NBA: 2013-2014 Season - DONE Spurs Win

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 1,927 comments
Whoever gets Dwight Howard (Probably the Rockets) is screwed. The guy just isn't good. He's way way way too overpowered. I would be surprised if he does good in Houston.

Howard is one of the best centers in the NBA. Any team would be happy to have him. At least for his defense if not anything else.

Did you forget the guy did have back surgery?

Takes more than a couple months for that to heal & then get your game back 100% with it....

I know that. But before that, he was still not as good. He should have stayed with the Orlando Magic.

Howard is one of the best centers in the NBA. Any team would be happy to have him. At least for his defense if not anything else.

*was

I know that. But before that, he was still not as good. He should have stayed with the Orlando Magic.

*was
What? So the Magic would have done better with Howard than the Lakers did? Even after that surgery? What planet do you live on?

I'm sorry, have you even watched Howard before this year?

This past season alone, arguably one of his worst since his 1st or 2nd season, he was still #1 in RPG, 2nd in FG%, 5th in BPG, 4th in Blocks total, & 2nd in Double-Doubles.

He's just below what he was averaging with Orlando, but again, the guy had surgery before the season. Couple that with constant team miscommunications (which all the Lakers had) & of course, he had a bad season.

Guy isn't even in his prime yet. New team & a year since the surgery should be enough for Howard to come back to what he was. Guy is still Top 3 Defensive big man.

Did you forget the guy did have back surgery?

Takes more than a couple months for that to heal & then get your game back 100% with it....

Yeah but that's easy to do as long as you're constantly berated by fans and called out for lack of heart and commitment by the media.

Sarcasm

If Howard gets some sort of stroke/form from the charity stripe then I'd consider him, in the meantime I'd go for Pekovic or Al Jefferson.

Could we stop talking about how great Howard is? If you've seen just one of the great centers play before, you'd know Howard is the best center in the league today, because: a) Centers today sucks ass. b) Tim Duncan is a center, but they call him a power forward(lies).

:P

Kidding aside, what Mac said about him coming off surgery. Yes, Howard is overrated. Yes, his baksetball I.Q. is little below where we'd like for the best center in the league, but it's totally unfair to judge a guy post injury, then surgery. Most, myself included, believes that he can be a force once again.

------------------------------------------------

Lots of rumors on the radio today. I hope Blazers make some noise, but I'm not holding my breath.

Apparently the Pelicans have made an offer to Tyreke Evans. Don't know how he would fit in, especially after the trade for Holiday. Maybe they see him as more of SF? Much rather have Iggy there, but whatever. :lol:

Apparently the Pelicans have made an offer to Tyreke Evans. Don't know how he would fit in, especially after the trade for Holiday. Maybe they see him as more of SF? Much rather have Iggy there, but whatever. :lol:
Was it like for .35 cents a game? Supposedly, he's a serious headcase. If they get him, I expect the Pelicans(they are in NHL, right?) to trade that shooting guard from the Clips whose name escapes me...... he also had a bad knee?

If they get him, I expect the Pelicans(they are in NHL, right?) to trade that shooting guard from the Clips whose name escapes me...... he also had a bad knee?

:lol:

Gordon's going to be a pain to trade away though. Not only does he have questions about his health, but they have to find someone who's willing to take on his big contract.

Was it like for .35 cents a game? Supposedly, he's a serious headcase. If they get him, I expect the Pelicans(they are in NHL, right?) to trade that shooting guard from the Clips whose name escapes me...... he also had a bad knee?

NHL? No, no, no. Ex New Orleans Hornets.

Gordon's going to be a pain to trade away though. Not only does he have questions about his health, but they have to find someone who's willing to take on his big contract.
Eric Gordon, that was his name. If his knee would hold up, demand was fairly high for him, just couple of seasons ago. Last season, I think Phoenix came close to signing him, or maybe they signed him to a offer sheet as a Restricted FA. Then again, I didn't even see how many games he actually played, last year. I guess if it's really bad, they can sit him, and play the locker room cancer.
NHL? No, no, no. Ex New Orleans Hornets.
Come on. :P

I'm so used to Utah Jazz, but it is pretty absurd....... On the other hand, what would we call the Lakers? :crazy:

Edit: Aaaand, it's answered. Actually, I quite like the Kings. Now, Sacramento Kings, that one is as ridiculous as the Utah Jazz, amirite? :lol:

I'm so used to Utah Jazz, but it is pretty absurd....... On the other hand, what would we call the Lakers? :crazy:

Edit: Aaaand, it's answered. Actually, I quite like the Kings. Now, Sacramento Kings, that one is as ridiculous as the Utah Jazz, amirite? :lol:

Los Angeles Smog :lol:.

I mean, it's silly to get worked up over it, especially since there are no lions in Detroit, giants anywhere, and the White Sox wear black socks. But still, ya know?

I mean, it's silly to get worked up over it, especially since there are no lions in Detroit, giants anywhere, and the White Sox wear black socks. But still, ya know?

Name 10 lakes in Los Angeles :lol:.

Lot of FA & trade speculations & gtplanet NBA thread's bring back the old, tired franchise naming topic again. Go us! :lol:

Ditto, I think Gordon will be shipped if we can manage to get both Evans and Iggy.

At work today, talk amongst the Blazer fans was about Thomas Robinson who was just traded from Houston to Portland. I ask who this was, they tell me he was a big time player in Kansas, and how he was a #5 pick. I ask why I've never heard of him, and they told me that he had poor rookie year campaign & had been traded once already, originally from Sacramento(?). Still, he' was just a rookie this year.

I read that Houston is feeling pretty confident about Howard, and this is a cap maneuver, as all they are getting from Portland in return are couple of second round picks & couple of prospects overseas. I like it. I hope he gets a solid second(year), third(team) chance in P-Town.

Agreed. There was a story last week that suggested how to rework NBA team names.

Here:*SNIP*

Tell you what, I like the "Toronto Timberwolves", really has a nice ring to it.

Lot of FA & trade speculations & gtplanet NBA thread's bring back the old, tired franchise naming topic again. Go us! :lol:

Evans is no longer needed on the Kings after they drafted a shooting guard (forget who it was- Edit 3: It was Ben McLemore) in this year's draft. I didn't know he was illegedly a headcase though, I thought that was Demarcus Cousins. Wait, how many Kings players are headcases?:lol:

At work today, talk amongst the Blazer fans was about Thomas Robinson who was just traded from Houston to Portland. I ask who this was, they tell me he was a big time player in Kansas, and how he was a #5 pick. I ask why I've never heard of him, and they told me that he had poor rookie year campaign & had been traded once already, originally from Sacramento(?). Still, he' was just a rookie this year.

I read that Houston is feeling pretty confident about Howard, and this is a cap maneuver, as all they are getting from Portland in return are couple of second round picks & couple of prospects overseas. I like it. I hope he gets a solid second(year), third(team) chance in P-Town.

Yeah it sounds like a solid deal, I guess he'll only be a bench player though- but I'd like to see how well he could do in a productive environment.

BTW, did ya'll know Greg Oden's left leg is an inch shorter than his right which puts constant uneven pressure on his joints? Poor bloke, he'll probably never able to remain healthy.

Edit: Andray Blatche is reportedly re-signing with the Nets, now they have Blatche and Terry off the bench. Is it true they have an $82million starting line-up? That's more money in the starting line-up than most teams spend for their entire roster!:eek: Luxury tax ahoi!

Edit 2: If I was an NBA star I wouldn't be so greedy, I'd be like "Pay me $5million/year, none of this $20million max deal crap, and build a better team around me with the money saved."

Last edited:
I don't know about $5 million, but I'd definitely take less money to win. Losing would cause so much all-around stress.

Andrew Bynum... you remember Andrew Bynum, right? Tall guy, bad knees, likes to bowl? Anyway, Bynum is a free agent, and while the Sixers are pretty much trying to forget they ever traded for him in the first place, the big guy's going to get offers. But if you want a piece of the highly touted center who hasn't played in over a year? You're not going to get to see the goods first. From Yahoo Sports:

Bynum's agent, David Lee, said Bynum will begin training in July in Atlanta in preparation for next season after completing his rehabilitation from knee surgery. The knee injury caused Bynum to miss the entire 2012-13 season with the Sixers. Lee said there are a "half dozen teams" interested in Bynum and they will be given MRI and other needed medical reports. Bynum, however, will not work out for teams....

via NBA: Brooklyn Nets at Philadelphia 76ers | Top 10 2013 NBA free agents - Yahoo! Sports.

The Mavericks, Cavaliers and Trail Blazers are reportedly among the teams interested in Bynum. (Yes, that's right, the Portland Trail Blazers have interest in a 7-foot center with a knee issue. No, they don't learn. Why do you ask?)

Bynum's a risk any way you put it. Not only has he had seemingly 50 knee surgeries in the past five years, but he managed to re-injure himself last year bowling. Dude cannot stay away from having fun, no matter what might happen. Combine that with a long-established track record of on-court immaturity, and you have to wonder what his market value is.

Oh, wait. That's right. It's NBA GMs we're talking about here. So he'll probably get a monster offer from somewhere. link *clicking on the link is strongly suggested. million dollar pic of Bynum in there. lol
I 🤬 knew it. Portland's desperate, they would be interested in a headcase center with on-court/off-court problems and only set of knees that's almost as bad as Brandon Roy & Greg Oden's. If this happen, expect me to be a Pelican fan next season. :dopey:

Edit:

Eric Bledsoe heading to Suns in four-player, three-team deal
Ken Berger of CBSSports.com confirms the Clippers will acquire Redick in a sign-and-trade and Jared Dudley. The Suns will get Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler, while the Bucks will receive two second-round picks.
Clippers weren't very good last year, but with them adding one of the top coaches in the game, two elite shooters to spread the court, they should be scary good.

Last edited:
Back