nascarfan1400 Track Workshop -- Pocono Raceway!!

New Hampshire, which was 1.07miles before pd added phantom miles to the front stretch, biggest difference track wise from Milwalkee is New Hampshire is wider and does not have curbing in the inside line.

image.jpg

Long Pond Straight looks a little bit long which makes the short chute appear too short. The tunnel turn looks a touch too tight as well. Is there a way you can make the angle for turn 1 somewhat more acute? I wonder if it may throw off the perfect 2.5 miles you have right now though?

I don't know how difficult it is to make these tracks, so I don't mean to sound critical. :guilty:

Long Pond Straight looks a little bit long which makes the short chute appear too short. The tunnel turn looks a touch too tight as well. Is there a way you can make the angle for turn 1 somewhat more acute? I wonder if it may throw off the perfect 2.5 miles you have right now though?

I don't know how difficult it is to make these tracks, so I don't mean to sound critical. :guilty:
I've been playing around with it. I can try some more but I'm going to copy it because the picture above is the best I've gotten it so far.

New Hampshire, which was 1.07miles before pd added phantom miles to the front stretch, biggest difference track wise from Milwalkee is New Hampshire is wider and does not have curbing in the inside line.

View attachment 454732
Those phantom miles are the back half of the S/F line, just look on the counter when you start new track, it shows half the length of the straight, when you connect the circuit, it adds the other half. ;)

I was hoping for that too. Regardless of that, I'll be making a NASCAR Home Tracks series, so stuff like Bowman Grey, Langley, so on. Wish there was dirt regardless.. If anyone's interested though, Hopefully you can get them that small. Published any yet Nas?
As of now the shortest I've been able to get is about .9 miles, sadly. Hopefully they give us a karting theme so we can make the half and quarter miles.

Eifel Flat has a minimum front stretch of 300m... Don't shoot the messenger, courtesy of @SVX

View attachment 454166

Some tracks may require the starting line to be on the back stretch or have some liberties done to them. However, tracks like Darlington, Talladega, Nazareth, Milwaukee Mile, and New Hampshire can be made pretty accurately without any start line liberties.

That gives me an idea: Gateway and Iowa :D

Will be getting on those.

That gives me an idea: Gateway and Iowa :D

Will be getting on those.
I made a Gateway today. :D

It needs some work though... it is actually fairly easy to get that track to scale though.

Probably not the best to use those generic outlines as they are very rarely accurate enough to do much with

Probably not the best to use those generic outlines as they are very rarely accurate enough to do much with
I eyeballed it before I looked at it, that's what I got. I just pulled up the outline. If I wanted to really use it I would go on Google Earth.

Hello @nascarfan1400 !

Would you be interested in making Test Course found in Gran Turismo 1 and 2? I wonder how authentic can be made, with all the forest trees and highly banked corners.

I apologize for sending a request, but for now you seem to be the only Oval-licensed course creator. :)

Hello @nascarfan1400 !

Would you be interested in making Test Course found in Gran Turismo 1 and 2? I wonder how authentic can be made, with all the forest trees and highly banked corners.

I apologize for sending a request, but for now you seem to be the only Oval-licensed course creator. :)
I believe someone's already made it :)

Back