Need For Speed (2015)

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 7,699 comments
9b522d611aad35b6a749648b25af21e4.gif

It's too late. Since they ended support, that would have been helpful but no.
I still would like to give it a try though when I get my ps4 in 2-3 weeks

After playing BF1 on the PS4 Pro i really wish Ghost would patch NFS. The night time with all the street lamps would look amazing in HDR as well. But I dont expect it to happen. :irked:

So I finally tried NFS 2015 today at a friend's place. Boy the handling is as bad as I had imagined. Literally nothing good to say about it. The car's front end has a mind of it's own. Sometimes you can pull off heroic drifts and sometimes you just understeer straight into a wall. Don't get me started on oversteer correction. 50:50 whether you under or overcorrect. Tried using brakes and e-brake to initiate drift with mixed results. Also for some reason in drift events I find the car is harder to start drifting. Also tried messing with tuning. Grip mode is completely useless. Full drift is uncontrollable. I settled for halfway between neutral and drift as a best compromise (still sucked overall though).

A few more things that had me tearing my hair out: cutscenes, cutscenes, cutscenes. Can't have enough of those at the start. Oh, and you can't skip them for some reason. Also you're CONSTANTLY bombarded with messages, even in the middle of races. Most of them aren't even useful for anything. Like, why bother? Traffic is too sparse to provide any challenge (but when they do appear they are always perfectly positioned to ruin your race). I haven't even seen any cops yet in free roam. Constantly raining look grates after a while. Constant night is ok BUT they have to ruin it by making certain sections dawn/dusk. Totally ruins immersion. Performance upgrades are unnecessarily complicated for this type of game. Visual customization, as have been said by everyone the variety is quite disappointing for some cars. The only good bits are rims, paint and vinyl/decal editors. There are some amazing creations made by people online. Drag racing is pretty boring and I can't figure out how the burnout meter works.

Now for the good bits. Graphics are awesome as expected. The world feels a lot more alive than it looks on trailers and gameplay vids. Cars look amazing in the garage and the different paint textures are very well recreated. The in game economy is a lot more forgiving than expected. Then again I've only tuned the BRZ so maybe parts are more expensive for later cars. The map is reminiscent of Underground 2 and some parts of MW 2012, which is a plus. Oh, and kudos for including old NFS menu music tunes. I'm a sucker for classic game OSTs.

So overall, besides pretty graphics and rims/vinyl customization, NFS 2015 is a big, big disappointment for me. Driving has no joy whatsoever in this game. Probably the worst handling NFS since Undercover. I can see how you get bored very quickly once you complete the game. It's flashy on the outside, but hollow on the inside.

It's 75% off on Origin atm. I might get it at that price (if I don't already blow my budget on Steam sale), but no more than that.

Hoping for a better effort in 2017 Ghost 👍

Last edited:
After revisiting other old racing games that I have played, I can just say that NFS2015 will be one of those games where it has bad handling but at the same time you want to play it because you want to or for your own curiosity sake.

When I played FnF:Tokyo Drift the game and after completing it once more (the drift physics were bad and not suitable for tight drift tracks), it suddenly reminded me of what I've gone through in NFS2015. I've also gone through times where I would rage because of the handling and unlike Tokyo Drift where the bad handling is evident in drift events and not in highway events, but the bad handling is evident everywhere in NFS2015.

There's another game that has bad handling: L.A Rush. At first I thought the physics were unstable only for the FR cars (just like Juiced) but then when I drove then Impala Coupe, that's where the wobbly physics were still there. Why do I say wobbly? When you go into high speeds in LA Rush then you need to turn and after turning, you car starts wobble and won't go to a straight stance and after 10 seconds your back to normal.

After revisiting other old racing games that I have played, I can just say that NFS2015 will be one of those games where it has bad handling but at the same time you want to play it because you want to or for your own curiosity sake.

When I played FnF:Tokyo Drift the game and after completing it once more (the drift physics were bad and not suitable for tight drift tracks), it suddenly reminded me of what I've gone through in NFS2015. I've also gone through times where I would rage because of the handling and unlike Tokyo Drift where the bad handling is evident in drift events and not in highway events, but the bad handling is evident everywhere in NFS2015.

There's another game that has bad handling: L.A Rush. At first I thought the physics were unstable only for the FR cars (just like Juiced) but then when I drove then Impala Coupe, that's where the wobbly physics were still there. Why do I say wobbly? When you go into high speeds in LA Rush then you need to turn and after turning, you car starts wobble and won't go to a straight stance and after 10 seconds your back to normal.
Another game that has terrible physics is Street Racing Syndicate and the NFS Shift series. I want to play them, but the physics are just too wonky to me.

Another game that has terrible physics is Street Racing Syndicate and the NFS Shift series. I want to play them, but the physics are just too wonky to me.
You see? That's an example of one person who wants to play a racing game but at the same time the racing game that you're playing has bad handling. I can see NFS2015 going in that direction if they only make NFS2015 offline.

As for Shift, only Shift 2 had better physics (with the physics mod on for PC users) but only for PC users. I haven't played SRS yet but the way I look at gameplay and career progression, I think I may need to stay away for now not because of the bad handling but because of how the girls were treated in the game.

After playing BF1 on the PS4 Pro i really wish Ghost would patch NFS. The night time with all the street lamps would look amazing in HDR as well. But I dont expect it to happen. :irked:
I really hope Ghost and EA would at least do that. It would be a wasted opportunity if Ghost doesn't make a PS4 Pro version of NFS2015.

I really can't bring myself to load this up, despite it being on my Xbox pins. I think about the customisation and then I recall the online only and the abysmal handling.

I enjoyed my time with it when I (impulse) purchased it around this time last year. However, loading it up just now and playing it for the first time in God knows how long for 15-20 minutes, I can only question myself how I managed to endure these awful physics. Regardless of FH3 having spoiled me, it's absolutely rage-inducing and trash-tier.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yep, I have no idea how I tolerated it at first, I liked cruising with friends but yeah now I'm at war with this game, that's how much I hate it, I can't remember a game that I disliked more than this.

@GT_Saint Great work! The music and the footage fit really well together. 👍

@CleanCut Same here actually, I've actually found myself missing NFS 2015 a bit. Even though the game is limited in content and the physics are extremely weird, it's still got great visuals and audio, plus I'm hugely fond of the underground theme. I may pop back on soon to mod some cars and mess around in Snapshot Pro too! :cool:

Starting messing around with snapshot pro and this is what came of it.

I'd love feedback :D

That was awesome! Great camera work!

This is making me want to create another cinematic video, haha. If only NFS had some sort of equivalent to the Rockstar Editor, imagine the possibilities... I still tried my best with the tools provided though, had a friend help massively with a video of mine. Essentially the race scenes of the video were recorded as regular gameplay and the parts where the car(s) were at a stop was where I whipped out Snapshot Pro (except when it was just my friend driving, I used Snapshot Pro to capture his car).

It takes so much effort but the result is always nice. I'm proud of it at least :)

Also, liked and subscribed!

@CleanCut Same here actually, I've actually found myself missing NFS 2015 a bit. Even though the game is limited in content and the physics are extremely weird, it's still got great visuals and audio, plus I'm hugely fond of the underground theme. I may pop back on soon to mod some cars and mess around in Snapshot Pro too! :cool:

Yeah, unfortunately I moved back in May and haven't been able to play much since due to a dicey internet connection... I'll be back on track this spring when our construction project is completed and I can get decent internet again. If it wasn't for that I would have customized and uploaded a lot more screenshots than I did.

When I played FnF:Tokyo Drift the game and after completing it once more (the drift physics were bad and not suitable for tight drift tracks)

I played this game last month, considering I had fuzzy memories of it in my child hood.

It's funny, the game is piss easy, yet the minute you hit the last few races, when the corners start getting tighter and the competition suddenly starts to rubberband, it turns into a complete hassle.

I don't think there will be a racing game that had good, fun and easy to learn drifting mechanics like the GRID games had.

So I was inspired by @GT_Saint's video, and decided to install NFS on my PS4 Pro. Grabbed my M3 and slapped my custom MW wrap onto it along with the GTR bodykit and made a quick little showcase video for it. Has the first part of Razor's bio intro from Most Wanted at the start, but then it transitions to the Snapshot Pro footage.
Thoughts? Would love to hear what you have to say, whether you liked it, or maybe you thought something was a bit off, I'm all ears :)

So I was inspired by @GT_Saint's video, and decided to install NFS on my PS4 Pro. Grabbed my M3 and slapped my custom MW wrap onto it along with the GTR bodykit and made a quick little showcase video for it. Has the first part of Razor's bio intro from Most Wanted at the start, but then it transitions to the Snapshot Pro footage.
Thoughts? Would love to hear what you have to say, whether you liked it, or maybe you thought something was a bit off, I'm all ears :)

It was good. I thought it was going to be the exact bio intro from MW '05 but goo enough. I wish you used Shapeshifter though. It could've worked better.

It was good. I thought it was going to be the exact bio intro from MW '05 but goo enough. I wish you used Shapeshifter though. It could've worked better.
I would've liked to recreate the bio intro but that is very difficult when there's no Rockstar Editor equivalent. Also, maybe yeah, Shapeshifter was never my favourite song in MW, so I kinda just stuck to what I liked with this, glad you liked it anyhow.

Picked up this from a car boot sale recently:

View attachment 619794

What's terrifying is that it has better physics than the 2015 game.
Physics? I think the 3DO version beats the other versions though but that version is more rare to find these days let alone that *a word that cannot be typed due to AUP* will do. Even the console itself is hard to find plus its a collectors item.

I would've liked to recreate the bio intro but that is very difficult when there's no Rockstar Editor equivalent. Also, maybe yeah, Shapeshifter was never my favourite song in MW, so I kinda just stuck to what I liked with this, glad you liked it anyhow.
Yeah. Considering the fact that the song you used is Izzy's song. Can you do all 15 BL bio videos? I know it may be hard due to car limitations but you can replace it these cars:

Sonny- VW Golf MK.I (The livery is available also)
Taz- BMW M2
Vic- Toyota Supra SZ-R
Izzy- Mazda RX-7 Spirit R
Big Lou- Mazda MX-5 (Gen IV)
Baron- Porsche Cayman GT4
Earl- Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX MR
Jewels- Ford Mustang GT
Kaze- Mercedes AMG GT (slightly tuned)
Ming- Lamborghini Huracan
Webster- Chevrolet Corvette Z06
JV- SRT Viper GTS
Ronnie- Ferrari 458/F40 (since he's a rich kid)
Bull- Mercedes AMG GT (fully tuned but without cosmetic mods except rims)
Razor- Ford Mustang GT/BMW M3 E46
Bonus BL racer: Rog- Ford Mustamg '65

Last edited:
Physics? I think the 3DO version beats the other versions though but that version is more rare to find these days let alone that *a word that cannot be typed due to AUP* will do. Even the console itself is hard to find plus its a collectors item.

Yeah. Considering the fact that the song you used is Izzy's song. Can you do all 15 BL bio videos? I know it may be hard due to car limitations but you can replace it these cars:

Sonny- VW Golf MK.I (The livery is available also)
Taz- BMW M2
Vic- Toyota Supra SZ-R
Izzy- Mazda RX-7 Spirit R
Big Lou- Mazda MX-5 (Gen IV)
Baron- Porsche Cayman GT4
Earl- Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX MR
Jewels- Ford Mustang GT
Kaze- Mercedes AMG GT (slightly tuned)
Ming- Lamborghini Huracan
Webster- Chevrolet Corvette Z06
JV- SRT Viper GTS
Ronnie- Ferrari 458/F40 (since he's a rich kid)
Bull- Mercedes AMG GT (fully tuned but without cosmetic mods except rims)
Razor- Ford Mustang GT/BMW M3 E46
That would be pretty cool actually, having a mini-series of car showcases for the Blacklist guys (and gals). I'll start getting footage for another one later on! Thanks for the suggestion. Also, would a Porsche GT3 work as a possible second car for Toru Sato (Bull)?

Last edited:
That would be pretty cool actually, having a mini-series of car showcases for the Blacklist guys (and gals). I'll start getting footage for another one later on! Thanks for the suggestion. Also, would a Porsche GT3 work as a possible second car for Toro Sato (Bull)?
I don't think so. Bull's SLR McLaren shows that he's a sleeper driver and by using the AMG GT would be a better choice. The 911 GT3 shows more of a racer side plus it has cosmetic mods.

I don't think so. Bull's SLR McLaren shows that he's a sleeper driver and by using the AMG GT would be a better choice. The 911 GT3 shows more of a racer side plus it has cosmetic mods.
Oh, of course, silly me. Yeah, I forgot for a second that he had the SLR. See, I had the PSP version first, and that's where I beat it first before picking up the PS2 version later. In the PSP version, the Blacklist guys have different cars. Bull has a Carrera GT and that's why I suggested the GT3, as well as what I associate his car with, since I've not seen much of Bull's SLR. AMG GT it is, then. :D

Oh, of course, silly me. Yeah, I forgot for a second that he had the SLR. See, I had the PSP version first, and that's where I beat it first before picking up the PS2 version later. In the PSP version, the Blacklist guys have different cars. Bull has a Carrera GT and that's why I suggested the GT3, as well as what I associate his car with, since I've not seen much of Bull's SLR. AMG GT it is, then. :D
Oh the PSP version. It was just a reskin of Underground Rivals (which was better) and the only difference is cars, cops, and location.

What's ridiculous about that version is Ronnie driving the M3 GTR Street version. The reason for being ridiculous is that in the PS2, X360, PC, and GC versions, the M3 Street is not available for purchase.

Oh the PSP version. It was just a reskin of Underground Rivals (which was better) and the only difference is cars, cops, and location.

What's ridiculous about that version is Ronnie driving the M3 GTR Street version. The reason for being ridiculous is that in the PS2, X360, PC, and GC versions, the M3 Street is not available for purchase.
Gotta be honest, I love the PSP version, but then again I did grow up with it. I just find it really cool. IDK. I did have a lot of fun with it at least.

Also yeah, Ronnie had the console M3 but the Street version and Razor had the GTR but with a racing team livery, or something similar, lol.

EDIT: Now that I've just seen some Underground Rivals gameplay, yeah there are quite a few similarities. Still love 5-1-0 though.

Gotta be honest, I love the PSP version, but then again I did grow up with it. I just find it really cool. IDK. I did have a lot of fun with it at least.

Also yeah, Ronnie had the console M3 but the Street version and Razor had the GTR but with a racing team livery, or something similar, lol.

EDIT: Now that I've just seen some Underground Rivals gameplay, yeah there are quite a few similarities. Still love 5-1-0 though.
Trust me. Underground Rivals is better. It has 3 cars that has never been in NFSU before (Corvette C5, Ford Mustang SVT Cobra, and Ford Mustang '65) plus the customization is at least Underground level.

Trust me. Underground Rivals is better. It has 3 cars that has never been in NFSU before (Corvette C5, Ford Mustang SVT Cobra, and Ford Mustang '65) plus the customization is at least Underground level.
Sounds good. I'll try it out one day. Most Wanted still has alright customisation though, but obviously I'm biased, I grew up with the damn game haha. Thanks for mentioning it though, now it's on my radar. 👍

Thanks a lot! I honestly haven't started the game up since I finished that video, but Its always fun to hop back on after a break from the game! :cheers:

That was awesome! Great camera work!

This is making me want to create another cinematic video, haha. If only NFS had some sort of equivalent to the Rockstar Editor, imagine the possibilities... I still tried my best with the tools provided though, had a friend help massively with a video of mine. Essentially the race scenes of the video were recorded as regular gameplay and the parts where the car(s) were at a stop was where I whipped out Snapshot Pro (except when it was just my friend driving, I used Snapshot Pro to capture his car).

It takes so much effort but the result is always nice. I'm proud of it at least :)

Also, liked and subscribed!

Haha thanks a lot man! Having an in depth camera would be absolutely amazing. I'd absolutely love to have a camera mode similar to that of the spectator mode in battlefield 1. It has so many settings and little tricks that make operating the camera a lot easier and give you so many more options when it comes to camera movement and image quality.

Ooo that looks great! I returned a like and sub also :cheers:How did you get the video to 1080p though? Does the ps4 pro record 1080p natively?

Thanks a lot! I honestly haven't started the game up since I finished that video, but Its always fun to hop back on after a break from the game! :cheers:

Haha thanks a lot man! Having an in depth camera would be absolutely amazing. I'd absolutely love to have a camera mode similar to that of the spectator mode in battlefield 1. It has so many settings and little tricks that make operating the camera a lot easier and give you so many more options when it comes to camera movement and image quality.

Ooo that looks great! I returned a like and sub also :cheers:How did you get the video to 1080p though? Does the ps4 pro record 1080p natively?
Thanks, really appreciate it! And yup, PS4 Pro has native 1920x1080p recording. Great for small projects like this for me, my upload speed is pretty poor but these don't take much time to upload so I can bump it up to 1080p. Very nice upgrade.

Also, no problem bud! Yeah, we really could use a spectator mode type deal. Saying that though, since it was released for BF1, which is an EA game that also uses Frostbite 3... Imagine if we get Cinematic Tools in NFS 2017! That would be so good. I still have to try out Spectator Mode, I already made a cinematic but it was from the first person view with no HUD, I made it before Spectator Mode was released, but I still plan on making another project down the line.

Last edited:
Back