NCGT5 Drift Competition (01/08/2011)

• Thread starter aeconklin
  • 110 comments
:( tis a verry sexy 350 as well

may i sugest a silvia or a MK4 supra for something with this kind of power seem to work for me

Haha I went and decided to go for a ___. Ohp. I guess you'll just have to see me around. 💡

LOL! its ok, its time to learn the captain clutch kick/ pedal to the metal style type of drifting ;)
Haha you already know! Thats my type of style. Sometimes. 👍

EDIT: So i just did the course layout on a more underpowered car and its much more easier to hold drifts. If lower hp = easier and higher hp = hard to control why not let the people who can handle it drive it ?

Last edited:
all i need is 180hp to drift perfect or even 150 if you ask me.

I never said you needed any more than that. I said it was interesting that it's 300hp or less because most people tend to just slap on a gigantic turbo and tune their engine to the max forgetting about suspension setup. I personally, at the moment, am drifting a stock AE86 Shuichi Shigeno with about 200hp.

Haha I went and decided to go for a ___. Ohp. I guess you'll just have to see me around. 💡

EDIT: So i just did the course layout on a more underpowered car and its much more easier to hold drifts. If lower hp = easier and higher hp = hard to control why not let the people who can handle it drive it ?

i still find close to 300hp high powered imo ;P especially in real life underpowered cars = 90-150hp (ae86, and ka24de powered s chassis)

because it can give an advantage on speed and angle 2 main factors of competition so by restricting it they are making it fairer for everyone

because it can give an advantage on speed and angle 2 main factors of competition so by restricting it they are making it fairer for everyone

If thats the case would you slide a stock ae86 in a d1 qualifier ?
Just wondering.

Im not tripping though. My 350z replacement is under 300hp. 👍:drool:

If thats the case would you slide a stock ae86 in a d1 qualifier ?
Just wondering.

Im not tripping though. My 350z replacement is under 300hp. 👍:drool:

some people can do what others can do in very high powerd cars in low powerd cars others cant i guess

dude i'm hella confused now hahaha. are you on ncd?

l_fdc9c576ea88823c013d5389f7f2b5bb.jpg

Now do you know who I am?! Hahaha. I don't think we've ever actually met in person yet. I might have but just don't remember. Anyway I should be at the December TD Super AM. That's why I might have to change the date of this, I don't know yet.

As for everyone conversing about the horsepower cap. Please understand this is only the first competition. I'll be hosting much more to come with higher horsepower cars. If you can wait just a month it will be done.

I'll be adding some new information in a few moments, but first I have some cleaning to take care of.

As for the date of the event. It has been moved indefinatley to 1/8/2011. I have drift events I'll be attending and this is my only time to run it. It won't change at all after this announcement. Please plan accordingly. Lookforward to the open practice sessions. They'll operate the same as the competition, it should give you time to get your feet wet.

Last edited:
@Folkedahl Please elaborate. I would like to hear your input on the judging.

@SteezMachine Sorry, but its the only open time slot I have...

I think the judging is fine, I picked the wrong word. Low hp technical drifting is just my weakness. I usually drift bigger tracks at high speed. This is some good learning.

Actually, smoke is one of my strong areas so that not being judged isn't my style.

I'm just glad you're putting this whole thing together. :)

unrelated: Here is one of my GT4 drift vids, all multi apex drifts. One car in one day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5sj0Fm_YfU

Last edited:
Last question, as follow car are we meant to use lead car as a moving clipping point? or do we go for our own clips despite what lead car does from the lead car?

田中BOMB;4232335
l_fdc9c576ea88823c013d5389f7f2b5bb.jpg

Now do you know who I am?! Hahaha. I don't think we've ever actually met in person yet. I might have but just don't remember. Anyway I should be at the December TD Super AM. That's why I might have to change the date of this, I don't know yet.

OOOOOOOOOH hahahaha. Conklin! Yeah I don't think we've met in person, I was staffing when you did that crazy boardslide though hahaha.

lol is that in vallejo? anyone doing the upcoming word up event? or any future word up events this year? wish i went to the last one since it was raining and i love sliding on rainy days

Yeah that was Motoring J Style in '08. Quite a trip. Anyways I should be at Thunder Drift on the 18th, Fatlace and Stockton next year.

On topic, I updated the prize list and the amount of points you will receive for NCGT5's Super-Am Ladder. These first set of points are not official, I will just be testing the ladder out. The real series begins on January 22nd you can find more info here - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=136961 I need it to be stickied :)

The drivers list is now full. Any further additions will be added to the reserve list.

Keep in mind there will be an open practice session on Monday 12/06/2010. For more information check here. It will flow like the competition.

Last edited:
If there is anymore openings for reserve I would like to submit my "application". Car has 295 hp.

Last edited:
@370d

Joining is as easy as saying you'll be there. I'll put you on the list.

@crazynutt

This is a rookie competition for the less skilled (more or less all skill levels) If your looking for more rookie. It's definatley do able.

Back