Need for Speed Heat's Final Update Brings Full Cross-Platform Play

If they decided to cut Heat’s post-launch support short in order to have a new NFS this year, I’d be fine with that. I’m not sure how much the addition of various features - even stuff like speedlists - would’ve helped Heat on a more basal level. I might still get Heat if it gets a heavy discount, like maybe $20 - I don’t mind missing out on the deluxe edition, either.

That said, I still think cross-play is a very cool thing to add, and hope it sets a precedent for future NFS titles, and maybe even other EA properties like Battlefield.

If they decided to cut Heat’s post-launch support short in order to have a new NFS this year, I’d be fine with that. I’m not sure how much the addition of various features - even stuff like speedlists - would’ve helped Heat on a more basal level. I might still get Heat if it gets a heavy discount, like maybe $20 - I don’t mind missing out on the deluxe edition, either.

That said, I still think cross-play is a very cool thing to add, and hope it sets a precedent for future NFS titles, and maybe even other EA properties like Battlefield.

Im the same when it comes to need for speed games Im waiting for a mega discount as they're only snack games I never finish them or put many hours in either but can be amusing for a bit.

If they decided to cut Heat’s post-launch support short in order to have a new NFS this year, I’d be fine with that.

I think Need For Speed would rather stick with the 2-year development cycle, but that would break the chain of Need For Speed having launch titles for a new console generation since Most Wanted 2005 so Criterion may be under pressure to get a new title out within the launch window. Our best shot at finding out is during the EA Play conference next week.

Damn this is some ********, bought this game for nearly $70 because the currency in my country is messed up, and it didn't even last a year. Don't think I'll be buying a new NFS any soon.

Cross play sure good, there very little cheaters on Playstation, it is going to change soon I guess. Hope in a very distant future people can choose, play or not with PC crowd. No offence, but GTA probably is the most terrible online experience on PC.

I hope, they also add a 400+ option for all races. I can't believe, that this isn't done already.

Really enjoyed this game, too bad that it is dead. I hope they don't rush the next part for the console release but take their time.

Back