were a little confused about the pace car while having invisibility issues and we had half of the grid leave this race, the FGT was arguably one of my best and favorite races, speeding around turns while being cautious of throttle input just made the chase for eran0004's 1st place spot more intense and fun. I was unsuccessful, as eran took the gold. (Congrats by the way eran0004) I hope we can get the pace car regulation down and fix this invisibility issue that has been plaguing GT's online servers because I hope we have more participants next time to make this race even more enticing.

Overall I got what I expected from this series. Clean, competitive, organized, and fast fun. Everybody raced very clean and very accurately. I did underestimate the speed of a lot of the drivers though. Everybody in this series has some type of speed in them it seems. (Breakdown Every driver in this series seems to be better than your average GT gamer).

I can't wait for next week's race

More pictures to come soon.

Thanks for the great pictures and kind words Manasseh - normally our meetings run to schedule like clock work and we don't have any problems, but today we over ran due to disconnections and the FGT race was very disappointing - not representative of our normal standard of race meeting. I hope you continue to enjoy the series and stay with us - there are lots of exciting new series planned for 2015 and 2016!

Option 2/3: (Any rolling start)

Had good hopes for the NASCAR n FGT race but I had to be struck with internet issues - found out my cable and some parts of the actual port itself is damaged. :yuck:

Was enjoying a great battle with Eran in race 1 before dcing but apologies as most of the delays and invisibility (for some people) caused issues for you guys but I do like how the format is run though!

I won't be there for next race weekend as I'm away on holiday! So see you guys in Week 3.

Race Report Round 1 of 12 - Monza 1980's & Indy Road

I focussed on trying to stay out of peoples way during the races - I had planned to practise late Sunday morning or early afternoon, but domestic requirements took precedence. It was good to see a big turn out and also the first appearance of some new names all of whom raced cleanly, well and fast. Bergele put in a great performance - he uses a hand controller and I know these cars are not easy to use drive with a controller (the Nascar and FGT are deliberately limited on power to make them a bit more realistic and easier to drive).

I felt very sorry for GTP_TLE152 (TLE) who was having terrible trouble with disconnections.

Monza is not one of my favourite tracks, but it had to used for round 1 as that is where the Monzanapolis cars raced in 1957 and 1958 (albeit on the now unused banked circuit). I find it very difficult to judge the braking so went for the safe option, braking early for each chicane and corner.

A shot from 1958 - Stirling Moss (Maserati) takes the inside line in car 10.

monza-sp-090911.jpg

Monzanapolis XNR Plymouth Results - Monza 1980's

1st - Lex Lathor
2nd - Pimiki
3rd - Eran

4th - Danielsspel
5th - GKGamer
6th - bloodyboyblue
7th - Bergele
8th - Manny
9th - Manasseh
10th - IfAndOr
11th - Sick Cylinder
12th - John Wells
13th - Tony Lomas
14th - TLE (Disconnected)

Nascar Road Racing Results - Monza 1980's

1st - Pimiki
2nd - Lex Lathor
3rd - Bergele

4th - GKGamer
5th - Manny
6th - Manasseh
7th - bloodyboyblue
8th - Eran
9th - Danielsspel
10th - Sick Cylinder
11th - IfAndOr
12th - John Wells
13th - Tony Lomas

I enjoyed driving the Nascar, but I must apologise to all for using the wrong car - next week I will be in the other Brian Vickers car with the silver nose! I'm not sure what happened to IfAndOr because he was safely ahead of me, but as I approached the finish line, his car was coasting and I just managed to sneak past for 10th place.

Formula GT Results - Indy Road

Unfortunately this race was a Fiasco due to late running of the meeting causing most of the field to leave before the end of the race, invisible cars and a botched start. The results are shown, but no points will be issued towards the championship from Round 1. If this was a real race it would have been abandoned - I did not do that as it was probably less confusing to let it run to the end.

Please join the discussion on this thread about what to do with the Formula GT race.

Well done to the podium finishers who somehow managed not to be distracted by the messages coming up on the screen during the race.

1st - Eran
2nd - Manasseh
3rd - Danielsspel
4th - Sick Cylinder
5th - Tony Lomas
6th - John Wells

I enjoyed the first two races of round 1 and hope that next week we have a good meeting without disconnections and invisible cars.

Next Week Round 2 Brands Hatch 1980's (race 1 & 2) and Brands Hatch Indy 1980's (race 3) replicating the famous visit of the Indy cars to Brands Hatch in 1978 and in whose honour the club circuit was renamed.

Last edited:
@Sick Cylinder thanks for the encouraging words :) my tuning was focused on making the cars drivable. My NASCAR had suspension at as soft as possible. Rear stabilizer added quite a bit and 26/6/22 LSD. It was very drivable, even fun :)

Tuning for the Plymouth had same kind of ideology but it did not need quite so drastic measures :)

@Sick Cylinder thanks for the encouraging words :) my tuning was focused on making the cars drivable. My NASCAR had suspension at as soft as possible. Rear stabilizer added quite a bit and 26/6/22 LSD. It was very drivable, even fun :)

Tuning for the Plymouth had same kind of ideology but it did not need quite so drastic measures :)
I have a similar setup, soft is the way to go for me, and I also use a controller, I have the G27 standing on the table infront of me, but haven't taken the time to plug it in after we moved, it takes a tremendous effort to connect a cable to the ps3! :D

Let's just scrap the FGT series altogether. It's a fun car to drive, but like you said the start was a fiasco. Also, it wears the tyres so quickly that most people will probably need a pit stop at the end of the races anyway, and then we'd have to deal with the pit stop bug.

If we do scrap the FGT series though, I'd say we keep the XNR race as it is and add 10 minutes to the Nascar race instead. Perhaps we could even have an endurance race (50+ minutes?) now and then?

bloodyboyblue*

Also what's this pit stop bug you keep talking about? Every series I've ever been in has had multiple pit stops and no issues.

bloodyboyblue*

Also what's this pit stop bug you keep talking about? Every series I've ever been in has had multiple pit stops and no issues.

In the previous series we had an event at Silverstone with dynamic weather. During that race, some cars got stuck in the pit and couldn't get back on the track.

In the previous series we had an event at Silverstone with dynamic weather. During that race, some cars got stuck in the pit and couldn't get back on the track.

I've seen that happen once or twice and it generally happens to people with bad connections that day or people that not everyone can see on track.

Hi there! I'm sorry I forgot the handler circuit and even came to my mind when you left off at the start I thought DC is !

bloodyboyblue*

The Pit Stop Bug has happened to me in every series that we have run with pit stops - in some I've missed three rounds as a result. I think it attacks the host more than other players - understandably I'm not keen to reinstate pit stops until this bug is fixed.

I have several theories about the bug: 1. It relates to entering the pit lane too fast, the game issues a time penalty and holds the car in the pits, but the bug fails to start the pit stop. 2. It relates to changing the amount of fuel from the default value and confirming the instruction after a certain point in the pit lane has been passed - the game becomes confused and the pit stop is not completed.

No matter what I try it seems to attack me on a random basis if I am hosting a race.

It was good to see so many on the grid this week. It made for some exciting races.
I struggled with the XNR but it was good when it behaved :)
The nascar race really impressed me. Maybe it's the size of the cars or the lack of brake lights that made it feel like really close racing. Until my tyres went and as I was at the back anyway, I pitted and enjoyed a few quick laps at the end.
The FGT race didn't go as planned. I for one vote for us to just try again with the pace car. I think it looked great and made for a safe start. By next week, everyone should know the plan and it'll go smoother. If I get a second vote it's for slower tyre degradation. My lead foot spun up my rear tyres a lot and pretty much ruined them. I guess it's like F1 and rewards controlled drivers like Jenson Button.

Looking forward to Brands Hatch Sunday.

Back