Need for Speed: Rivals

Most likely FB3 & the game might be on next gen systems to help push sales. We'll soon know with E3 approaching in what June? Right?

Very good point, I almost forgot about the possibility of Need for Speed: Rivals being on next-gen consoles. BF4 was confirmed to be on the PS4, so why not Need for Speed?

Last edited:
Very good point, I almost forgot about the possibility of it being on next-gen consoles. BF4 was confirmed to be on the PS4, so why not Need for Speed?

EA never said BF4 is on PS4. Or am I missing something?

I like the idea of the old/new mashup. But nevah, evah give up the old Lambo Diablo SV. Thanks to NFS HP it's my fav car in the world. Imagine the excitement when I found it it's in Forza 4!

Too bad it misses it's famous SV vinyl on the side, that was awesome!

Not so sure. It's been DLC for the past three games (Shift doesn't count) and I bet it'll be DLC for the next one. It's the kind of thing people would pay for.

O.K, following the revelation the Criterion may be making the next NFS, I've come up with a few ideas that will make the next NFS better.

-Please, no drifting. In BB's NFS games there is no mandatory drifting, actually felt like I was driving on tarmac, rather than an ice road felt in Criterion NFS games. Adding drift tyres was insane.

-Customisation. I understand why it wasn't in Hot Pursuit 3, but I was disappointed when Criterion shipped MW without the ability to customise nothing except performance was insulting to me (I've played every Black Box NFS). If you fit the Aero Body, it looks exactly the same. At least make it look more aerodynamic. I also was hoping for vinyl creation (Carbon, Undercover etc) to return, but no such feature exists in Criterions games, not even Burnout.

-Police. Its too easy to evade from them, if I want to set a pursuit record, I have to slow down to let them come to me.

-Progression. For starters, force players to do battle with the police to progress (especially if they make another MW). Maybe give players a reason to progress. In MW 2005, your hot car got stolen by a gangster. You progressed solely to get this car back. In MW 2012, you enter Fairhaven, and you become Most Wanted for no reason at all.

If Criterion (or Ghost, dependant on whos developing it) can't make their next NFS a true NFS, they shouldn't be making NFS at all. In fact, Criterion isn't a good fit for NFS in my view and should've just let the Slightly Mad and Black Box development cycle run its course while they made Burnout 6. Many people will disagree, but Black Box was a good dev team and I hope that they realise free to play isn't the right direction for them, and come back to make more NFS games.

CG should of been kept on Burnout or asked to make Black 2 (yes they can make a decent FPS) but EA knowing they are an excellent dev team under them made them think they could pull NFS out of the gutter. HP was a good game but had no replay value unless you cared about times. MW added some replay valuet in but made it to much like Burnout but without the flash of Burnout.

nfs_underground_rumor.jpg

The above logo, sent to us by an anonymous source, was indicated to be part of the title’s box art for the Xbox 360 version of Criterion’s supposed Need for Speed: Underground, corroborating other talk we’ve heard about a Criterion-developed Underground.

According to the source, the title will be set in Bayview—though a rebooted, original Bayview, not Underground 2′s.

While it’s possible that this logo is nothing more than an early mockup—a likely scenario, given the timing, the repeated elements, and the inclusion of real-world landmarks like London’s Big Ben and Rome’s Colosseum—similarities between the source’s report and earlier information received by EGM leads us to believe that the image is most likely linked to a real project currently in development.

The rumor is further supported by the LinkedIn profiles of several Criterion employees, which make mention of an “unannounced racing title” and “unannounced title” of EA’s expected to release sometime this year.

There better not ruin the underground name, they cant really change it in the way they did most wanted. Huge customisations, street racing with drifting in city locations like car parks etc. loved UG2 so want a geneticly linked game not a friend of family game. Boot builds and neons can stay too. So many different types of show looks have come about in the last few years, rat look, hella flush, even drifting has a show look, classic look (shell swapping new for old). Bring it on for PS4

Oh god, why Underground? Out of all the NFS I've played, I can't stand Underground's chessey voice acting. I like the gameplay however, so if Criterion eliminate drifting (not good for a tuner import game) and get decent VAs this could be a winner. Oh, they'll screw up big time if I can't put flames all over my car and participate in photoshoots. Mods need to be good as well, body kits are a must as well as neons. If Criterion add hydrolics (ala Underground 2), I'll pick this up.

Last edited:
Oh god, why Underground? Out of all the NFS I've played, I can't stand Underground's chessey voice acting. I like the gameplay however, so if Criterion eliminate drifting (not good for a tuner import game) and get decent VAs this could be a winner. Oh, they'll screw up big time if I can't put flames all over my car and participate in photoshoots. Mods need to be good as well, body kits are a must as well as neons. If Criterion add hydrolics (ala Underground 2), I'll pick this up.
What? That was a staple feature in all four games of the Underground series. You can't not have cheesy voice acting :lol:

What? That was a staple feature in all four games of the Underground series. You can't not have cheesy voice acting :lol:

Rachel's VA tried too hard. MW and Carbon's VAs weren't as "Yo homie lets race" kind of thing.

Still don't believe it's CG game. There's no way they're releasing another game THIS BUCKING SOON. All we know that's Ghost's game not CG's.

Still don't believe it's CG game. There's no way they're releasing another game THIS BUCKING SOON. All we know that's Ghost's game not CG's.

Black Box did roll out MW one year after Underground 2, its possible its a CG game, but it does lack the "A Criterion Game" imprint. If this is real, EA will be forced to reveal early like what they did with The Run.

You are comparing PS2 to PS3 buddy. They can't turn out good games yearly like they did on PS2 since these newer games have twice as much stuff in them. NFS kept that trend up on the PS3 & tanked hard. EA won't make that mistake again.

They already messed with the Hot Pursuit name, last year they completely screwed the Most Wanted name (a Burnout called NFS? Jeez..), now Underground? [sarcasm] 5 bucks say High Stakes is next [/sarcasm]. Until they can finally put together a real NFS they won't get my money 👎 before you start asking about what a real NFS game is look back at games like NFS3, High Stakes and HP2

Back