Need Drifting Help (DualShock 3 ONLY!)

• Thread starter Jayson619
  • 13 comments
Singapore
Singapore
Jayson619
As per title, so who has advice and tips for drifting using only the controller....

Dun tell me 'wheel is the only way!' I still believe controller can have a spot but need some help on how to execute one....

RWD car
Purchase LSD
Set your acceleration sensitivity up to 60
Upgrade the car, have about 300hp or more
Throttle, countersteer. Practice makes perfect.

check out the settings library, i posted up some settings for a fairlady.
ill do some more future setups
and oh btw, if u need my controllersettings let me know ill be glad to give u them ^^.

I don't think he is loking for tunes, just tips on how to drift.

Jayson. Easiest thing to do to start, go slow! I've watched in GT5, and have no doubt the same will continue into gt6. Just slow it down. Instead of trying to go for the full corner, all out, neverlift smoke fest, take your time and get the feel of just small slides at first. Not sure if you are a competent racer, but the same basics kinda apply. You need the right line, the right braking points, turn in, all of that still matters in drifting too. If you are going in so fast and hot that in a race you would over shoot adn run off the track, the same will happen when trying to drift. In gt5, I have a couple of cars I could suggest to start with, that drift great out of the box. Can't give the same advice yet in GT6 though, since the physics are now different, and cars don't quite behave the same now.
So, jsut start off slow, on something like autumn ring mini. Get maybe an rx7 or silvia, put on CH, and go out there and first learn how to contol the car stock, then slowly upgrade as you find yourself improving. And slow down, this is drift, not a race. A lot of people forget that I think.

I don't think he is loking for tunes, just tips on how to drift.

Jayson. Easiest thing to do to start, go slow! I've watched in GT5, and have no doubt the same will continue into gt6. Just slow it down. Instead of trying to go for the full corner, all out, neverlift smoke fest, take your time and get the feel of just small slides at first. Not sure if you are a competent racer, but the same basics kinda apply. You need the right line, the right braking points, turn in, all of that still matters in drifting too. If you are going in so fast and hot that in a race you would over shoot adn run off the track, the same will happen when trying to drift. In gt5, I have a couple of cars I could suggest to start with, that drift great out of the box. Can't give the same advice yet in GT6 though, since the physics are now different, and cars don't quite behave the same now.
So, jsut start off slow, on something like autumn ring mini. Get maybe an rx7 or silvia, put on CH, and go out there and first learn how to contol the car stock, then slowly upgrade as you find yourself improving. And slow down, this is drift, not a race. A lot of people forget that I think.

Maybeh dat old japanese drift bible will help? :3

I don't know how much help this will be but, when using the controller I switch the buttons up for drifting so I can get a little more throttle control.

R2: Throttle
L2: Brake
O: Shift UP
Square: Shift Down
X: Hand brake
R1: Look Back
L1: Nitorous (though I don't generally juice my cars)

But I have a very weird drift style.

for me this works best
R2: Throttle
L2: Brake
Right analogue up: Shift UP
Right analogue down: Shift Down
O: Hand brake

when using the analogue its like using a sequential gear box and is easy to use, anyone else used this set up?
if not give it a try

As a former DS3 user, even though I never drifted, I'd recommend using the right analog stick for both the throttle and brake. You get a lot more control than those awful triggers will give you.

Latest Posts

Back