NBA: 2012-2013 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 1,503 comments
I thought Lebron moving the ball was coaching decision, but you very well could be right, Mac. I forgot all about Wade moaning after Game 6 against Pacers or whatever. I wish Bosh will keep thinking that he's Riggie Miller, but I kind of doubt we'll see a repeat. :P

Again, Timmy & young guys surprised me tonight. I counted on Leonard & Danny, but Neal was as money as ever, and Tiago played beautifully around the post. I just hope they hang onto the home court advantage they just took away from Miami, but it's gonna be HARD.
It seemed pretty apparent once LeBron had his double-double in points & rebounds & only needed 3 assists to hit a triple-double. After that, he started dishing out passes left & right.

Don't get me wrong, that's good that he was trying to get his teammates involved, but he chose some really bad moments. A couple passes, he had an easy jump shot available or the option to drive, or in others, he passed to teammates where the Spurs were able to make a quick defensive match up.

Wade started on strong, but I don't know where he went at the end of the game.

Mac: I agree. Had he attacked the basket more often, I think that would have put San Antonio defense in trouble. More fouls, and more Miami players they'd have to leave open, or give more rooms. On Wade, I think either by design or by the side effect of San Antonio offense, he's having to run all over the court chasing San Antonio ball. I wish to see him slow down more, especially late in games.

Stav: No. Just no.

Sorry. :lol: I saw Patty play just once this year I think & he did look good. Still not a huge fan. :P

Mac: I agree. Had he attacked the basket more often, I think that would have put San Antonio defense in trouble. More fouls, and more Miami players they'd have to leave open, or give more rooms. On Wade, I think either by design or by the side effect of San Antonio offense, he's having to run all over the court chasing San Antonio ball. I wish to see him slow down more, especially late in games.

Stav: No. Just no.

Sorry. :lol: I saw Patty play just once this year I think & he did look good. Still not a huge fan. :P

He will get into the rhythm of it, I'm surprised that Pop didn't play Blair too much (or if he played at all)

Lebron should keep attacking the rim and hope for sympathy from refs. You can't keep shooting hot this late in the postseason. Most of your points will have to come within 10 ft of the hoop. Bosh SHOULD NOT be anywhere near the three point line while the other team is getting key offensive rebounds. Leave the threes to everyone else and make Bosh play fundamental power forward. They have freaking Ray Allen shooting it for them, no need for a velociraptor to shoot them.

God its these reasons that I wished the Bulls were completely healthy to expose the Heat.:D

One of the guys at work thought it was quick feet of Danny Green keeping Lebron from getting to the basket. Big guys are often scared of posting up against quicker & much smaller defender, so it very well could have contributed to somewhat passive Lebron in the second half.

I thought it was Leonard that guarded James throughout the game?
I think pretty much in the first half. I noticed Green a lot in the second half. I can't remember if Lebron was his man, or he ended up with him in switches.

Well, if I remember right, Leonard & Green are about the same build & height. I know they both can play at the Guard or Forward as well, so I guess it doesn't matter which one guards James as long as they can do it efficiently.
This article gives a lot of the credit to Leonard at being just the right size & wing span to guard James and at 21 years old.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...n-antonio-spurs-vs-miami-heat-finals/2402135/

Last edited:
That is a great flippin' story, thank you for posting it. 👍
USA Today
He's 6-7 with a 7-3 wingspan and the largest hands ever measured at the NBA draft scouting combine at 9.8 inches long and 11.3 inches wide.
Only people who enjoy playing basketball would truly understand what kind of tools this kid is armed with. Combine them with the cool & calm demeanor of his, he'd be a pain in the ass to be matched up against for sure. Of course, we are talking about Lebron James here & he will figure things out sooner rather than later.

Game 2 of the NBA Finals is tonight in Miami. San Antonio leads the series 1-0. I read that LeBron James recorded a triple-double in three successive NBA Finals. That's pretty impressive. Even if you don't like LBJ, at least respect him for being such a force on the court. The Heat could be in deep trouble if they drop another one to the boys in black and silver tonight in Miami.

Again- good luck to both teams and put on a great show.

Thought this was pretty cool.
ie2XlvbSSvYd4.gif

So wish we had young Manu tonight. :lol: I think I still have his autographed card from back then.

Boy, nothing short of A "plus" game is going to cut it tonight. I expect Miami to make key adjustments, offensively. Defensively, keep what you've been doing, and hopefully force them into making mistakes & taking tougher shots. Miami defense wasn't bad, but when San Antonio offense's clicking, not much you can do.

Pop defends LeBron's all around game.
He's a grown man. He doesn't need any of you to tell him anything.
He knows more than all of you put together. He understands the game. If he makes a pass and you all think he should have shot it, or he shoots it and you think he should have made a pass, your opinions mean nothing to him, as they should not mean anything to him.
He's a great player, and his decisions are what they are to gain. All decisions don't always work out. They didn't always work out for Michael or Tim Duncan or Shaq or Kobe Bryant or whoever. You make a decision and that's what you go with.
All the chirp, chirp, chirping about what he should have done, I thought it was hilarious from the beginning. Frankly, I was very happy for him as the year progressed when it became obvious he was comfortable in his own skin and didn't need to listen to any of you all.
Well, not exactly what I would call defend in the literal sense as he's basically just saying, "He's a basketball player, you're not, shut your mouth". But, since this is coming from Pop himself, it's hard to argue against arrogant attitude of his words b/c he's ultimately right in the end.

Thought this was pretty cool.
ie2XlvbSSvYd4.gif

Manu had hair once?:eek: Duncan had a mini 'fro?:eek:

Well, not exactly what I would call defend in the literal sense as he's basically just saying, "He's a basketball player, you're not, shut your mouth". But, since this is coming from Pop himself, it's hard to argue against arrogant attitude of his words b/c he's ultimately right in the end.

:lol: That's gold, the opposing coach telling reporters they're all a bunch of noobs.:lol:

Manu had hair once?:eek:
Aww... come on.

He was my favorite player back then.

It is like arguing against your dad. :lol: I do disagree with him in that Lebron should have attacked the basket more, but I do understand that what we, or media say doesn't mean jack crap to them.

Manu had hair once?:eek: Duncan had a mini 'fro?:eek:
The one time in Duncan's career where a lot of people thought Duncan was embracing his inner "blackness". :P

Love seeing how he still retains his ritual in that gif. Such a small, but interesting detail in the league to see what some players do with the ball when the clock's stopped.

Boy, neither teams looked very good, but San Antonio lost composure, just about completely.

Meh it's the spurs. Pops will get them whipped up for the next game. Spurs gotta protect that three game home stand.
I hope you are right, but I'm still a skeptic. What was puzzling to me tonight was how San Antonio kept chasing plays that weren't there. :odd: Odds were that Miami were gonna win big tonight, but I didn't see it coming with game pretty much tied up near the end of the third!
Ahh that block LeBron had on Splitter was naaasssstttyyyy hahaha
That was a dumb attempt, too. I thought it was a frustration play, but you have to know that there is no way that ball was going in with Lebron just letting you set yourself up on a plate like that. Idiotic.

You know you're a baller when you get a big blue pad on your chair.

How about a little debate? I've been hearing of people talking about the 2-3-2 NBA Finals format. Some are hateful of the 2-3-2 format. Jeff Van Gundy mentioned that he hopes this year will be the end of the 2-3-2 schedule format. The next three games in the NBA Finals will be in San Antonio with the series tied 1-1.

I do tend to think the 2-3-2 format is not good. I would be better with the format used like with the other traditional playoff games. You know: 2 home, 2 away, and then the alternating home-away-home deal to end the seven-game series. How do you feel about the 2-3-2 scheduling format of the NBA Finals?

How about a little debate? I've been hearing of people talking about the 2-3-2 NBA Finals format. Some are hateful of the 2-3-2 format. Jeff Van Gundy mentioned that he hopes this year will be the end of the 2-3-2 schedule format. The next three games in the NBA Finals will be in San Antonio with the series tied 1-1.

I do tend to think the 2-3-2 format is not good. I would be better with the format used like with the other traditional playoff games. You know: 2 home, 2 away, and then the alternating home-away-home deal to end the seven-game series. How do you feel about the 2-3-2 scheduling format of the NBA Finals?

I think that 3 stretch in the middle is just too much. If one team loses 1 at home at the beginning, they could be wiped out easily before they get a chance to come back.

I'd hate to have the home court advantage in a 2-3-2 format.

P.S. Patty still sucks.

:P

Edit: I forgot to post the greatest highlight from yesterday's game.

Sorry, audio's little off, but if you missed it, it's priceless.

Last edited:
Back