Need for Speed: Rivals

I think the Need for Speed franchise should split into two. One similar to the Underground and Mostwanted days and another to Hot Pursuit (2010) and Rivals.

Wouldn't that mean 2 times the budget then? Need For Speed sales have been declining and don't show a sign of going back up. EA wants to make as much profit as they can.

NFS is dying and EA (and/or the game Ghost and Criterion) are doing nothing about. The series will probably die off sooner or later unless they change things for the good.

The only hopes I see in the racing franchise is Rockstar and their Midnight Club franchise...

Midnight Club has been dead for what?, 5 years? I don't see how it's gonna make a return. Test Drive Unlimited is in the grave, NFS is going down the same path, what other games do we have for free roaming really?

All we've been getting recently are sim racers and a few small arcade style game(s) (Next Car Game).

Midnight Club has been dead for what?, 5 years? I don't see how it's gonna make a return. Test Drive Unlimited is in the grave, NFS is going down the same path, what other games do we have for free roaming really?
I think the reason why MC has been is because they were working on GTA V. You can clearly see things from MCLA that are in GTA V. Now that GTA V is out, I do think they might want to revisit MC.

I think the reason why MC has been is because they were working on GTA V. You can clearly see things from MCLA that are in GTA V. Now that GTA V is out, I do think they might want to revisit MC.

True. But the thing is that they might make a come back.

The racing genre seems to be going no where in my opinion. Unless you're a sim racer of course.

Anyways, we gotta get back to talking about Need For Speed.

I think it was a return to the roots in the sense that it was exotic cars; rural countryside and high speed, open road racing. While the handling became a lot different ("DRIFTING! DRIFTING"), it still brought me back to the races that I played on Hot Pursuit 2, or High Stakes. The Underground Era games (as well as MW2012) were different, having a more Fast and Furious feel to them. Still fun has hell, just a different type of gameplay.
If you are talking about Hot Pursuit's roots, then absolutely. But Criterion billed it as being a return to Need For Speed's roots, which didn't involve dramatic police chases or high end exotic cars that made up 90% of the car list.

Oh yeah, you guys are forgetting a little game called The Crew. ;)

Good News is Its Does Handle, like Driver if you go by what the Brits say in there hands on feedback, Bad News is it also handles like NFS Rivals well if you hate that, and the MicroTransactions which are unavoidable @ this point... more than likely will be integrated into Tom Clancey's The Division if your waiting for that as well, all/all good news for me in handling department, I just a little concerned no new Dodge Challenger or Viper in the Screenshots thus far makes me worried they won't acquire there SRT license.....

Good News is Its Does Handle, like Driver if you go by what the Brits say in there hands on feedback, Bad News is it also handles like NFS Rivals well if you hate that, and the MicroTransactions which are unavoidable @ this point... more than likely will be integrated into Tom Clancey's The Division if your waiting for that as well, all/all good news for me in handling department, I just a little concerned no new Dodge Challenger or Viper in the Screenshots thus far makes me worried they won't acquire there SRT license.....

Don't worry, the Challenger SRT8 392 and the latest Charger SRT8 are in the game alongside all the older Dodge's.

As for the Viper, I think they have it in the game, they just haven't shown it yet. I mean, they have the 2015 Mustang GT, so the Viper must be in, maybe the C7 Corvette is in as well. Atleast I hope.

Anyone else experience audio issues on the PS3 version? Whenever I'm driving it just randomly gets really quiet (music, engine, etc) then will randomly get back to a normal volume level at an unexpected time.. 'tis a bit frustrating..

BlackPanthaa is going on the warpath...

As he states, EA will not listen to us. Smart people like us and him know this well, if they think they can away with pushing out the same shovelware Cops vs Racers thing every year EA will do that. This will work, for a while that is. Eventually other companies will innovate the genre and the choice they made several years/months ago will prove suicidal for them. This is what is happening now, in the name of The Crew but talking about that is a different topic for a different thread.

Ever since Ghost UK was shut down, EA will certainly put Ghost Gothenburg on the same death march that they did to Black Box. As far as we know, only Ghost Gothenburg is working on NFS. Black Box was allegedly shut down or suffered major layoffs, if the latter is the case they could still be around and NFS2014 could be a Black Box game. But if Underground 3 is on the way for this year (all signs point to it coming this year), Ghost better pull their rear ends into high gear and pull off a game worthy of both the NFS name and the Underground name. And that means no drifting, crashing or other Criterion nonsensical physics defying things.

I really don't think we'll see a NFS game this year. I could see EA tease a future Underground game like they did with battlefront. I think EA will showcase whatever
Criterion has been up to regardless of the genre. Regardless of how you value reviews
Rivals scored really well and sold 2.6 million copies according to VGCharts. Ghost isn't going anywhere. Blackbox last few games got bad reviews and I assume had bad sale numbers.

Back