Need For Speed (2015)

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 7,698 comments
^^^ Gotcha. I guess that's our only point of difference. As I said, I'm pretty sure the topics listed in the 2nd list are things that yes, do not HAVE to be done, but that nearly everyone wants, not just some people as you suggest. The third list however, are things I would consider more nit-picky than the previous list. But hey, you can view those things however you want... everyone has a different order of preference I'm sure. There's probably that one guy out there that couldn't give a rip about how big the map is but absolutely cannot play the game because of the cheesy cutscenes LOL.

So how DOES everyone think these things should be ordered?
Except that you're arbitrarily making it up to be everyone, when there's no way to gauge that. That's why instead of saying everyone, I'd just bundle them in the same list. I for one consider Weather/ToD to be much more important than customization and the cockpit view, even though the cockpit view is a big plus for me. Where as a map expansion wouldn't be as important to me. Instead of trying to downplay the others, I'd be simpler to just jumble them into one list, because we really dont know the want for these things, whatsoever.

In the case of NFS15, less isn't more when it comes to cars.

Sure, you can now have 10 cars in the game, but how many cars are there in the game? And what if you want to try them out without having to sell a car and end up squandering the money for it?

There are many questions about the design choices of this game the some may or may not comprehend. It's a bad game to some, it's a good game to others. To me, it's just... Mediocre at best.

Except that you're arbitrarily making it up to be everyone, when there's no way to gauge that. That's why instead of saying everyone, I'd just bundle them in the same list. I for one consider Weather/ToD to be much more important than customization and the cockpit view, even though the cockpit view is a big plus for me. Where as a map expansion wouldn't be as important to me. Instead of trying to downplay the others, I'd be simpler to just jumble them into one list, because we really dont know the want for these things, whatsoever.

It's interesting to me that you claim that no one can possibly know what people want/don't want, and yet you are convinced that I have it listed wrong. Am I the only one seeing irony here?

Since you seem to have it all figured out, or don't, or... I dunno, I'm so confused... Why don't you make up your own list so that it can be just right instead of telling me how mine is wrong?

It's interesting to me that you claim that no one can possibly know what people want/don't want, and yet you are convinced that I have it listed wrong. Am I the only one seeing irony here?
I was giving my reasoning for me disagreeing because they are all personal preferences, not just some of them. It is in no way similar to the instance you're bringing up. You're claiming to know that everyone has asked for this, and no one, to very little people asked for that. Instead of trying to guess who has requested what, it's easier and more fair to group them together instead of pretending one is more important than the other.

Another thing is that I have not said that I think that your list is wrong, but more so how I would put them together. Nothing more, nothing less.

Since you seem to have it all figured out, or don't, or... I dunno, I'm so confused... Why don't you make up your own list so that it can be just right instead of telling me how mine is wrong?
I never told you that you where wrong. So instead of making things up and putting words in my mouth, you can thoroughly read and understand my posts before making things up about me.

Except that you're arbitrarily making it up to be everyone, when there's no way to gauge that.

You're claiming to know that everyone has asked for this, and no one, to very little people asked for that.

The objective of making such a list, of course, was to promote discussion about what we would prioritize regarding improvements for the next game so as to discern what everyone wants and in what priority. Instead of stating your opinion on that however, you chose to criticize the compiling of the list itself. That's why I implore you again to make your own list if you feel that mine isn't an acceptable starting point.

In your haste to accuse me of mistakenly assuming I know what everyone wants, could you could be making the same mistake yourself? After all, for you to know that people do not want what's on my list, you must have some knowledge about the matter... please enlighten us... what have we been discussing for the last 254 pages on this thread, if not indeed, what we want or do not want? All this time I thought this was a thread about our opinions of the game, but now that you mention it, after scrolling back through, it appears to be a dissertation on 13th century agrarian economics! How clumsy of me!

Instead of trying to guess who has requested what, it's easier and more fair to group them together instead of pretending one is more important than the other.

There's certainly nothing wrong with listing them the way you suggest. Again, make your list.

For the purposes of game development, whether someone starts out with a list of priorities or they evolve through discussion, eventually priorities must be made do they not? I compiled a list of priorities based on my own observation of this thread over the last year. A list which is now open for discussion. I'm not a game developer, but the approach of 'It's unfair to assume we know anything about what people want (even after reading 254 pages worth of their opinions), therefore we shouldn't give priority to anything....' does not, in my mind, a good game make.

In the case of NFS15, less isn't more when it comes to cars.

Sure, you can now have 10 cars in the game, but how many cars are there in the game? And what if you want to try them out without having to sell a car and end up squandering the money for it?

There are many questions about the design choices of this game the some may or may not comprehend. It's a bad game to some, it's a good game to others. To me, it's just... Mediocre at best.

I agree that there should be more slots available for more cars. And I definitely feel like there should be some sort of test-drive ability. What do you think? Should they bring back the car lot from NFSU2? I would like a return to that feature... I like the idea of cruising to a different location on the map (like a car lot) in order to purchase a ride. It would feel more authentic. Of course some might feel that is too tedious, so they could implement a teleport mechanic the same way they already handle events.

The objective of making such a list, of course, was to promote discussion about what we would prioritize regarding improvements for the next game so as to discern what everyone wants and in what priority. Instead of stating your opinion on that however, you chose to criticize the compiling of the list itself
Oh, really?

I for one consider Weather/ToD to be much more important than customization and the cockpit view, even though the cockpit view is a big plus for me. Where as a map expansion wouldn't be as important to me.
That's so odd, considering I actually didn't do just that. How odd, how many times have you said I did something that I didn't?

That's why I implore you again to make your own list if you feel that mine isn't an acceptable starting point.
I wasn't trying to create my own list, I was giving my opinion on yours, since you know you asked this:
... That's my two, well, maybe more than two cents. What do y'all think?

In your haste to accuse me of mistakenly assuming I know what everyone wants, could you could be making the same mistake yourself? After all, for you to know that people do not want what's on my list, you must have some knowledge about the matter...
You need to pay attention because I never said what's on your list isn't what people want, more so the complete opposite. I said we have no idea of the greater wants of this game, so that's why I said lets just put them all together on one list instead of you arbitrarily deciding on your own what is important and what isn't to people. You're the only one making assumptions for everyone, not me. It's funny how you don't see the irony in that.

There's certainly nothing wrong with listing them the way you suggest. Again, make your list.
Again, you're the one that asked for feedback, so I gave it. If you're going to get bothered because you got an answer to a question you asked, that's your problem, not mine.

Last edited:
...we really dont know the want for these things, whatsoever.

Contradicts:

...and no one, to very little people asked for that.

Contradicts:

....You're the only one making assumptions for everyone, not me.

You just did. In the previous quote.
And furthermore contradicts:

...I never said what's on your list isn't what people want,...

You.... you just said exactly that.

Except that you're arbitrarily making it up to be everyone, when there's no way to gauge that.

An assumption that I'm genuinely perplexed as to how you arrived at, and which furthermore contradicts:

I never told you that you where wrong...

I'll leave those exhibits there and move on.

After a completely innocuous post which concluded by me saying:

So how DOES everyone think these things should be ordered?

My question was met with the desire to perpetuate the misunderstanding.

I'm going to try one more time to explain this Ima: My list was for the purposes of suggesting a realistic priority of improvements. What you want or somehow expect it to be is a random wishlist for the next game. It's my opinion that we've already seen plenty of those. I was going for something different. I'm sorry it wasn't what you want. The list isn't incorrect, however, just because you want it to be something that it isn't, and I had no intention of treading on others' opinions about what matters most to them. The whole purpose was to encourage the expression of opinion, not discourage it. For the third time I urge you to make a random list if you would prefer to see one of those. Or if you would like to place things in my list in order of your preference then by all means do that as well. In the meantime, please stop implying I had motives which I do not, or that I'm intellectually challenged, etc.

What I would still like to know from others, is what order would you prioritize improvements for the next game? Did I miss something on the list? Someone mentioned more car slots and a test-drive feature... where would that rank in terms of importance?

Can you two just take it to the PMs at this point?

---

And another thing I just noticed: the game's been out for over a year at this point. Wow. Time flies.

Can you two just take it to the PMs at this point?

---

And another thing I just noticed: the game's been out for over a year at this point. Wow. Time flies.
Really? A year?

I thought it was longer because it was ages since I last played the game :lol:

^^^ Yeah, I moved about 9 months ago and have been in a situation where my PC is piggybacked onto a wifi network instead of having its own dedicated connection. Because of that I experience frequent drops in connection, which ruins the experience of an always-online game. I was able to sort out a few of the problems, so I recently started playing it again after a 9 month hiatus... Good god, I had to learn how to drive all over again because of the wonky physics LOL

Contradicts
How does it contradict anything? I'm not claiming anything in the sentence, I'm explaining that you think a lot of people want this but very few people want that, I have no clue where you think a contradiction is but point it out to so I can be on the same page with you. Its your own words, so if it is, it's your own contradiction.

To make it simpler for you;

"This" in my sentence is the second list. "That" in my sentence is your third list. That whole section is me simplifying what you said.

You just did. In the previous quote.
And furthermore contradicts:
You.... you just said exactly that
Which also doesn't contradict this, because this is all what you've said, not me.

Please point out where I said, exactly, that your list is wrong? Ill wait. I said we don't know what's more wanted so lets just make them one list. I agree with what's on your list, just not the separation, if its taking you that long to find out.

The part where I said you're making assumptions does not contradict the fact that I said that I didn't think your list is wrong. To explain to you, again.. You're making assumptions about what's more important, and I replied disagreeing with the separation, and nothing else. How is that contradicting?

An assumption that I'm genuinely perplexed as to how you arrived at, and which furthermore contradicts
Literally none of the things are contradictions. I'm absolutely astonished how you can even think that :lol:

You either have a reading comprehension issue or you just don't know what that word means.

My question was met with the desire to perpetuate the misunderstanding.
No it wasn't, because the very next post is where I put an order to certain aspects of your list.

I'm going to try one more time to explain this Ima: My list was for the purposes of suggesting a realistic priority of improvements. What you want or somehow expect it to be is a random wishlist for the next game.
Ah ok, so its reading comprehension. I have no idea where you got a random wish list where I have not said one thing of what I'd like, and I was never trying to. Again, I was merely pointing out that those lists should be combined as they are one in the same.

I'm sorry it wasn't what you want. The list isn't incorrect, however, just because you want it to be something that it isn't, and I had no intention of treading on others' opinions about what matters most to them.
Wow, you really need to pay attention because I have not said it was incorrect once. I also never said that I think other things should be in the list.

For the third time I urge you to make a random list if you would prefer to see one of those.
And for the umpteenth time, the contents of the list is fine, but like I said I think they belong as one and not separated, because you yourself can't just gauge things how you want them. Again, you asked for an opinion on your "two cents" so I gave it.

Last edited:
Dude, just stop, please. :rolleyes:

If this thread were a track car it would've slid into the run-off area about three laps ago. Somebody get the tow truck out and pull it back onto course. I've tried for the past three posts and been unsuccessful apparently. :banghead: :indiff: :lol:
Stopping was entirely up to you. You can't act like you're taking the high road when you're the one replying back and forth to me as well. If you really wanted it to stop the easiest way would be to not reply with such a long post and change the subject, otherwise you are continuing the discussion as much as I am. If you reply to me, I'm going to reply to you, easy as that. All you're trying to do is get the last word while simultaneously act like you're above it all.

Everything you've asked a question about, I've responded to in the very next post. I'm glad that you have nothing to come back with now, as it seems you finally understand what I was saying, so now we can finally end this.

All you're trying to do is get the last word while simultaneously act like you're above it all.

Everything you've asked a question about, I've responded to in the very next post. I'm glad that you have nothing to come back with now, as it seems you finally understand what I was saying, so now we can finally end this.

I am not trying to get the last word, but rather, I had said I was going to try one more time to explain myself and I meant it. Anything more is simply redundant.

I do not understand what you are saying. But point of fact, I didn't bother carefully reading your last long reply. - Of course, that reinforces the very notion you are trying to promulgate - that my reading comprehension is stunted.... Welp, there you have it - The matter has been established - You have proved your intellectual superiority and have won the internet! Huzzah! 👍

There was no need for re-explaining because I had understood your point from the get go. You seemed to have a misunderstanding of my point, though, as you kept saying I was asking for wishlists, saying you're wrong, saying that what I wanted in the list isn't there, when I haven't said any of those things.

Since you still do not understand what I was saying, I'll break it down for you.

Contents of the list is fine, I agree with most of everything in it. (though you kept saying that I think the list is wrong, even though I've posted otherwise.)
I agree with what's on your list,
the contents of the list is fine

I agree fully with the first list, as well.
I do agree with you're first two area's of discussion

I don't agree with the separation, and expressed it, since you asked.
I agree with what's on your list, just not the separation, if its taking you that long to find out.
Almost everything you listed from the bottom two catagories are all personal preference. I do agree with you're first two area's of discussion, but the last one could just as much be considered into the second one group.
What I meant is that the last two lists are basically one in the same, they are all personal preference. It's just the way you separated them, I see them all on the same field together as they are not core gameplay mechanics, but are things that some people would prefer, that would likely make the game better for everyone

Weather/ToD, customization, and cockpit view are what I feel are important, since you asked.
I for one consider Weather/ToD to be much more important than customization and the cockpit view, even though the cockpit view is a big plus for me. Where as a map expansion wouldn't be as important to me.

All of these things, I have posted in this thread. I don't know if it's the wall of text that's stopping you from understanding my point, or the heated argument, but hopefully that helps you out.

Either way, there was nothing to win here, but ok. So hopefully that ends it. I'll reiterate though, you control where this discussion ends. If you're going to reply to me, than I'm going to reply to you. You can't urge for me to stop if you yourself aren't willing to. With that said, I have no problem continuing, if you choose to as well, since you are saying you encourage people to express their opinion.

So hopefully that ends it.
It had better.
I'll reiterate though, you control where this discussion ends. If you're going to reply to me, than I'm going to reply to you.
We have a neat little feature for just that called Private Messaging. If you must continue bitch-slapping each other, use it or it will be me that ends the "discussion".

It had better.

We have a neat little feature for just that called Private Messaging. If you must continue bitch-slapping each other, use it or it will be me that ends the "discussion".
That's fine with me. Although with it being so long since the last reply it seems kinda late to jump in to say to stop lol. Until a mod states otherwise, I'll have no reason to stop posting publically, so with your post I am done on the subject(eh it was actually already done by the looks of it.)

Garage count? If you even play NFSU2, there's a limit to your Career garage (5 cars only) and even My Cars had a limit (10 cars).

Time transition? Again back to the Underground era games, do they even have any time transition? Yet no one complained about NFSU2, MW, Carbon, etc. about no time transition.

Touting customization? Oh so you would rather have the copy paste parts from NFSU? Because some of us don't considering that some individual parts in NFSU2 are ricey and people
complained about it being ricey. We're in the era where stance, big wings, front and rear fenders, diffusers, etc. are a thing now. As @JakeMR2 said, Tokyo Drift is one example of a racing game that has a lot of variety in customization.

Bugs? Sure there are some bugs in the game but are they game breaking just like Rivals? From what I played (PS4 version) the bugs that I experienced is not even game breaking and did not even affected the whole game.

Post support? I would agree with that. I would suggest that Firemonkeys should take over post support considering that they're doing a great job with No Limits.

Always online? I would agree with that also.

One sided tuning? Once again please refer to your "touting customization" thing.

So the problems that you mentioned are problems that Ghost can even fix in the 2017 title. They learned their lesson from 2015 (in fact 2015 might just be a test to see if going back to the Underground theme might be better than the cops v racers theme.) and now they're gonna fix those for 2017.

Actually My Cars in NFSU2 had up to 25 cars. The number of total cars in the game is around 30 I believe (with 3 of them being the useless SUVs), so it's justifiably more than enough to tune all cars. Compared to NFS 2015 with only 10 slots and 60 cars, which means you have to constantly delete and replace cars if you want to experiment.

I agree the copy paste parts in NFSU1/2 are ricey. But NFS No Limits has a similar car list to NFS 2015 and they manage to put in tasteful generic parts for almost all cars (the only exception is Ferrari due to licensing issues). I don't see a reason why they can't do the same with cars lacking real life parts in NFS 2015.

The one sided tuning I believe is referring the handling tuning favouring drift side. They keep saying that we'll be able to customize how the game handles, but there's no point using grip settings because that slows you down to a crawl whenever you have to take corners, rendering it useless.

To be honest, I'd rather EA just give up on NFS altogether, fire Ghost games so they can regroup with Three Fields Entertainment (ex Criterion heads) and resurrect Burnout. Not gonna happen though, as long as people keep buying NFS just because they see the name on the shelves.

I'm so going to regret coming in here after... well, see above wall of text, but I'll live with it.

Anyway, I'm very interested in this game. I'm a fairly new PS4 owner and I've always salivated over how gorgeous this game looks. I suppose my question is after two-ish years, is it worth getting the game now? I honestly don't care if the story isn't great (name one racing game with a great story :indiff:) or anything else, as long as I'm in a cool car driving like I just don't care, I'm happy.

I'm so going to regret coming in here after... well, see above wall of text, but I'll live with it.

Anyway, I'm very interested in this game. I'm a fairly new PS4 owner and I've always salivated over how gorgeous this game looks. I suppose my question is after two-ish years, is it worth getting the game now? I honestly don't care if the story isn't great (name one racing game with a great story :indiff:) or anything else, as long as I'm in a cool car driving like I just don't care, I'm happy.

Short review: everything in this game sucks except the graphics and livery editor. Body customization is ok, until you realize there's not that much variety for some cars. Handling is really, really bad. Even Wipeout feels more like driving than this game.

If it's <$10 buy it I'd say. Otherwise get Forza Horizon or some of the older NFS games.

Short review: everything in this game sucks except the graphics and livery editor. Body customization is ok, until you realize there's not that much variety for some cars. Handling is really, really bad. Even Wipeout feels more like driving than this game.

If it's <$10 buy it I'd say. Otherwise get Forza Horizon or some of the older NFS games.

Considering I don't have a Xbox, Forza is out (even though it looks cool too).

Based on that alone, yes.

The main thing to watch out for is the awkward handling model, it's best to avoid grip tunes if you want to progress in career mode.

Based on both replies, handling will be something I'll get around with. I guess I should avoid using FF cars... If anything, with the drift setup it might feel like Ridge Racer for all I know. I already feel like I wasted money on both Assetto and PCars, I don't want that feeling again with this game.

Based on both replies, handling will be something I'll get around with. I guess I should avoid using FF cars... If anything, with the drift setup it might feel like Ridge Racer for all I know. I already feel like I wasted money on both Assetto and PCars, I don't want that feeling again with this game.

Oh no no :lol: The handling in this game is something you will NEVER get along with. The cars turn when you're going straight, and it goes straight when you want to turn. Also sometimes it will just veer into the wall for no reason whatsoever. Ridge Racer even though arcade at least is consistent. NFS just feels like you're vaguely piloting a hovercraft. Drift is better than grip, but that's not saying much.

If you're not impressed with AC physics, then I suggest you steer well clear from this game.

Oh no no :lol: The handling in this game is something you will NEVER get along with. The cars turn when you're going straight, and it goes straight when you want to turn. Also sometimes it will just veer into the wall for no reason whatsoever. Ridge Racer even though arcade at least is consistent. NFS just feels like you're vaguely piloting a hovercraft. Drift is better than grip, but that's not saying much.

If you're not impressed with AC physics, then I suggest you steer well clear from this game.

I get you didn't like the game and you are trying your darnedest to keep me away from this so-called failure, but how do you know I won't like it? So what if the customization isn't Midnight Club level awesome? So what if the handling model favours drift (barely)? Despite your warnings, I still plan on getting this game.

EDIT: you know what, after seeing some reviews, I'm not so sure anymore. Thanks for (not quite yet) smashing my hopes for this game.

Last edited:
I get you didn't like the game and you are trying your darnedest to keep me away from this so-called failure, but how do you know I won't like it? So what if the customization isn't Midnight Club level awesome? So what if the handling model favours drift (barely)? Despite your warnings, I still plan on getting this game.

EDIT: you know what, after seeing some reviews, I'm not so sure anymore. Thanks for (not quite yet) smashing my hopes for this game.

Let me offer a balanced take. ( I'm sure I'll be flamed for saying so, because haters gonna hate, and there are PLENTY of those on this forum).

The handling is bad. It is very frustrating. It is NOT, however, impossible to control or impossible to win. Again I say, it is very frustrating.

If you love to customize cars, the game is a must-buy. Notice I said LOVE. If your thing is slapping on a preset body kit, a square and a circle decal somewhere, and tinting the windows, there will not be much replayability for you. If you love to create custom works of art and make each car truly your own creation, then it is a must-buy.

I really don't get the hate for the story and/or cheesy cutscenes. Yes, they're there. Yes, they're cheesy. If you expect anything else, you haven't played any NFS games before.

My suggestion is, go to the official website. Look at the car list. Decide if there are ten vehicles on there you would really like to customize and make your own. If there are, the buy the game.

If you do like it, you'd be 1 in a million :lol: It's absolutely odd how it got around to being what it currently is. However, he was just giving you advice about the game, since you originally asked. They are valid complaints, so I'd heed the warnings. Drift isn't barely favored, its the only one that is actually useful, for the most part. If its around 10 bucks I would say get it, but otherwise, this game was a waste of money.

I used to get the urge to play it, but every time I got on I was short on cash, and because of the horrendous handling model made I'd quit out of the game faster than I opened it up.

If you love to customize cars, the game is a must-buy. Notice I said LOVE. If your thing is slapping on a preset body kit, a square and a circle decal somewhere, and tinting the windows, there will not be much replayability for you. If you love to create custom works of art and make each car truly your own creation, then it is a must-buy.

As a counter-point: pretty much this same thing can be done in the Forza series as well (with exception to graphics on the glass of the car), but with a vastly more diverse car lineup and physics that don't so closely resemble what a dog tends to leave on the lawn. Horizon or Motorsport, really.

Admittedly, that's not an option for those on PS4: I can't think of a direct rival if you're looking for visual customization freedom. But on XB1, I can't think of many reasons someone would choose NFS. I suppose the handful of exclusive cars (Porsche and the RWB mods, Hoonicorn), slightly deeper customization, and...

Nope, that's it.

I suppose if it's super-cheap, and you're a photomode fan (and don't mind the always-night-and-raining atmosphere), it's worth picking up.

Back