Need For Speed Payback General Discussion

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 1,566 comments
Hello friends, I noticed, If I write ; needforspeedredline.com Brings you to the official site! Is the clue we were looking for? NEED FOR SPEED RED LINE Is the new game 2017!

^^^ Would fit. Since they didn't give us a redline on the tach until players requested it in 2015, I hope they manage to get that detail right from the start if they do go with that name. :lol:

After playing the game a little bit last night something occurred to me. For a small but significant tweak to enhance the customization, I would prefer that they back off the camera a little bit when selecting wheels, exhaust, and body kit components. The camera is so zoomed in to that particular part, it's difficult to get a feel for how cohesive it is with the design of the car. The only way to objectively view it is to purchase the part, which you are stuck with if you don't like it.

Most importantly, this game needs to have proper physics, because the 2015 physics were so bad there pretty much weren't any. Even the physics in Rivals were better, and those were bad in itself.

Otherwise, a car list that isn't terrible, dynamic time of day and weather, good police, better customization across all cars and a better story are necessary as well to make this game worth playing.

I know it's all just speculation at this point, but it does sound like there could be some off-roading involved. I really don't care if this is the case because I'm not into off-roading. I just realized that it could be cool to bring back SUVs like we had in NFSU2. I'm thinking with the long relationship EA has had with Lamborghini, this would be the perfect opportunity to show off the new Lamborghini Urus designated to be released next year.

Let's also hope they will name the game this time, and not call it "the" "Need For Speed"
Because of that crappy PR, everyone is calling it 2015.

Let's also hope they will name the game this time, and not call it "the" "Need For Speed"
Because of that crappy PR, everyone is calling it 2015.

Which is really "2016" for us PC gamers :cheers:

While I was on the subject of customization, I would like to see them give us a wider range of ride height and camber adjustments, and embrace some of the possibilities that were called "glitches" in 2015 (2016 ;)). They should allow us to remove the hood on most cars; remove the top on targa, convertible, and spyder cars, you know, stuff like that.

Also it would be cool if they would include police equipment like brush guards and light bars!

And also let's not forget the option of making a saloon/coupe into a caravan.
Like and A6 into an Avant with a simple part selection.

VXR
The one I drive in work feels way more usable than 15 did!

Well that's good. I can't imagine how difficult it would be traversing a warehouse with random magnetic forces suddenly pulling you into things :lol:

Hello friends, I noticed, If I write ; needforspeedredline.com Brings you to the official site! Is the clue we were looking for? NEED FOR SPEED RED LINE Is the new game 2017!

No, no, no, no! Ben Walke said that Red Line is not the title of the new Need for Speed. I checked other titles and they also brings to needforspeed.com ;) for example: needforspeedproven.com, needforspeeddriftkings.com, needforspeedundergroundeast.com...

all:
(Boost, Driftkings, Lightning, Eliminator, Streetkings, Proven, Overdrive, Red Line, Takedown, Timeattack, Underground East)

Most of those names are retarded. Underground East is actually not terrible... IF they released a West, South, etc.. each with completely different motoring cultures. "Underground" would essentially be an umbrella term for the franchise. Which.... is pointless, because that's already what "Need For Speed" is.

The main thing, which is offline, they've got. Now I would like them to keep exotic cars without going too exotic (like they did in NFS 2015) and please drop the garage limit. I like to have all the cars.

The main thing, which is offline, they've got. Now I would like them to keep exotic cars without going too exotic (like they did in NFS 2015) and please drop the garage limit. I like to have all the cars.

What is exotic without too exotic?

My opinion is this: If there is an aftermarket for the car, then the car belongs. Liberty Walk produces kits for several exotics for example. If the game is about racing dream cars and customizing them, why wouldn't they include Lamborghinis and Ferraris?

...Dirt as a surface type seems like an odd inclusion. To me, NFS should focus on Tarmac driving only for their open-worlds. Leave the off-roading too Forza Horizon & Dirt 4...
NFS Most Wanted had off-road parts, through parks and the occasional field if I recall - made it varied.

I would like a day-night cycle as long as it isn't a ridiculously short one. I would hate starting a longer race during broad daylight and having it end at night...
If a full day/night is included, you just know there's going to be at least one race that does that - it's a racing game staple.

What is exotic without too exotic?

My opinion is this: If there is an aftermarket for the car, then the car belongs. Liberty Walk produces kits for several exotics for example. If the game is about racing dream cars and customizing them, why wouldn't they include Lamborghinis and Ferraris?

Don't get me wrong, I like exotics. My point where I draw the line of too exotic would be the hypercar elite: cars like the Chiron, Regera, Huayra are a bit too exclusive and expensive to be believable as street racing machines. Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Porsches, Astons and Mclarens which are more standard and mass produced are most certainly welcome. That's what I think.

Don't get me wrong, I like exotics. My point where I draw the line of too exotic would be the hypercar elite: cars like the Chiron, Regera, Huayra are a bit too exclusive and expensive to be believable as street racing machines. Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Porsches, Astons and Mclarens which are more standard and mass produced are most certainly welcome. That's what I think.

Okay I understand what you were saying now. I'm fine with that. Lamborghini is my favorite marque, so I'm all for including them in the game. The hypercars I can take or leave. Again, my philosophy is that if there are aftermarket parts made for a car, they deserve to be in the game. Bugatti, Koenigsegg and the likes are so incredibly engineered, there's really nothing you can do to make them better. So I can see how they wouldn't necessarily belong.

I like cars IRL and not just virtual ones, so I was making my daily trip to Speedhunters, and I saw this tidbit from Dalle Dino Carbonare: "Last week I headed over to Nagano to meet with the Garage Mak folks on some Need for Speed-related business, something that will make the franchise’s next game even more special."

Garage Mak is a tuning shop that specializes in the Z33 (350Z) platform, so.... there you go.

Just took this screenshot from NFS's Instagram story.

Screenshot_20170530-165019.png

Thanks to Snapseed, I could get this:

Screenshot_20170530-165019-01.jpeg

It kinda reminds me a bit of Fairhaven with that smog.

But other than that, there's nothing much else to say.

I'm sure it will still be a fictional place, but that "space needle" reminds me of Seattle.

Edit: Nico beat me to it.

I was about to mention that as well. Maybe NFS2017 will be taking place in a fictional version of Seattle?

Coincidentally there was an EA HQ in Seattle back then and they made the Gamecube, PC, and Xbox port of Hot Pursuit 2.

Wait a sec, how about Las Vegas? @Nico_Ble99? I saw a tower like that in LV.
677967521_StratosphereTower1.jpg

It would make sense since the first NFS2017 photo had a desert like place and a motel.

Wait a sec, how about Las Vegas? @Nico_Ble99? I saw a tower like that in LV.
677967521_StratosphereTower1.jpg

It would make sense since the first NFS2017 photo had a desert like place and a motel.

Maybe, but since the tower in the screenshot looks more "skeleton-esque", I'd guess it's the Space Needle. Good point though.

Back