NBA: 2013-2014 Season - DONE Spurs Win

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 1,927 comments
I can't help but feel that any team who makes the playoffs this year but don't have a legit chance at the championship is going to be sorry they didn't have a lottery pick in next year's draft. Unfortunately the Raptors will be one of those teams I think :nervous:, especially given how much worse the 76'ers and Celtics just got, and how the Bucks are likely facing a rebuild too, the Raptors should easily move somewhere in to the 5th-8th region in the East, then all those future superstars will pass them by in the draft.
I also just read on Bleacher Report Australia is likely to have a lottery prospect combo guard in next year's draft (Dante Exum)- go us! Soon I'll be able to build a primarily Aussie team on NBA 2K.:lol:

Edit: It's also been pointed out that with Bennet being Canadian, Canada is likely to have their first ever back to back No.1 picks in the NBA draft with Wiggins next year.

I'm going to laugh hard if the pick we traded to the 76ers with Noel is within the top 5, oh man 76ers fans would be pissed :lol: But then that would mean my team would have to tank hard :(

Interesting to see what Demps does with the guards down in New Orleans, I feel a trade occuring seeing Vasquez or Gordon for a SF.

It's funny that the 76'ers have given up on the always injured Bynum and traded their best player for another fragile centre who'll probably not even amount to much more than a shot blocker.

I despise Ainge, so it's easy for me to say, but I think Celtics are crazy.

CBS
Reports: Mavericks, Celtics have talked Rajon Rondo trade

One problem: ESPN reports the Celtics' asking price is Dirk Nowitzki.
link

Not gonna happen, obviously, but they've been shopping Rondo forever now. I think the Celtics needs to show little faith in him.

Who is that dude fighting Durant? Is that Laymand Failton?

Edit: Nice free agent top-10 listing(by the position).

Last edited:
Sorry Boston, you're not getting our old man because you traded your old man to the Nets. Dirk will be a "I started here, I will retire here" player for Dallas. You got Terry & if I read correctly, just traded him to the Nets as well.

It was most likely a hail mary, but what's disturbing is how many trade rumors Rondo's name's been attached to in last couple of years. They really don't like him.

Isn't Rondo the one that wanted to fight Doc? Or was that Pierce?
Rondo I think. Also, why would you just dump half of your team of old guys and then trade away another young player for an old guy?

NBA Free Agency begins Monday or so. Dwight Howard will reportedly meet with the Rockets on Monday. One thing about Houston teams is that we say we draft for character; not characters. Drafting D12 would be drafting a character. I fear if he does join the Rockets, I hope he doesn't end up being a walking foul (like when we had Joey Dorsey) or the NBA equivalent of Terrell Owens. He's going to have to be set straight and kept in line. Despite this, D12 is still a solid player. The one thing I will understand about D12 is him and his sort of not wanting to be overshadowed or overshadow Hakeem Olajuwon. If Dwight Howard ends up having a ballin' time here in Houston, he can only continue a legacy here rather than hurt it.

I also wonder if the Rockets may have to rearrange the team and the offense to better suit the inclusion of Dwight Howard if he joins the Rockets. Will we have to give up a few Rockets perhaps? We have money to spend, so it isn't like the Rockets will have only so much to get certain amounts of talent or fear having to go over quota.

I will say if Dwight can keep his mind in the game, him & Harden (who needs to develop some new ways to score that don't involve driving to the paint; that doesn't click with a center who would be a scorer), the Rockets could be a very dominating team.

How good is Eric Bledsoe really? Reports from ESPN state Toronto is trying to trade Bargnani and DeRozan for him. Andrea sure, but if they get rid of DeMar I'll be really annoyed if the return is Bledsoe.

How good is Eric Bledsoe really? Reports from ESPN state Toronto is trying to trade Bargnani and DeRozan for him. Andrea sure, but if they get rid of DeMar I'll be really annoyed if the return is Bledsoe.

That would be an uber small lineup too with a Lowry/Bledsoe combo.

That would be an uber small lineup too with a Lowry/Bledsoe combo.

I think the idea would be to replace Lowry, which is just nuts to me. It's a deal I really don't like, unless Bledsoe was a top 5 point guard in the league, and at 8ppg in around 20mins you'll have a hard time convincing me.
I see the Oden/Heat talks are resuming, apparently Greg spent 2 days with the Heat recently, probably working out for them to assess his current skill level.

I think the idea would be to replace Lowry, which is just nuts to me. It's a deal I really don't like, unless Bledsoe was a top 5 point guard in the league, and at 8ppg in around 20mins you'll have a hard time convincing me.
I see the Oden/Heat talks are resuming, apparently Greg spent 2 days with the Heat recently, probably working out for them to assess his current skill level.

Yeah to be honest I'd like to see how Bledsoe would perform with more minutes before I'd ship away Lowry.

I can't see Oden competing in the NBA for much longer with them glass knees.

Oden is only 25 though. Like I said back when the Blazers cut him, Miami would be smart to sign him. He'd be on the bench most of the time anyway. We have a crack medical staff down here and tons of resources. Portland has pot brownies.

Oden is only 25 though. Like I said back when the Blazers cut him, Miami would be smart to sign him. He'd be on the bench most of the time anyway. We have a crack medical staff down here and tons of resources. Portland has pot brownies.

Oden also has a history of bad bones and injuries, and barely a season of play under his built. I doubt the Miami medical staff can cure his problems. Seriously, I honestly think he has some bone deficiency issue or something.

Guy turned out to be a scrub in the professional game unfortunately.

Portland has pot brownies.
We have that? I think they finally fired their trainer at the end of the season.

Oden was so quick & strong....... do they make a wheelchair like that in Miami?

P.S. You Toronto fans: If Bargnani has big contract, the trade may not be about the return, but what Toronto is getting rid of. Plus, Bledsoe's a coveted back-up point guard, so he doesn't necessarily start, and even if someone needed to go, either point guard should be easy to move.

Aaron Brooks and Carlos Delfino are now both ex-Rockets. We waived these two guys perhaps to better the chances of getting Dwight Howard. I loved Delfino for his three-point shooting.

So, uh... need new players for your team(s)? Aaron Brooks and Carlos Delfino are on the market!

Brooks once had a bright future. Big ego & bolting to China pretty much did him in. He's gonna need an awesome season or two to revive his career.

P.S. You Toronto fans: If Bargnani has big contract, the trade may not be about the return, but what Toronto is getting rid of. Plus, Bledsoe's a coveted back-up point guard, so he doesn't necessarily start, and even if someone needed to go, either point guard should be easy to move.

Yeah, but getting rid of DeRozan for the sake of getting rid of Bargnani is crazy. On the other hand, it would appear Toronto and New York are finalising a deal now that will send Bargs to the Knicks in exchange for Camby, Novak and 3 future draft picks. That deal I can handle, it frees up money and rids us of Mr Bargnani, perhaps the least caring bloke in the NBA about anything that resembles a W column.

Yeah, but getting rid of DeRozan for the sake of getting rid of Bargnani is crazy. On the other hand, it would appear Toronto and New York are finalising a deal now that will send Bargs to the Knicks in exchange for Camby, Novak and 3 future draft picks. That deal I can handle, it frees up money and rids us of Mr Bargnani, perhaps the least caring bloke in the NBA about anything that resembles a W column.

That's a win for Toronto. Knicks are just trying to copy that they are doing something like what the Nets did but the trade doesn't make much sense for them.

Brooks once had a bright future. Big ego & bolting to China pretty much did him in. He's gonna need an awesome season or two to revive his career.

At this point in his career, Brooks should be looking to be a good off the bench guy. He could be valuable in that role.

Pistons talking to Josh Smith, not sure what to think of that :lol:

He shouldn't be asking for a max contract.

Josh Smith does not deserve a max contract. Smith is a nice player, especially when he plays to the strength of his game on offense. However, it only takes one GM to overpay and Smith is a good enough player that he is likely to be overpaid.

That's a win for Toronto. Knicks are just trying to copy that they are doing something like what the Nets did but the trade doesn't make much sense for them.

Definitely good for Toronto to get that crap contract off the books.

I have a feeling The Clippers may have hurt their chances of landing future star caliber free agents by giving Chris Paul his fat pay day.

Whoever gets Dwight Howard (Probably the Rockets) is screwed. The guy just isn't good. He's way way way too overpowered. I would be surprised if he does good in Houston.

Whoever gets Dwight Howard (Probably the Rockets) is screwed. The guy just isn't good. He's way way way too overpowered. I would be surprised if he does good in Houston.
I think Dwight Howard makes a run at MVP if he goes to the Rockets. 👍

So leading a team to the NBA finals means you aren't good. Okay, glad to know. Guess that makes Durant "not good".

Latest Posts

Back