Need for Speed: Rivals

Read up dude because Ghost was confirmed to be making the next NFS game for over a year now.

Well they still sponsor an Audi R8 LMS in the FIA GT1 championship so who knows what that might end in..

Underground 3 please!

This, with a more enthusiast-based car roster. No supercars, just cars you'd actually see out street racing on the weekend in any part of the world.

I got Driver: San Francisco a few months back and just seeing an R33 Skyline in there blew my mind. Combined with a lot of other cars in there, you know these guys are proper car nuts and didn't just go after what's hot at the moment. I want something like that, but based around the street racing world, in the next Need for Speed (hopefully Honda won't dip out this time). The typical more modern icons: FD RX-7, Mk4 Supra, R32/33/34 Skyline GT-R, S-chassis, Fairlady Zs, NSX, Evos, STIs; plus mix in some classics (Hakosuka Skyline, anyone?) and American/European sport compacts. Even certain 'affordable' muscle cars would work.

Last edited:
That Need for Speed logo reminds me of the logo also used on NFS Shift, could it be Shift 3? :sly:
ea15kf00.png

ea2wdfsv.png

As you can see it's very similar.
6371.nfsshiftlogoprimaryrgb.jpg

Yeh and FIFA14 in Q2, thats very soon and way before transfer window closes, thats a Q3 release like every other year.

That Need for Speed logo reminds me of the logo also used on NFS Shift, could it be Shift 3? :sly:
That's just the way the NFS name is on box arts nowadays.
nfstrps3pftfront.jpg

NeedForSpeedHotPursuit_PS3BoxArt.jpg

need-for-speed-nitro-logo1.jpg

It's just slightly personalized for each game.

In that video at 46s (when it mentions the new NFS) it goes to a career opportunity working for Criterion Games as a Audio Designer and there is a paragraph on how NFS is the best selling racing brand in the gaming world and how NFS HP became the highest rated NFS game ever.

Maybe they are developing the new game?

In that video at 46s (when it mentions the new NFS) it goes to a career opportunity working for Criterion Games as a Audio Designer and there is a paragraph on how NFS is the best selling racing brand in the gaming world and how NFS HP became the highest rated NFS game ever.

Maybe they are developing the new game?

The only reason he mentioned HP2010 was because that was the game that really brought the attention the franchise needed and got NFS back up on its feet.

The only involvement from Criterion on Need for Speed: Rivals is some help from Alex Ward. As we've known before, this is Ghost's NFS game.

Last edited:
Criterion is done with racing games for now. They are making something new. People need to keep up with the news.

In the previous article from IGN that I posted, there was a quote from an EA official saying:

"This will include breakthroughs in graphics and gameplay for some of our biggest franchises, including Battlefield, FIFA, Madden, NBA Live and Need for Speed."

This confirms that Spoil-t was right and it is cross-gen.

It's most likely going to be made by Ghost Games, and will probably use Frostbite 2, so hopefully it won't have reviews as "critical" as The Run. I'm expecting something street-racey, with less sports cars and more tuners, and actual customisation...and hopefully they'll make the Autolog less "irritating" when it comes to the racing part of the game, and more useful for the cruising aspect.

I thought I gave up on NFS since it has been kind of disappointing, yet if another tittle comes out I'll surely get it. NFS has a lot of potential in terms of modeling, sound and other details but it gets more like an arcade as they come

It's most likely going to be made by Ghost Games, and will probably use Frostbite 2, so hopefully it won't have reviews as "critical" as The Run. I'm expecting something street-racey, with less sports cars and more tuners, and actual customisation...and hopefully they'll make the Autolog less "irritating" when it comes to the racing part of the game, and more useful for the cruising aspect.
It'll probably run on Frostbite 3 if they also made it for next gen. The Run had amazing graphics (rivaled GT5 IMO) so if the next one is suppose to have even better graphics.. OMG.

What if they took the NFS franchise into the 80s? That would be an unexpected turn for the series. :dopey:

I hope that they will make a NFS that will continue the story. Like Pro Street and other new nfs's didnt exist and the story just continues after Carbon. Maybe the city for the new NFS could be Bayview (if anyone remembers the city) and the new NFS could have some nice girls like the NFS U2, NFS MW and NFS Carbon used to have. The new NFS could also have loads of customization like in NFS U2 and police chases like in NFS MW. So it would be like a mix of NFS U2, MW and Carbon. It would also be nice if it would have a original name, but if they are going to use name of an old NFS, I hope they wont make the same mistake they did with MW 2012.

I hope it's a sequel to Hot Pursuit 2010. I loved that game, it was a worthy successor to the PS2 game.

I just wish it had more single player options. Like quick race. I'd like to be able to race any car I want on any track without having to go online. Also, ghosts would be nice + the ability to toggle traffic.... sigh..... all this stuff is common sense for racing games.

I still loved the game to death but damn, they really don't give a **** about single player anymore.

Traffic On/Off is only good for "Free Play" Online & offline progress crap it should be on.

Ya, free play only is fine, just so long as we have options. It just very strange to me that these seemingly standard features aren't in that game.

Those features worked on the old games that weren't freeroam. Personally I hate it when I drive a ghost town. Why I could never play MC: LA online since everyone had traffic off & it was so BORING! The fear of hitting traffic & losing is what makes online fun.

Back