NASCAR Seasonal

• Thread starter W3H5
  • 498 comments
Still have yet to win the Jeff Gordon Suit and Helmet, 5 laps of Suzuka kinda puts me off.

This event made me hate Nascars. Too much understeer.

Serious? But they were brilliant on turn in, as if they had been setup already. I guess that's the SRF
Jai
Can't believe I spun on the final corner of Indy on the last lap.

I was like 15 or 20 seconds up at the end of that, the AI brake heavily through turn 2,3 and the last, banked turn.

This seasonal is moderately easy, it's just irritating having to drive in suzuka with a 4 speed gearbox :(

The only problem I had with this was Suzuka and that was my own stupid fault as it's easy to run a little wide with these cars and the dirt is very unforgiving here. I managed to get into the lead on lap 4 and then to spin with 3 corners to go - and these babies don't like running on the dirt! 15 second lead gone in err.. seconds.

All done now though, and I have enjoyed how much you can four wheel drift these around. :D

I have a question, what kind of lap times are people getting on these nascar events. I have golded two so far, the first two but have not found it totally simple(I am not good). I was just wondering what lap times I should be striving for

i quite enjoyed this event, loved the way the Nascars handled and i especially loved the torque these babies push out - so much so that 4 gears was sufficient all the way through, even on Suzuka 👍

I was just wondering what lap times I should be striving for

For Suzuka 2:04 a lap will get u the gold. Current average 2:02. Easy to spin out for suzuka. Ended first try on gravel. 2nd's a charm. Did one more time out of curiosity. Rome slightly more challenging n fun. Can't remember my lap time but barely won by 3-4 sec. Good luck!

i quite enjoyed this event, loved the way the Nascars handled and i especially loved the torque these babies push out - so much so that 4 gears was sufficient all the way through, even on Suzuka 👍

Indeed. Not even sure I used 4th.

I was just wondering what lap times I should be striving for

On Suzuka, I was doing mostly around the 2:06 mark but my last lap was definitely a low 2:04 - I was chasing down the leader and didn't want to do another 7 laps:)

Yeah I really enjoyed this one and loved the prizes/exp. I just hope they keep a similar system of prize $ for future events. Completing this event was huge in helping me get some stability in my purchase/tuning power.

I was like 15 or 20 seconds up at the end of that, the AI brake heavily through turn 2,3 and the last, banked turn.

I was playing around with them on the previous laps, ramming them etc.

It is quite alarming how much quicker you are on the main straight at Indy. This is a definite 'get out of jail free' if you screw up a lap. :sly:

Thanks guys for your advice I managed to complete this event other day on Suzuka and got my suit. But I didnt take the lead til Lap 6. I dunno how people are getting the lead on lap 3 I think I've read?! :nervous:

I'd love to see a film clip of someone getting the lead really early like that.

sandboxgod
Thanks guys for your advice I managed to complete this event other day on Suzuka and got my suit. But I didnt take the lead til Lap 6. I dunno how people are getting the lead on lap 3 I think I've read?! :nervous:

I'd love to see a film clip of someone getting the lead really early like that.

Me to. I don't think it's that easy... Maybe I shouldn't be in a NASCAR.

I haven't raced the one that gets the suit yet, but I already got Camaro SS '69, Camaro SS '00 and Jeff Gordon's NASCAR (which is a shame since now I've got two of them) from the tickets.

These races aren't easy but at aren't difficult to beat if you're patient. I've only completed the Time Trial Mountain race and Suzuka race. I honestly have no intentions on completing the other races due to the fact that they aren't offering anything I don't already have.

These Nascar races were a joke...
I wont Trial Mt by over 30 seconds lapping like mid to low 20's
Indy Road I was turning 26's and 27's and again won by 15 plus seconds
Rome was the closest thing to hard, but only because I hate city courses and had a spin. Still won by 8 seconds
And Suzuka....28 seconds turning 2:00s

Back