NBA 2016-2017 Draft, Preseason and Season

• Thread starter Blitz24
  • 405 comments
It's kind of messed up that the Heat didn't make the playoffs. I could easily see them in the ECF and getting swept by Cleveland.

Bold prediction: I think Cleveland is going to sweep the entire playoffs. Korver and Frye are deadly. Just what Lebron needed when he goes into playoff beast mode.

At this point if Warriors were to win Game 3 (for me its a more likely for me since Leonard is suffering from ankle injury), then it's a three peat for Warriors v Cavs for NBA Finals.

As 30 teams tried to prove they were among the better of them all, 16 have proven to be good. Those sixteen then tried to prove themselves to be great. As those sixteen battled among themselves to be great, only two proven worthy of becoming championship worthy. Now, those two teams are ready to battle for the O'Brien Trophy and the declaration of NBA Champions. Only thing separating Golden State and Cleveland are four more wins. The final games of this season begin tonight in Oakland, CA, USA. It's the "Rubber Game," to use baseball speak, as GS and CLE meet for the third successive NBA Finals. Golden State won two years ago, Cleveland won last year, so who'll win it all this season? Let the games begin!

Good luck to both Golden State and Cleveland in this NBA Finals.

What a disappointing game 1, yet what a display from the Bullies Warriors.

Game 2 of the NBA Finals is Cleveland at Golden State tonight. GS is up in the series 1-0 as CLE looks to bounce back in Oakland.

LeBron hammered one down in front of Iguodala that I could feel that the rim was hurt. Jesus

Game 3 of the NBA Finals is tonight. This time, the series goes from Oakland to Cleveland. Can Cleveland "Defend the Land?" They're down 2-0 in the series heading into tonight. I read LeBron James needs one more triple-double to have the most all-time in NBA Finals history.

Good luck to Golden State and Cleveland.

If Golden State still screws this up........I have no words to describe if that ever happens.

The 2016-2017 season of NBA basketball could end tonight if the Golden State Warriors win tonight. It would be the absolute unthinkable and unfathomable- 16-0 in the Postseason. Sweeping all series. That is... if they defeat Cleveland one last time to claim the O'Brien Trophy and become NBA Champions. Game 4 is tonight in Cleveland, and it's the Golden State Warriors at the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Good luck to both teams, and congratulations to Golden State on winning the championship IF they win tonight.

Game 5 of the NBA Finals is tonight. Yeah, you were expecting the Golden State Warriors to sweep the entire postseason. Didn't happen. Cleveland dominated in Game 4 in Cleveland. Cleveland will need to win every game now to repeat as NBA Champs. Game 5 is tonight in Oakland as the Golden State Warriors now have a 3-1 lead.

Good luck to Golden State and Cleveland, and congratulations to Golden State on winning the championship if they win tonight.

Yeah yeah. GSW winning the NBA title but I'd rather congratulate Cleveland over GS. At least they didn't have someone who chose a rival team over his first team which is already a NBA Playoffs and Finals contender.

Oh and for Durant, I hate him even more now.

So they had to find something to put LeBron in the lime light. Most triple doubles in the NBA Finals.
He'll never be the best of all time he's 3-5 in the Finals. Jordan was 6-0. LeFlopper would have to win 3 straight just to have a winning record in the Finals.
Oh and his stasts are under Larry Birds for his age.
Im glad The King of Flopping lost.

In other news the GSW decline to go to the White House:rolleyes:

The Warriors are going to be unstoppable for the next couple years if they do indeed end up signing their core team back in the off-season. I wouldn't be surprised if they picked up another good player off free agency too.

As much as I don't like LeBron, he was amazing during the finals, the rest of the Cavs just didn't bother to show up with the exception of Kyrie Irving. I feel like Kevin Love didn't even know there was a final going on, especially last night when he just didn't bother to make an effort.

And honestly, I don't blame the Warriors for skipping the White House. I suspect you'll see more teams skip out over the next four years.

**Looks like the Warrior haven't made a decision about the White House yet, nor have they received and invitation: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...rriors-say-no-decision-made-white-house-visit

Last edited:
It started with 30 teams all with a chance to become champions and hoist the O'Brien Trophy. Of them, 16 proved to be the better percentile of the league. Those 16 were then whittled down as contenders were separated from pretenders. 16 to 8, 8 to 4, and 4 to 2. And of those two, only one can be champion. That champion is the Golden State Warriors. In this "Rubber Series," Golden State and Cleveland met for the 3rd straight NBA Finals to determine who the better team is. Golden State took the first meeting, and Cleveland came back to win the second NBA Finals meeting in epic style. Golden State could have done the impossible and unfathomable- a 16-0 postseason record. They ended up 16-1.

This concludes the 2016-2017 season of NBA basketball. Teams have failed, teams have succeeded. Some teams have even gone further than they probably should have (such as my Houston Rockets before their f:censored: up in the playoffs, especially against San Antonio). All we can do now is look towards the future while also looking back. So let this be your opportunity to look back on the 2016-2017 season before we think about next season.

Feel free to offer your thoughts on the 2016-2017 season until I or somebody else comes up with a thread on the 2017-2018 season of NBA basketball.

Back