NASCAR Thread.

• Thread starter WallRunner
  • 4,200 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
No there's another old guy that nobody knows his name. He's wrong every time he speaks.

Marty Reid?

Edit: Pole'd

His name is Marty Reid. Apparently he came from Indycar announcing.

And I don't know if you seen it, but he's no better in Indycar Announcing.

Nope, never really got into Indycar. It just seems every time I hear him say something he's messing up driver names/numbers, rules, or not actually knowing what's going on.

Hmmm, wonder if the Trucks could benefit from a Splitter and Spoiler change. I always thought the rule about having tape in that gap was silly.

That was amazing. This 2 car tango might have taken way the old style of racing, but the finishes are still awesome. In fact, we might just have them more often.

Nice to see that the audio cuts out during the interview!

ESPN always has perfect timing with their NASCAR coverage. Don't show cautions while commercial break is in progress and don't allow the winner to speak.

That was amazing. This 2 car tango might have taken way the old style of racing, but the finishes are still awesome. In fact, we might just have them more often.

Yes but sadly its a 500 mile race until the finish. The 2 car stuff on the last 2 laps like in dega would be great, but not for the whole race like happened in this 300.

The COT is great for safety. BUT, it's horrible in the sheet metal dept. NASCAR wanted a bland faceless no identity car. There is nothing stopping NASCAR from allowing teams to form sheet metal and adjust aerodynamics that will give better downforce and look like a factory car.

Jack Roush is a beneficiary of these clone cars. A few years ago Ford had a big disadvantage because the Tarsus was an aero blob.

SAFER Barriers, moving the driver closer to center slightly, and redesign of the roll cage and chassis structure is what has made NASCAR safer. NOT body cloning and this wretched clam shell every car has to fit into.

All of the "talking heads" need to STFU more often. This isn't radio where we need the picture painted for us. I want to enjoy the sounds of the race. Not over paid yappers enjoying their own voices.

I honestly can't understand why people are so up in arms about the 2 car packs.

Because the lead two packs had over a 10 second lead for half the race, so essentially all they show is those 4 cars. If the networks showed more of the big pack it wouldn't be as bad. Instead they are like "OMG LEAD CHANGE, OMG ANOTHER ONE, OMG THEY JUST TOOK THE LEAD BACK WHO LED AT THE LINE????!?!?!??!!!"

Again, why does it make any difference? What Cale said can't be the whole reason, because the NASCAR talking heads were already basically doing that last season.

Chevy's finally going to win at Daytona in trucks... until a Toyota passed the leading Chevy late. That was a great finish, but so was today's Nationwide finish. That junk was crazy! I saw that Danica finished 14th and one lap down.

With temperatures expected to be fairly warm for the Daytona 500, here is ANOTHER change (courtesy: Yahoo Sports): http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_ylt=ArlNyPDaJNm_VXzruwlvzfHov7YF?slug=ap-nascar-daytonachanges

Your thoughts?

Wow another change? Well honestly it DOES make sense. Given the neccesity of bump drafting opening the vents is a good idea but even then, the car still needs to breath and can push for a certain amount of time before having to pull out or switch with the lead car.

After seeing the truck and nationwide races, i think the Daytona 500 is going to be a pretty cool race to watch.

Now if only the cup series cars looked like the nationwide cars, that would be awesome. The Mustang's, Camry's, Impala's and Challenger's look like their civilian counterparts. Sam Hornish's car looked mean as hell, navy blue with the white stripes down the middle, wow..

Because the lead two packs had over a 10 second lead for half the race, so essentially all they show is those 4 cars. If the networks showed more of the big pack it wouldn't be as bad. Instead they are like "OMG LEAD CHANGE, OMG ANOTHER ONE, OMG THEY JUST TOOK THE LEAD BACK WHO LED AT THE LINE????!?!?!??!!!"

Having watched the entire Nationwide series season last year, weren't they essentially doing the exact same thing the entire season?

Now if only the cup series cars looked like the nationwide cars, that would be awesome. The Mustang's, Camry's, Camaro's and Challenger's look like their civilian counterparts. Sam Hornish's car looked mean as hell, navy blue with the white stripes down the middle, wow..

Fixed.

The Mustang's, Camry's, Impala's and Challenger's look like their civilian counterparts. Sam Hornish's car looked mean as hell, navy blue with the white stripes down the middle, wow..
Well, the Mustangs, Camrys and Challengers (especially the Challengers) look pretty cool. The Impala (which is already annoying for not being the Camaro) looked like it was hit with a shovel.

I feel like the Mustang needs work on the front end, its not horrible but it still doesn't seem correct. I also think road car relevence could really be increased if they added working tail lights an Headlights as well as working grilles.

I think the Mustang doesn't look right because they cropped off the top and bottom of the grill decal.

I still think they look better than the cup cars :)

You'd have to be drunken mad to think the Nationwide Impala looks better then the Cup Impala. I agree on the other cars though.

I think the Mustang doesn't look right because they cropped off the top and bottom of the grill decal.

Thats what the new model looks like. I just feel that the front is too rounded compared to the real one. The impalla is quite ugly but i havent seen one up close to compare.

The nationwide car is cut off more. I think it looks weird because it just looks like a sticker stuck on to a cup car-like nose.

2010_Nationwide_Mustang_low_angle_front_left.287163449_std.jpg

roush-mustang-nat.jpg

2011-Mustang.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back