Need for Speed Heat Update This Week Brings Black Market and McLaren F1

Mclaren F1 is the paid DLC and it cost $5:

nfs-1920x1080-mclaren.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

Link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/need...peed-heat/news/nfs-heat-black-market-delivery

The way I see it, the five dollars gets you an iconic car which should be highly customisable and brings some more events to the game.

It is still pretty expensive, but it stings less than "$5 for one car."

I love this game but $5 for one car is absolutely ridiculous, especially when games like The Crew 2 and GT Sport add cars monthly for free, zero, nada.
Also back in Payback $5 would get you 2 cars that had plenty of customization.

Actually, I prefer the way FH4 includes cars into the game. All for free, complete easy challenges, the cars are yours after completion.

I've read this one will have challenges too, but I'm not paying $5 dollars for one car, or any car, in a game I don't trust... Yes it can have extensive customization, but I couldn't care less about that tbh.

I'm confused do we have to do the challenges and then the cars are our's to keep or are the challenges for the upgrade parts only?

One car, $5, one "no so good game". GTS have over 100 free cars, NfS one for five bucks...
You mean that same GTS that offers you an option to buy virtual cars for 3$ each?
I am not surprised for the content. Payback had similar dlc. I am surprised it took soo long for this. I hope things will change in the future. Literally every damn game nowadays has better support than this franchise.

$5 seems steep for this car, but the beauty of it is if you don't want it, you don't have to get it!

GTS Sells DLC cars for prices as high as $3.99, doesn't seem that much different to me.

I understand this is a weird take, but I'd happily pay for my updates compared to what GTS is doing. Free is only good when you're getting what you want, which for the most part I haven't been getting. I like being able to skip what I don't want.

$5 seems steep for this car, but the beauty of it is if you don't want it, you don't have to get it!

GTS Sells DLC cars for prices as high as $3.99, doesn't seem that much different to me.

I understand this is a weird take, but I'd happily pay for my updates compared to what GTS is doing. Free is only good when you're getting what you want, which for the most part I haven't been getting. I like being able to skip what I don't want.
I mean you can just not buy the cars you don't like in GTS. How is that any different than skipping a paid DLC pack you don't want?

I mean you can just not buy the cars you don't like in GTS. How is that any different than skipping a paid DLC pack you don't want?
Still have to sit through the update. If that ends up being the case for this DLC that'll suck, but there's some hope that they won't be as big as the GTS updates.

What I would do, is wait for someone to make a video on how this whole thing would work. I'm not paying money, but I'm willing to give this game a chance for a change if it's good.

*Waits*

5 bucks for one car :lol: thank god i stop playing this mess on a game.

But not surprising we're talking about EA here guess its better then a lootbox :rolleyes:

Captain obvious pointing out that cars can be purchased with in-game credits. WOW WHEN DID THEY ADD THAT FEATURE?!?!?!?!

People get triggered so easily when GTS get's mentioned :lol:.

I'm having a lot of fun with the game, so I'm not bothered with $5. But to each their own.

$5 for the Mclaren F1? Errr, I think I will pass on that. Maybe if it was $2-3, but $5.00 can buy you a whole dlc pack of cars in some other games.

-----
Captain obvious pointing out that cars can be purchased with in-game credits.
He pointed it out because it seemed like you forgot that little detail when comparing GTS's DLC to NFS Heat's. They're not exactly the same thing.

Heat gave so much hope for the NFS to comeback, but this DLC and latest news just kinda ruined the whole first impression. Really expected a great content for those 5 dollars, what a fool I am:).

He pointed it out because it seemed like you forgot that little detail when comparing GTS's DLC to NFS Heat's. They're not exactly the same thing.
"GTS Sells DLC cars for prices as high as $3.99, doesn't seem that much different to me."

So "doesn't seem that much different to me." equates to "They're exactly the same" all of a sudden. And implying that I don't know that cars can be bought using in game credits is pretty condescending. But that's pretty on-brand for the GTS lovers.

Over 4 months of waiting, and we get only 2 cars. GTS might have spoiled me but i'm definitely not paying for that. It's pretty disappointing considering the F1 is my favorite car of all time.

So "doesn't seem that much different to me." equates to "They're exactly the same" all of a sudden.
Depending on the context, yes it can. The context you were saying that sounds pretty much like you think the dlc types you think they're the same.

And implying that I don't know that cars can be bought using in game credits is pretty condescending.
Well, your opinion (no matter your intention) sounded condescending in the first place. So, it's no surprise that someone is going to be condescending back.

Depending on the context, yes it can. The context you were saying that sounds pretty much like you think the dlc types you think they're the same.

Well, your opinion (no matter your intention) sounded condescending in the first place. So, it's no surprise that someone is going to be condescending back.
The next words after my condescending message were "I understand this is a weird take". Like how much more clear do I have to be that I don't expect everyone to agree with me? But again, this is what happens when GTS gets mentioned on this site.

Not too much. I will come back to this game if they going to add option to earn money during night.

Underrated comment right here ˆ ! I agree 1000%. Daytime feels too "meh"..
After hitting the last level there's nothing rewarding about driving at night anymore.

$5 should mean more playable content as in races and events as opposed to just a new car which you'll be bored after 10 mins.
#MakeNFSGreatAgain

Not going to lie here. When I saw the words "Black Market", the first thing I thought was micro-transactions. Glad I'm wrong based on what I read here, but the content has not been released yet.

I can't, however, justify the price point for the McLaren. Even if it's an iconic car, essentially $5 + tax for one car is too much. The $5 dollar price point should be for car packs. 2 or 3 at minimum. To me, this doesn't bode well.

The next words after my condescending message were "I understand this is a weird take". Like how much more clear do I have to be that I don't expect everyone to agree with me?
Oh that's what you meant by weird take? I honestly thought you were talking about the DLC being a weird take, not your opinion. :lol:
Well, I can't really say for the other guy. For me though, I would just rephrase it for something like "Yes, I'm aware that my opinion is odd" or something.

With that said, that is exceptionally a weird opinion to have. I can't rationalize nor justify spending $5 for a car when there's dlc packs out there that go for similar prices on other games. Even if I didn't want the cars, I still rather have 3 dlc cars for free versus spending that much on a car. At the very least, I have the option of giving the cars a try.

I know you also said you didn't have to wait for updates, but that still doesn't make any sense to me. Also, wouldn't NFS Heat still have to update for the dlc cars, even if you don't have them? I'm pretty sure it does.

Underrated comment right here ˆ ! I agree 1000%. Daytime feels too "meh"..
After hitting the last level there's nothing rewarding about driving at night anymore.

$5 should mean more playable content as in races and events as opposed to just a new car which you'll be bored after 10 mins.
#MakeNFSGreatAgain

Thank you. To be honest this is only feature i would like to see and only feature this NFS needs. Other cars etc. Are just bonus content. It would be much better earning money the fun way.
Damn even give me this multiplayer and option to lose all if busted.

I'm just gonna wait till they release more DLCs and bundle them all in a cheaper pack down the line. Not in a rush to try out the new cars, I'm still only halfway through testing all 133 cars already in the game :lol:

Back