• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 1,927 comments

JohnBM01

20 years!
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
We have many months to speculate on a new season of NBA Basketball. The upcoming 2013-2014 season will mark the 68th season of basketball from the National Basketball Association. I have created this thread per the request of GTPlanet's Omnis. This is the thread to discuss all the offseason activity prior to the next NBA season starting October 4, 2013 with Preseason action; and October 29 with the regular season.

Everything from discussing your favorite team(s) to NBA Draft action all comprise the offseason chatter to get ready for the next season of NBA basketball. A lot of things can happen leading up to when the new season eventually tips off. So let's get started!

Last edited:
I hope the Bulls can pick up a good shooting 2 guard.

Korver could have been a huge addition with his consistency from the 3.

A good backup Center would also be in the works I hope, to give Noah some breaks.

If you like your NBA basketball outside of America and Canada, it's been reported that Mexico City and London will host regular season games. December 4 will see the San Antonio Spurs vs. Minnesota Timberwolves in Mexico City, Mexico. January 16 (a day after my birthday) will see the Brooklyn Nets vs. the Atlanta Hawks in London, England.

I remember a couple years back the Raptors played the Nets in London and it went to triple overtime before a sell-out crowd.
I'm looking forward to Friday, currently the Raptors have no picks in the draft, but they are trying to trade in to one by the sounds of it. If they could trade Linas Kleiza for a late 1st round or 2nd round pick I'd be pretty happy, if they could trade Bargnani for a 1st round pick I have to admit I'd be skeptical but it'd free up a huge amount of cap space, however I doubt that's a possibility. Realistically they could probably get a better player via trade for Bargnani than what this draft is offering beyond the top few prospects.

Rumor I read yesterday is that LaMarcus Aldridge wants out, and wants to get traded to Chicago. It's just a rumor, and I hope it doesn't happen, but you never know. I didn't think there was any tradable asset Chicago had that may be desirable to Portland, but I guess they have some pick from Charlotte in the future draft or something. L-Train's so good, I hope he's still a Blazer in October.

Isn't tonight the NBA Draft? We'll have to see who goes where and who can help out whatever teams players get drafted to.

Well, looks like the paint in New Orleans is henceforth closed.

Portland backcourt looking good now

I don't know nothing about college ball, but do we now have two point guards? :crazy: His 3-pointer percentage is all over. Great first year, below average second & third year, 51%(I think) senior year. :dopey:

Pelicans trade looks bit crazy, unless the future draft pick they are sending to Sixers is a second round pick.

Pelicans trade looks bit crazy, unless the future draft pick they are sending to Sixers is a second round pick.

Pretty damn good for the Pelicans if you ask me, a (hopefully healthy) Eric Gordon and Jrue Holiday backcourt? :D

Pretty damn good for the Pelicans if you ask me, a (hopefully healthy) Eric Gordon and Jrue Holiday backcourt? :D
I guess everybody's afraid of Greg Oden, huh? One line I read said that Noel is a long, defensive stopper. Another said fragile. :crazy:

Edit: I didn't realize Holiday averaged 8 assists, last season. Remarkable.

Edit2: I read about this earlier, but now it's:

CBS Sports
Ken Berger confirms the Celtics agree in principle to ship Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce to the Nets.

Last edited:
Aww, spoke too soon. Nerlens to Philly? Scoops Haagen-Dazs!

Celtics should pick up a UConn player. They could benefit from one. And a coach that is not in the D-League would help, too.

They could benefit if they picked up a player off the street. That trade literally makes no sense for Boston as they potentially got absolutely nothing (well, Evans will be serviceable).

LOVE the trade for the Celtics. Get two unprotected picks for the Nets who could be garbage both years very easily. I haven't been this excited for a Celtics team since 2007. Rondo/Bradley/Green/Sullinger/Olynyk are gonna lose a lot of games and I can't wait. I will miss you, Paul Pierce. Glad you get to be re-united with Joe Johnson. That team is gonna be superfun to watch. Deron/JJ/Pierce/Garnett/Lopez with Jason Kidd coaching? Damn, Jay-Z got out too soon.

2013-14: Lose as many games as possible and hope for Wiggins in the draft.
2014-15: Get Wiggins and acquire complementary pieces. Make run in playoffs.
2015-16: NBA Champs. Super easy.

Danny Ainge is brilliant and I would easily father his children if he weren't a Mormon.

I can't believe Philly gave up Holliday, and the Nets Celtics deal was surely a blockbuster. As someone said, there are obviously a few teams trying to tank hard this season to get a high pick in next year's promising draft.

AFC East teams are putting teams together not to win games but to beat the Heat.

Yeah, the Celtics moves was a hardcore salary dump. Rivers, Garnett + Pierce. Did they end up throwing in Terry in that deal, too? Either way, intention's clear.

I do disagree with the Danny Ainge comment though. I think he either got lucky, or this move he wanted to make took too long to happen(like a year or two too long). I'm not sure what Nets are trying to accomplish. They probably will make a move or two, but currently, it looks like a bomb waiting to go off. So many senior citizens with large egos on that team, but still just one ball & same amount of playing time.

Nets kept Evans and dealt Brooks who they were looking to move repeatedly before. Even happier with the deal because Evans could be emerging as well.

No way! They finally traded him? I need to go check the NBA news, and see what else I missed. :lol:

No way! They finally traded him? I need to go check the NBA news, and see what else I missed. :lol:

Brooks went to Boston instead of Shengelia and Evans. He just never fit in Brooklyn's plans.

They've shopped him forever, but look at this:
CBS
The reported deal between the Boston Celtics and Brooklyn Nets that would send Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce from the Celtics to the Nets has been agreed to by both teams and Kevin Garnett, according to CBSSports.com's Ken Berger. The trade is believed to be Garnett, Pierce, and Jason Terry to the Nets in exchange for Gerald Wallace, Kris Humphries, Reggie Evans, sign-and-trade Keith Bogans, and three first round picks.

The deal cannot officially be finalized until July 10 when the free agency moratorium is over. link

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Edit: Wallace just signed a new contract, too. Old guy with big contract is not a good move.

They've shopped him forever, but look at this:

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Edit: Wallace just signed a new contract, too. Old guy with big contract is not a good move.

That was reported yesterday. They replaced Evans in the deal this morning.

The 3 first round picks are for 2014, 2016 and 2018.

Back