Need For Speed: Most Wanted 2012

• Thread starter Ddrizle
  • 4,285 comments
I'm trying to find a solution for the Speedpoints issue that is currently affecting most versions of this game. It occurs since march 2016 i believe. Im unable to mod my car since everytime i play online my speedpoints (SP) and speedlevel (SL) is dropping back to zero, immedately after receiving these points its resetting back to zero... very frustrating. Im unable to achieve goals in the game, upgrade my car etc.

Hopefully someone can advice me what to do.

Here is a forum link for more information: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Need-for-Speed-Most-Wanted/bd-p/need-for-speed-most-wanted

I'm trying to find a solution for the Speedpoints issue that is currently affecting most versions of this game. It occurs since march 2016 i believe. Im unable to mod my car since everytime i play online my speedpoints (SP) and speedlevel (SL) is dropping back to zero, immedately after receiving these points its resetting back to zero... very frustrating. Im unable to achieve goals in the game, upgrade my car etc.

Hopefully someone can advice me what to do.

Here is a forum link for more information: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Need-for-Speed-Most-Wanted/bd-p/need-for-speed-most-wanted
Has this been happening to everyone? I've been meaning to come back and try for platinum but not if this'll happen.

Maybe if the title wasn't named Most Wanted, then maybe this game wouldn't get a lot of hate?

Right now I'm trying to platinum Most Wanted '12 (Vita) and the lack of friends is what stopping me from trying to platinum Most Wanted.

Maybe if the title wasn't named Most Wanted, then maybe this game wouldn't get a lot of hate?

Right now I'm trying to platinum Most Wanted '12 (Vita) and the lack of friends is what stopping me from trying to platinum Most Wanted.
Flick me a friend request. I might have to download the game but I can help out with the trophies.

That reminds me of the controversy surrounding "DiRT" Showdown. Like Most Wanted 2012, it wasn't a bad game per se, but it provided an experience that was completely different from what the title would suggest and that's what caused the hate.

That reminds me of the controversy surrounding "DiRT" Showdown. Like Most Wanted 2012, it wasn't a bad game per se, but it provided an experience that was completely different from what the title would suggest and that's what caused the hate.
But if the title was different then what should it be then? Maybe Need For Speed X Burnout?

But if the title was different then what should it be then?

Ideally not a title associated with a huge cult following.

But then again, the cut content and concepts video shows Most Wanted 2012 could have potentially lived up to the name but the studio didn't have enough time to put all those ideas into action. By the time Criterion realised it actually isn't a worthy successor to Most Wanted 2005, it was too late to change the name.

I personally found this Most Wanted to be one of my favourite arcade racers ever.

And it depends on what people have in mind when they say cult following. Some of these kids need to realize that 6 other Need For Speed games existed before Underground, and those games also have a cult following.

For me this game is what the future of NFS should've been, blazing fast and frantic racing, a mix of classic NFS with Burnout. After all it's Need For SPEED, not Need To Rice.
Also the title wasn't misleading, it was just Criterion's take on it. Not being the most wanted player withing the game, but among your friends. Best times, who had a better jump on a billboard, speed cams etc.

Multiplayer was and is still played to this day on PS3 at least, loads of people even on DLC map, even more on non airport map. And after almost 5 years... it speaks for itself.
There's a nice party vibe to it, even a drive to a meet up can be a race in itself. Sure, sometimes there are some bad playlists like 5 Challenges in Exotics which no one likes, but most of the time it's a nice balanced mix of 3 races and 2 others. And it's very, very competitive.

The map is also awesome, it's layout is made with speed in mind. Theo complained about drifting being to easy, well duh, it's an arcade racer. It's point is to go as fast as you can.
Also note, Venom isn't the fastest car in the game. With long gears Agera R and Veyron go up to 281mph, with Venom at 264. With Short gears it's around 260-something for the first two and 240-something for Venom, if I remember correctly.

Also a short memo on cops, yes they are slow on heat level 1 obviously. But come level 2 and they roll out with Chargers, 3 adds Explorers aka Rhino's, 4 is a strong mix of previous 2, 5 comes with Corvettes and spikestrips and 6 is none other than SWAT with Riot Trucks.

Is it perfect? Nah, no games is but if this direction was on track we could've had an awesome future for NFS. Instead a bunch of grown teens whining "we needz kustomization", 2 years and it was a total let down. The promised customization was limited, very limited. Cops were weak, so weak you could literally get away in a stock Volvo. The handling was horrible, it gives Pro Street run for it's money.

Well that's just my opinion, that's about all.

There is one thing I like from the Vita version though. Since there's no DLCs I won't have to worry about online players driving Hennessey Venoms.

There is one thing I like from the Vita version though. Since there's no DLCs I won't have to worry about online players driving Hennessey Venoms.
It really isn't as OP as people make it out to be, though. It's biggest strength is acceleration (and also billboard jumps, but a competent driver with an Agera can easily hang with it. I found myself using the Agera a lot of times myself online despite owing the Venom just to drive something other than the Venom and still won plenty of races against it. And from my experience, the douchey players always went for the Raptor or Dom's Charger (for DLC doucheness) as the de facto trollmobile over the Venom.

Don't get me wrong, I actually enjoyed Most Wanted 2012 and thought multiplayer was a blast; perhaps the most enjoyable and varied experience in any Need For Speed game ever. With that said, it is not the sort of direction I would have liked Need For Speed to take in the long term. In-depth performance and visual customisation are desirable for me, as are a other things associated with the Underground racing vibe.

Having a horn was great for getting people to follow you to complete challenges, but then there's always the 20% of the group who don't know what to do and are smashing everyone they see not stop.

It really isn't as OP as people make it out to be, though. It's biggest strength is acceleration (and also billboard jumps, but a competent driver with an Agera can easily hang with it. I found myself using the Agera a lot of times myself online despite owing the Venom just to drive something other than the Venom and still won plenty of races against it. And from my experience, the douchey players always went for the Raptor or Dom's Charger (for DLC doucheness) as the de facto trollmobile over the Venom.
In my experience in the PC version (I didn't bought any DLC that time), I hate it when the Speedlist doesn't have any car restriction because I know players will end up in either the Veyron, Agera R, or the ****ing Venom. I'm fine with those who are driving the first two but the Venom? It restricts me from using any other car I want forcing me to go with thr Agera. And the worst part is that my Agera doesn't have any Pro parts yet putting me in a disadvantage.

Honestly, the Venom isn't that much of a problem.
I can win races on a ZOnda R, a Gt-R, a Lexus, or any other fairly quick car, even on a lambo diablo. if it isn't a high race, Its winnable with fairly good driving.

the game itself is pretty fun on the online mode. Granted, its not a ricing up cop running game,. its basicly burnout paradise 2, with real cars. but its fun. that's that

I've been driving my ZR1 & Diablo for years now. I drove all of them (literally I've unlocked all mods 4 all cars), but I found those two to the best for my liking. For one Diablo SV is a NFS classic, two both have amazing handling where you don't even have to tap the breaks to drift... apart from the sharp ones.
Just let off the gas and slide, minimal loss of speed. But like Lilium said, on races like Around The World or Trail Blazer, Agera R or Veyron are a must. I love when Venom on that long stretch of road is stuck at 245mph and you zoom by in a Veyron doing 271 and going up XD.

But one thing that could've been done different is the classes online. Instead of having muscle, sport etc. they should've had tiers like in The Run or Hot Pursuit. I do like driving the Shelby GT500 and don't mind losing sometimes, it's not up to par with Viper and SL65 which shouldn't even be in a muscle class in the first place.
Cars like Shelby, Focus RS and Aston Martin DB5 should've been in like tier.1. Gallardo, Mustang, SLS tier.2 etc.

So I finally managed to get all of the DLCs and they're worth it. My thoughts for each DLC pack:

Ultimate Speed Pack- Good set of new cars. Unfortunately this DLC pack has the Venom. My favorite car/s for this car pack would have to be the Mclaren F1 LM and Pagani Zonda R.

Terminal Velocity Pack- Glad they added more Everyday class cars and the airport as well. Also nice touch on adding the Weissach model of the 918. Good DLC pack.

Movie Legends Pack- Another good DLC car pack. Glad they chose the right cars though. The Charger is the car that stands out for this car pack since it has a airscoop.

NFS Heroes Pack- Probably everyone's favorite DLC pack since it has the BMW M3 GTR (it should've been in the base game) and other well known cars from other NFS titles. I like how they featured a pre-tuned R34 and 350Z since their stock version wouldn't fit well.

Overall I'm tied to which car pack I like the most. It's either the NFS Heroes or Ultimate Speed pack for me.

Last edited:
I went on the internet, and I found this:

This is an unreleased January 2012 build of Need For Speed Most Wanted (2012).

I'm getting some Hot Pursuit 2010 vibes and the whole scenery reminded me of Most Wanted 2005 and Undercover.

Oh and is it me or the BMW M3 E92 sounded better than in the final?

I'm getting some Hot Pursuit 2010 vibes and the whole scenery reminded me of Most Wanted 2005 and Undercover.

Oh and is it me or the BMW M3 E92 sounded better than in the final?
I feel that the BMW M3 E92's engine sound in the final version is more muscular, as it sounds like that in real life.

What I've noticed so far:

- Dark overdone dialouge. I'm pretty sure someone on the staff was watching Heat prior to this.
- From what I can tell, the map is just a really early version of Fairhaven.
- Really early CVPI model, surprised they didn't just reuse the model from NFSHP.
- Did the final game have rain/weather? I don't remember if it did or not.
- Gameplay pretty much looks like NFSHP, probably was going be changed later on like in the final game.

What I've noticed so far:

- Dark overdone dialouge. I'm pretty sure someone on the staff was watching Heat prior to this.
- From what I can tell, the map is just a really early version of Fairhaven.
- Really early CVPI model, surprised they didn't just reuse the model from NFSHP.
- Did the final game have rain/weather? I don't remember if it did or not.
- Gameplay pretty much looks like NFSHP, probably was going be changed later on like in the final game.
The final game did not have weather. It is just that the road always looks wet.

Just watched both things, and I hate to say it, but EA had to ruin Criterion's idea's from the start. They wanted to make a awesome adaption to the NFS franchise, and it did by the looks of it from these builds of alone. So, EA themselves just wanted another Burnout style game because Burnout Paradise done so well over the years, so they had to repeat the formula just by the grips of those publishers like EA... It grinds my gears so much, and it was a waste of opportunity for the devs.

The deeper we get into the unreleased builds of MW2012, the more we see what MW2012 was supposed to be in the first place.

Again the scenery reminds me of what I mentioned last time but this time it has more of that MW '05 feel now than Undercover. The menu sound on the other hand they reused it from Hot Pursuit 2010.

The title name design really had some inspiration over the original Most Wanted and not the modern look.

I noticed that the single player mode had that The Run feel where you choose an chapter/story and you continue from there.

So it seems that MW2012 originally supposed to have weapons as well like in Hot Pursuit 2010.

Another thing I noticed is the physics. It feels more grippier there than in the final game. Maybe it's just due to the car it was using.

Other than that, Criterion really had a lot of plans for MW2012 but in the end EA decided to rush them and make MW2012 a Burnout Paradise clone instead.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if player-controlled spike strips are still in the final game somewhere. They’re usable in this early build, and the AI Corvettes still use them in the final game.

Back