NBA 2016-2017 Draft, Preseason and Season

• Thread starter Blitz24
  • 405 comments
He was jaded by the NBA and became an Ar-teest. I guess he got tired of playing with paints and realized that being broke sucks more than anything.

Some of the top teams are really playing crap with stars missing in action. The Cavs, Warriors and Raptors have all been playing terribly for a while now without Love, Durant and Lowry.

Sixteen teams will get to play for the O'Brien Trophy when playoffs time roll around. Three teams so far are all "in!" So who are those teams? Here's the playoff qualifiers as of the time of this post:

--- Eastern Conference: Playoff Qualifiers So Far ---
(none...)

--- Western Conference: Playoff Qualifiers So Far ---
* Golden State! (clinched Pacific Division)
* San Antonio
* Houston

Golden State qualified long ago. I think San Antonio basically has the Southwest locked up. Houston probably isn't going to be even close to challenging San Antonio for 2nd in the West.

Three teams have qualified for the postseason. Thirteen slots still remain. Still a long ways to go before the NBA Playoffs begin. So if your team still has a postseason pulse, keep battling for that chance to play for the O'Brien Trophy!

Good luck to all of your favorite teams.

My Houston Rockets got their 49th win of the season last night by taking down the Denver Nuggets 125-124. We don't play again until this Friday here in Houston.

I finally got to see the incident involving the Milwaukee Bucks and Los Angeles Lakers having getting into a shoving match a few nights ago. It wasn't as wild as (for example) when the Auburn Hills Brawl or when the Nuggets and Knicks had their battles, but it was fairly wild.

I guess if you want to get some discussion going, what do you all think about resting players? Some people don't like this mainly for the idea of star players not playing often and also for the league not to financially profit with not being able to see star players play. There is also the good aspect of this for players to rest. People have done the full 82-game grind all year. Now what do you feel about this issue?

I guess if you want to get some discussion going, what do you all think about resting players? Some people don't like this mainly for the idea of star players not playing often and also for the league not to financially profit with not being able to see star players play. There is also the good aspect of this for players to rest. People have done the full 82-game grind all year. Now what do you feel about this issue?

On one hand I'd say "Man up you sooks and get on the court", but on the other, the NBA schedule is hectic and has a tendency to wear players down, which over a career tends not to leave them in the greatest state of health. Great for the fans, not great for the players. So I could probably care less either way. They still have to play often enough to ensure they get in to the playoffs, get home court advantage etc.

i know we lost but:

c'mon 70 POINTS. SEVENTY. You gotta admit that's special.
oh, he still can't drink to celebrate it yet either so

Meanwhile here in Houston, we got our golden (50th) win of the season at the expense of the visiting New Orleans Pelicans. It was 117-107 here in H-Town as the Rockets grounded the Pelicans.

Congratulations to the other winners from Friday night's games.

i know we lost but:

I was watching the highlights & it appeared he was scoring a huge chunk of that 70 at the end of the 3rd & through the 4th. Talk about clutch. Wow.

i know we lost but:

Big game, I watched his highlights and he was just on fire, making every tough, off-balance, contested and contact shot.

Time to update the teams that are "in!" Current playoff teams heading into tonight's games:

! = clinched division
!! = home court advantage

EAST Playoff Teams: Boston, Toronto, Cleveland!, Washington!
WEST Playoff Teams: Golden State!, Los Angeles Clippers, San Antonio, Houston, Utah, Oklahoma City

Kind of an omission is that Washington won their first Division title in over 38(?) years when they clinched a few nights ago.

Does your team(s) still have a chance? Time is running out! Keep pushing to make the Playoffs!

Other than that, enjoy this weekend's games. Good luck to all of your favorite teams.

Not sure when Lowry is supposed to return, hopefully at least a few games before the playoffs so he can get some rhythm.:odd:

Well, GTPlanet... are you ready for playoff basketball? If not, you'd better make ready because the NBA Playoffs begin this weekend! There were 30 teams all with a chance to prove they are among the better of the 30. Of those 30, 16 succeeded. And of those 16 teams, only one will hoist the O'Brien Trophy and be declared the champions of the 2016-2017 season. Here are the playoff matches:

--- 2016-2017 Playoffs: East ---
* #1 Boston vs. #8 Chicago
* #4 Washington vs. #5 Atlanta
* #3 Toronto vs. #6 Milwaukee
* #2 Cleveland vs. #7 Indiana

--- 2016-2017 Playoffs: West ---
* #1 Golden State vs. #8 Portland
* #4 Los Angeles Clippers vs. #5 Utah
* #3 Houston vs. #6 Oklahoma City
* #2 San Antonio vs. #7 Memphis

Good luck to and congratulations to all playoff teams. Better luck next season for those who didn't advance. Or we got some time. Anyone want to make some playoff predictions right now or share some thoughts on how this postseason will end up?

Raptors won't get past the second round this year after Cavs fell to number 2.

Can you feel it? The NBA Playoffs are here! Sixteen teams begin their push to play for the O'Brien Trophy and the declaration of NBA Champions. Those 16 should be proud to make it this far. However, only eight of those sixteen will have the staying power to advance. Which eight will advance among the 16? We get an idea starting today and tonight.

Congratulations to all who advanced to the playoffs, and good luck to all teams in this postseason.

Toronto lost game 1, what else is new? Jazz surprised me and took their game 1 vs the Clippers, it sucks that Gobert got injured 17sec in to the game.:crazy:

Oh wow Bulls actually managed to do the upset.

Then again Celtics got crushed on the boards.

If this trend continues, and the Bulls suddenly remember to make shots on the regular, this could get bad for Boston.

If this trend continues, and the Bulls suddenly remember to make shots on the regular, this could get bad for Boston.

I mean, somebody had to be the #1 in the East. And considering how putrid the Cavs were in the stretch drive, it pretty much had to be Boston.

That being said, I certainly don't think they are ready for the primetime of the playoffs yet.

Here's to hoping the Bulls upset the Celtics #NotACelticsFan. :P

Wow, Memphis evened the series with Spurs in OT on a running fadeaway by Gasol, crazy end.
The Bucks and Raptors had a good old fashioned playoffs fight night. While there weren't any actual fights, the hits were just as hard as the refs let literally everything slide. Toronto came out on top in a game that saw the winning team score just 87 and still win by 11. Here's hoping the Pacers can prolong the Cavs' first round tomorrow for the sake of rest. I also hope the Jazz can take a W tomorrow. It sucks the Griffin got injured but now Utah has no excuse. I'm a little pissed they aren't playing Exum though.

Welp. There goes the Grizzlies.

Now let's see how the Celtics v Bulls, Wizards v Hawks, and Clippers V Jazz series will go. Looks like the Celtics will win Game 6 with Rondo out. I can see the Wizards v Hawks having a Game 7 with both teams completely matched. For Clippers V Jazz, with the homecourt advantage, I guess they can take Game 6 unless Jazz screws this up.

I found out my Houston Rockets will battle the San Antonio Spurs in the 2nd Round of the NBA Playoffs starting on Monday in San Antonio. Here are all the others whom are advancing to the quarterfinals of the NBA Playoffs:

--- EASTERN CONFERENCE ---
* Toronto (4-2 over MIL)
* Cleveland (4-0 over IND)

--- WESTERN CONFERENCE ---
* Golden State (4-0 over POR)
* Houston (4-1 over OKC)
* San Antonio (4-2 over MEM)

The upcoming matches in the 2nd Round:
* Golden State vs. (LAC/UTA winner)
* Houston vs. San Antonio
* (BOS/CHI winner) vs. (WAS/ATL winner)
* Toronto vs. Cleveland

More games to be played as 16 will be whittled down to 8.

The quarterfinals of the NBA Playoffs are here. The matches:

* GS Warriors vs. UTA Jazz
* HOU Rockets vs. SA Spurs
* BOS Celtics vs. WAS Wizards
* TOR Raptors vs. CLE Cavaliers

30 teams competed, 16 advanced, now we're down to 8, soon to become whittled down to 4 once this round concludes. Conference Semifinals action is here. Good luck to the eight remaining survivors.

My Rockets lost last night to the Spurs. San Antonio now leads 2-1 in this series. I want the Rockets to advance, but I don't think it's going to happen, even without Tony Parker on the SA lineup.

Keep enjoying the action! Albeit late, congratulations to Paul Pierce on an amazing career. Keep watching those NBA playoff games! And maybe if you have a bunch of money lying around, get yourself a pair of those $495 USD sneakers from LaVar Bell. That is, if you don't think those sneakers of his are absolutely ludicrous.

The Raptors must now rebuild if they ever want to build a true contender. That may even mean trading DeRozan, as good as he's been.

Well, it's the end of the line for my Houston Rockets. Not only were we down with a chance to maybe force a Game 7, it was a BAD loss. Can't remember the last time we scored so few points. The Spurs take the series 4-2 after we lost 114-75. Congratulations to the Rockets on a great season; and of course, congratulations to the Spurs (out of sportsmanship). But man... this one bites hard. Way to not f:censored:ing show the f:censored: up- regardless of the opponent being a wounded San Antonio squad. I didn't have Houston winning the series anyways. I just hated this was their best effort with a chance to force a Game 7. Gonzaga could have put up a bigger fight than the Rockets. This was just deplorable. Thank goodness I didn't see this game.

Well... on to my Houston Astros, Houston Texans, and Houston Dynamo, I guess.

Anyhow, whomever wins the championship... congratulations. Too bad it can't be us (again)...

Back