Need For Speed: Most Wanted 2012

• Thread starter Ddrizle
  • 4,285 comments
For those who used the Autolog section on the needforspeed website to track your collectibles, I have some bad news for you.
We want to let everyone know that as of August 20, the Need for Speed Most Wanted Autolog experience on www.needforspeed.com will be closed down. To be clear, this only affects the Autolog service on the Need for Speed website – you can of course still use Autolog in-game in Need for Speed Most Wanted and via the Companion App. The number of players using Autolog via the website has become very small, and we’ve made the tough decision to focus resources on the in-game experience. We hope you enjoy many more hours on Autolog as you play Need for Speed Most Wanted.

We will soon be announcing exciting news regarding the evolution of Autolog and the Need For Speed Network, stay tuned.
Most likely to make room for Rivals, because it is only 3 months away from now.

Obviously, they have done the same with The Run.
Why can't they keel Autolog running for older games? You could just have a menu to select what game Autolog you want to see. In Shift 2 and Hot Pursuit, you can't even upload pictures now since Autolog for them shut down :irked:

You obviously don't know that Game Sharing is an illegal activity. You also don't know that such illegal activities can't be discussed here.

It's against the ToS but not the law. You won't be arrested for gamesharing. Call the police if you care that much and see what they think...👍

Don't quote me on it but I'm pretty sure sharing any kind of paid downloadable content, be it additional DLC or a whole game, is shareable when you allow someone else to access your PSN account. They can download your purchases and store them on their system. This used to be possible across 5 systems but Sony has changed this about a year ago if I remember correct, and now you can only activate your account on 2 PS3s at a time. Activated means when you log in you may download the purchases on that system. I'm too tired to search backup sources for this right now but I'm pretty sure it's like this, and then it's not against the law or even the Terms of Service of PSN, unless the ToS limit the account share somehow (though that'd be quite stupid since you will have to choose wisely which second PS3 you activate your PSN on anyway).

After a Premium forum blowup, I was figuring I'd let the heat cool off for a while, but I think I've found something worth mentioning here:

You know how the Smash 'n' Grab events are glitched and will freeze your PS3? You know how EA is apparently never going to patch that, or the Jaguar XKR mod glitch they introduced in the most recent patch?

That's recently started happening to me. Then my gamesave got corrupted when the game froze leaving online, so I've been working my way back up from the start. I decided I'd "pro out" the cars in order from worst to best, according to a document I found (it's a spreadsheet, available on Google Docs and linked to in a GameFAQs post. I haven't been able to find one that includes the March DLC cars.)

So I get to Destruction Site, running the Ford F-150 (apparently the worst car in the game, though I'd say it's better than the Evoque). Every single time, the game freezes just before the results screen appears. But I really wanted the drift tires, to make the F-150 a little bit less like a supertanker, so I kept trying and eventually tried some rather desperate solutions.

Solution 1: Turn off music. I'd heard of personal BGM causing this game to freeze before, so I decided to turn my music off (by holding the "next track" button, not by going into the menu) and see if that helped. It didn't, though forgetting to turn it off until the event started might have had something to do with that.

Solution 2: Drive very carefully. Due to lots of wear and tear, the left side of the left stick area on my DS3 has a lot of plastic broken off. That allows the stick to lean over far enough to trigger the R1 and D-pad right inputs. It's the latter that's of interest here, since it brings up EasyDrive. I figured maybe something about using EasyDrive during the event would trigger the game freezes. Not sure if it's this or the next one, but eventually, something worked.

Solution 3: Pause just before the event ends. I paused with just over half a second left, and if I could have cut it closer I would have. TBH, I'm not sure why I thought that would work.

Solution 4: Cut the coax, so to speak. I lost connection to Autolog on my way to the event.

If your file gets corrupted, does that affect your online profile as well? I was playing with a friend earlier and it froze, started it back up and corrupted file.

If your file gets corrupted, does that affect your online profile as well? I was playing with a friend earlier and it froze, started it back up and corrupted file.

Nope. My got corrupted, but when I when online right after I restarted all of my unlocked cars were still unlocked and I could re install everything back on the cars. Only single player is affected by a corrupted file.

Nope. My got corrupted, but when I when online right after I restarted all of my unlocked cars were still unlocked and I could re install everything back on the cars. Only single player is affected by a corrupted file.

Cool thanks. I'm not to fussed about the offline but I still play online with friends once in a while, glad I don't have to redo that as well.

Your online cars will be reset to stock with standard Burn nitrous, but all your mods, colors, license plates, milestones, and records will remain on file. Note that some records can go a bit wonky, however: if you go through a speed camera or billboard without setting a new record, it'll still say you set the record with whatever the first car you went through it on the new file was. I have a record of 222.something MPH on the speed camera just west of the McClane Bridge on I-92, and it says I did it in a Porsche 911 Carerra S because of that glitch.

Finding all the billboards, speed cameras, jack spots, and security gates, and being unable to teleport into most races, will probably be the most annoying part of starting over.

I played it about a month ago, and I didn't have any problems. Around March-April everything was fine, and my game wasn't feezing anymore. The smash'n'grabs had no effect on my Ps3.

Your online cars will be reset to stock with standard Burn nitrous, but all your mods, colors, license plates, milestones, and records will remain on file. Note that some records can go a bit wonky, however: if you go through a speed camera or billboard without setting a new record, it'll still say you set the record with whatever the first car you went through it on the new file was. I have a record of 222.something MPH on the speed camera just west of the McClane Bridge on I-92, and it says I did it in a Porsche 911 Carerra S because of that glitch.

Finding all the billboards, speed cameras, jack spots, and security gates, and being unable to teleport into most races, will probably be the most annoying part of starting over.

Thanks for that. 👍 Honestly I don't really plan on starting over. Maybe just do a handful of races, but I'm not gonna bother completely completing it again.

Speaking of getting corrupted... my online level's just been reset. A while ago I mentioned having a glitched double SpeedPoints, and I even wet to EA Support about it.

And now I'm back at level one, welcoming me to Most Wanted Online :irked:

I think I can get the Platinum Trophy for this by the end of the Weekend :D. I've got four trophies left which include two single-player and two multi-player. I have to smash the rest of the billboards and security gates (have less then 15 gates left) for single-player. For multi-player, I have to earn three Pro Mods and play in a custom speed list.

Well it's EA. Obviously when a game becomes a On The House game, for me at least all extra content must be there. So I'm guessing this is a no.

Well at least we get a game that is worth being part of On The House special. SimCity2000 and Battlefield 3 were the greatest additions to On The House but now we have a new member.

Well it's EA. Obviously when a game becomes a On The House game, for me at least all extra content must be there. So I'm guessing this is a no.

Well at least we get a game that is worth being part of On The House special. SimCity2000 and Battlefield 3 were the greatest additions to On The House but now we have a new member.

As you're saying, it's EA... of course there's a catch. Here's a free game, enjoy the menu tickers telling you to purchase all the DLCs.

Maybe I'm negative because I bought Most Wanted on PC already, and because Criterion never fixed all the sounds they broke with the last update. On the other hand, at least it runs at 60fps. And the camera mod is a very useful all in one utility, the cockpits aren't too detailed but just having a steady hood camera is quite nice and was somehow forgotten in the original game, and you can use it as photomode too.

As you're saying, it's EA... of course there's a catch. Here's a free game, enjoy the menu tickers telling you to purchase all the DLCs.

Maybe I'm negative because I bought Most Wanted on PC already, and because Criterion never fixed all the sounds they broke with the last update. On the other hand, at least it runs at 60fps. And the camera mod is a very useful all in one utility, the cockpits aren't too detailed but just having a steady hood camera is quite nice and was somehow forgotten in the original game, and you can use it as photomode too.
DLCs? Man we're on PC. I can just basically find a 🤬.

Back