NCGT5 Drift Competition (01/08/2011)

• Thread starter aeconklin
  • 110 comments
I added you.

I wanted to point out before I disappeared for a few hours that I'm hoping everyone participating will be using a microphone of some kind. It will help the event run a lot more smoothly. Don't drop out if you don't have one just make sure you can hear me during the event. About steering; There is no regulation, but a wheel is preferred. If you have one, use it! If you do worse with the wheel than a controller, then this is your time to learn on it!

I want this event mainly to focus on improving the driver's skill. Don't be afraid to ask questions during the upcoming practice days or the event day's practice.

Since you say that there will be practice sessions, I'll participate in those even if it's to give advice to newer drifters, and primarily for controller users since I won't be able to participate in the final competition. I have a headset as well!

Its a shame PS3's dont come with a headset, any suggestions on one thats comfortable and a good price? Sorry for Off-topic...

The date might change, I might have a drift competiton that I'll be driving in that day. I'll let you know the confirmed date by December 4th or earlier.

OK, have a few questions, on the 1st corner (C4) on the run up are we not expected to get sideways on that corner on the way up and just line up for clipping point 1? Or do you expect us t get sideways for it despite their not being a clipping point? if we are expected to get sideways can I recommend C4 is renamed to clipping point 1/5? it would make alot more sense if we are intended to get sideways through there so we have a target to aim for. Question 2, after the 180- when you start to head back will Manji drifting the straight be a benefit to the driver, or no? If they are rewarded for Manjiing it I will do it, but if it wont be considered in judgment I would like to avoid it.

You can take my name off of the registered drivers list. Just looked at the date and I have a wedding I have to go to. However, I may still be able to catch the action on the ustream account.

@lucky Hahaha I don't work there. Might as well expose some of norcal though while I am at it?

@Soullessvessel C4 is the last clip. C1 is the first. It goes in order from 1-4. As for the straight head from C3-C4, I would prefer you swing your car towards the island and setup a feint entry for C4. That's an ideal finish for me. It didn't reflect in my video because I was driving bad. You can do however you would like though.

I know c4 is the last clip, but my question is on the way to c1 do we just ignore it while heading to c1? and then drift it when heading back to the line? Or do you want to see us sideways while we are going through it on our way to c1.

if you need a backup judge at any point just give me a shout i would enter as a driver but i need to get my drifting up to scratch first :)

This is starting to look legit, I hope someone takes video of the shenanigans that are likely to follow :)... Also, I expect to see a lot of leagues that run restrictions pop up soon like FMDL and FMDA in forza, which is a good thing in many ways. I expect the same similarities, like: no race tires, no race modifications, negative camber only, rwd only, etc. etc.

And then a community was born. :D

This is starting to look legit, I hope someone takes video of the shenanigans that are likely to follow :)... Also, I expect to see a lot of leagues that run restrictions pop up soon like FMDL and FMDA in forza, which is a good thing in many ways. I expect the same similarities, like: no race tires, no race modifications, negative camber only, rwd only, etc. etc.

And then a community was born. :D

i know you dont have the game yet but there is no such thing as positive camber in GT5 XD

i would be happy to record some battles and whatnot for you guys as long as you dont mind my DVC 100's quality i posted a video of the test in another thread somewhere i think the hello forza drifters or whatever its called if you want to take a look

I know but isn't this about car control and not power control ?:indiff:

it adds to the challenge of getting your car to drift through a section with lower power meaning you may even need to look at new techniques therefor adding to the handling challenge

Latest Posts

Back