NBA: 2012-2013 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 1,503 comments
It's Patty's first time in the NBA Finals, so getting antsy is normal.

I mean even Giniboli was choking hard in game 2. He somehow needs to forget that he's not in his late 30s and the year is 2003.

Game 3 of the NBA Finals is tonight. And after the Miami Heat's exorcism of the San Antonio Spurs in Game 2, we are assured at least a Game 5 with the series tied 1-1. The next three games will be in San Antonio as part of the 2-3-2 schedule format. Both SA and MIA are tough to beat at their respective homes. One team will have an advantage by going up 2-1. Who'll get that advantage, though? We'll find out tonight!

Again- good luck to both San Antonio and Miami.

It's Patty's first time in the NBA Finals, so getting antsy is normal.

I mean even Giniboli was choking hard in game 2. He somehow needs to forget that he's not in his late 30s and the year is 2003.
You don't understand. My Patty-hating ways goes back to his rookie year. Just ask Paulie. :lol: I don't really hate him, but I have never been impressed with him either.

I cut anybody a slack when they are up against Miami. Plus, Manu's like fifty years old, what do you want!

:P

To be completely honest, I don't even want to watch the game tonight. It's hard to get up for this game after the convincing beatdown they took at the end of the 3rd quarter, on. They started out the game playing poorly, then just quit going into the final quarter.

I think I said 30 ~ 35% chance of San Antonio winning after their victory on Game 1. Spurs could win by 20 tonight, and I would say their chance of taking this series from the Heat is about 2%(another way of saying zero lol). I think both teams may have shown us their true colors in that final 14 minutes of that game. :indiff: unless that was pop's jedi mind trick.....

Dywane..... your knee getting sore yet? :dopey:

I hope you're watching this game a6 because you are witnessing Spurs history being made.

I did say that, if Spurs won by 20, I'd put their chance at 2%....... I guess if they win by a 30, I could up that to 10%. :lol:

For real though, you could blow anybody away if you are gonna shoot like that. This series is still Miami's to lose. Don't get me wrong, I like everybody on the Spurs team, and I am enjoying the display. :D

Edit: What is up with the Seven Nation Army chant? Is that something new in the NBA(I stopped attending about a year ago), or are San Antone fans mocking Miami?

P.S. Don't drunk post tonight, Omnis.

Last edited:
I like how Gary Neal and Danny Green scored more points combined then the entire Miami starting lineup :lol:

Can someone say blow out? :P

I did say that, if Spurs won by 20, I'd put their chance at 2%....... I guess if they win by a 30, I could up that to 10%. :lol:

For real though, you could blow anybody away if you are gonna shoot like that. This series is still Miami's to lose. Don't get me wrong, I like everybody on the Spurs team, and I am enjoying the display. :D

Edit: What is up with the Seven Nation Army chant? Is that something new in the NBA(I stopped attending about a year ago), or are San Antone fans mocking Miami?

Seven Nation Army is this year's chant for the Heat fans. San Antonio fans did it tonight to mock the Heat as they got blown out.

Life = complete

:lol: Do you think Mills is maybe a little annoyed he's stuck on the bench which lead him to post that video? Raptors should sign him, we need a reasonable 2 way back-up PG.

Mocking Miami. The Heat play seven nation army before every home game since half our fans are illegal aliens.

:lol: Do you think Mills is maybe a little annoyed he's stuck on the bench which lead him to post that video? Raptors should sign him, we need a reasonable 2 way back-up PG.

Hey man if I were Patty I'd gladly sit on the bench for a chance to compete and get a ring whilst doing nothing :lol:

*skips Patty youtube vid & Paulie/Stav babble*

:P
Seven Nation Army is this year's chant for the Heat fans. San Antonio fans did it tonight to mock the Heat as they got blown out.
That was my impression. Good on them!
since half our fans are illegal aliens.
I'm convinced this isn't at all the case in San Antonio.

Tonight is Game 4 of the NBA Finals, and the action takes place in San Antonio. The San Antonio Spurs lead 2-1 after Tuesday night's extinguishing of the Miami Heat. Tonight will tell whether Miami is REALLY in trouble or if the Heat can guarantee a Game 6 with a win in San Antonio tonight.

To San Antonio and Miami- good luck. Put on a great show and play hard.

[UPDATE] I forgot to mention that Tony Parker (SA) will start tonight, or at least try to go for tonight after he had an MRI on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Last edited:
I looked away for bit, and it's damn near tied. Last three trips or so, Miami is just hacking, bullying and pushing San Antonio players, and no calls. Watch closely, it's starting to look like the typical way NBA fixes games. Basically, rules goes flying out the window. Established position is gone, they will just push & shove you out of position. Players will be allowed to swing at the shooter in name of attempted block, or steal. I'll start watching now.

Edit: I see Parker & Duncan getting calls, just not Splitter. NBA where amazing depth in level of officiating happens. :lol:

P.S. Jame knocking down Neal, Shaq used to do that three times a night. It wasn't a foul then, why is it a foul when James does it?

Last edited:
Neal had position & James drove his shoulder into him. They say Neal may have flopped a little, but James' strength over Neal allowed him to sell it.

And I agree with you. Wade has been hacking the 🤬 out of Splitter on defense & on his offensive drives by driving his shoulder into him. But, Wade's amazing game is dwindling as it has done the past couple games; he runs out of steam.

Back to the calls & to be fair, looks like the Spurs have gotten away with some in the 2nd Qtr. But, you are right, Miami is doing what they did to Indiana & just bullying with over-aggressive defense. However, unlike Indiana's PG, Parker is a GOAT player & is a master at the art of driving to the line for the clutch layup. I just think they need to get Duncan more involved, Manu needs to calm down & they need to find an occasional chance to get Neal & Green back to the dagger 3 pointers.

The other story for the night: da ostrich BOSH with the flop of the game. :lol:
boshflop2.gif

And then he went for a dunk on a buzzer-beater. Oh lawd. :lol:

P.S. Diaw putting in some work! Guy put on some weight, but still a threat to Miami.

Wade & Bosh can start a dance team! On the James foul on Neal, that was clearly a foul, and it was the right call. I was just taking another shot at the NBA, because Shaq did that night in/night out, and only thing it led to was Shaq's absolutely horrid free throw shooting. That guy should have fouled out every night.

I'm also wondering why San Antonio got away from using their shooters. :odd: I hope they make good adjustments. This is the key game of the series.

Edit: Interesting. Hammer Danny Green, no call. Come close to touching Wade, free throws.

P.S. :lol: That was a clean block on Duncan!

Last edited:
a6m5, you need to call your man, Manu. Good god, is he being completely useless out there taking the worst shots with defense on him. :ouch:

In the beginning...... I said that San Antonio won't win, because Timmy & Manu's too old. One has slapped me across the face & started playing as good as ever. Manu........ not so much. :(

I think this is it, Mac. I really think this was the key game. Whoever win this will likely take the series. It erases the San Antonio home court advantage, too. :ouch:

P.S. Miami has played will in the second half. San Antonio has had plenty of chances to turn this around.

I was rofl at the buzzer beater dunk. They let you drive the basket because THE CLOCK RAN OUT!

Gotta give it to Miami. They played well, and San Antonio....... they really got away from what was working, and started to really attack the interior. I don't get it.

This is San Antonio's whole game:

Tony Parker has the ball.
Can he drive the lane?
Yes → Drive lane, shoot layup or dump off to big.​
No → Call up screen, run pick-n-roll.​
Does the defense rotate to pick up the big?
Yes → Kick out to shooter on the arc.​
No → Bounce pass to big.​
Are shooter and big both covered?
Yes → You're Tony Parker-- you got this.​
No → Pick the shooter-- the Heat can block but they can't rebound.​

That's the San Antonio's game when Parker has the ball. It's one thing to understand the offense. It's in execution most offense fail. Either idiot players fail to execute(lazy, too stupid, etc.), or the they are overmatched by the defense.

Just like anything else, lot of talks, but very few who actually walk the walk.

Game 5 of the NBA Finals is tonight, and the series is sure to return to Miami as a result of Miami evening up the series. San Antonio has to hope to win tonight to put the pressure on Miami to take the championship in Miami. Miami will have to win in San Antonio just to hype up the crowd for when Game 6 comes around.

Pivotal game tonight. Best of luck to both teams.

Back