Need for Speed: Rivals

Discussion in 'Need For Speed' started by Need4Speed685, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Ameer67

Ameer67 Premium

Wouldn't that mean 2 times the budget then? Need For Speed sales have been declining and don't show a sign of going back up. EA wants to make as much profit as they can.

NFS is dying and EA (and/or the game Ghost and Criterion) are doing nothing about. The series will probably die off sooner or later unless they change things for the good.

Justuxful and darren200cook like this.
  2. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

The only hopes I see in the racing franchise is Rockstar and their Midnight Club franchise...

Sonygamer455 likes this.
  3. Ameer67

Ameer67 Premium

Midnight Club has been dead for what?, 5 years? I don't see how it's gonna make a return. Test Drive Unlimited is in the grave, NFS is going down the same path, what other games do we have for free roaming really?

All we've been getting recently are sim racers and a few small arcade style game(s) (Next Car Game).

4. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

I think the reason why MC has been is because they were working on GTA V. You can clearly see things from MCLA that are in GTA V. Now that GTA V is out, I do think they might want to revisit MC.

5. Ameer67

Ameer67 Premium

True. But the thing is that they might make a come back.

The racing genre seems to be going no where in my opinion. Unless you're a sim racer of course.

Anyways, we gotta get back to talking about Need For Speed.

6. Darren.

Darren.

If you are talking about Hot Pursuit's roots, then absolutely. But Criterion billed it as being a return to Need For Speed's roots, which didn't involve dramatic police chases or high end exotic cars that made up 90% of the car list.

Oh yeah, you guys are forgetting a little game called The Crew. ;)

7. Daniel

Daniel

I am sure as hell not forgetting about The Crew. :lol:

I want that game so badly.

Need4Speed685 and Justuxful like this.
  8. Tviper7

Tviper7

Good News is Its Does Handle, like Driver if you go by what the Brits say in there hands on feedback, Bad News is it also handles like NFS Rivals well if you hate that, and the MicroTransactions which are unavoidable @ this point... more than likely will be integrated into Tom Clancey's The Division if your waiting for that as well, all/all good news for me in handling department, I just a little concerned no new Dodge Challenger or Viper in the Screenshots thus far makes me worried they won't acquire there SRT license.....

9. Justuxful

Justuxful

Don't worry, the Challenger SRT8 392 and the latest Charger SRT8 are in the game alongside all the older Dodge's.

As for the Viper, I think they have it in the game, they just haven't shown it yet. I mean, they have the 2015 Mustang GT, so the Viper must be in, maybe the C7 Corvette is in as well. Atleast I hope.

10. Mac K

Mac K

Anyone else experience audio issues on the PS3 version? Whenever I'm driving it just randomly gets really quiet (music, engine, etc) then will randomly get back to a normal volume level at an unexpected time.. 'tis a bit frustrating..

11. BlackPanthaa is going on the warpath...

Need4Speed685 and darren200cook like this.
  12. sparkytooth

sparkytooth Premium

He clearly has no idea about my genius and knowledge of rootz.

darren200cook likes this.
  13. Darren.

Darren.

As he states, EA will not listen to us. Smart people like us and him know this well, if they think they can away with pushing out the same shovelware Cops vs Racers thing every year EA will do that. This will work, for a while that is. Eventually other companies will innovate the genre and the choice they made several years/months ago will prove suicidal for them. This is what is happening now, in the name of The Crew but talking about that is a different topic for a different thread.

Ever since Ghost UK was shut down, EA will certainly put Ghost Gothenburg on the same death march that they did to Black Box. As far as we know, only Ghost Gothenburg is working on NFS. Black Box was allegedly shut down or suffered major layoffs, if the latter is the case they could still be around and NFS2014 could be a Black Box game. But if Underground 3 is on the way for this year (all signs point to it coming this year), Ghost better pull their rear ends into high gear and pull off a game worthy of both the NFS name and the Underground name. And that means no drifting, crashing or other Criterion nonsensical physics defying things.

Need4Speed685 and Sonygamer455 like this.
  14. helvetica bold

helvetica bold

I really don't think we'll see a NFS game this year. I could see EA tease a future Underground game like they did with battlefront. I think EA will showcase whatever
    Criterion has been up to regardless of the genre. Regardless of how you value reviews
    Rivals scored really well and sold 2.6 million copies according to VGCharts. Ghost isn't going anywhere. Blackbox last few games got bad reviews and I assume had bad sale numbers.

Justuxful likes this.
  15. Ameer67

Ameer67 Premium

Man that song is catchy.

16. Darren.

Darren.

17. We need to stop doing this :lol:

darren200cook likes this.
  18. Darren.

Darren.

Only when Craig decides to make NFS realistic again, so basically the auto drifting and the crashing need to go. :p :lol:

That being said, why are we now blaming Craig for all of the world's problems? XD

Need4Speed685 likes this.
  19. Craig visits the Drift Shop

20. Darren.

Darren.

Long story short, Craig had too much drifting. Even he couldn't handle it. :p

21. helvetica bold

helvetica bold

This thread has taken a turn for the worse...

22. Darren.

Darren.

Fixed that for you. :p

Need4Speed685 likes this.
  23. Ameer67

Ameer67 Premium

Bunch of EA games and DLC half off (PC only)

Rivals-Deluxe Edt: $29.99 Regular Edt: $24.99

Link

24. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

USA only

25. Ameer67

Ameer67 Premium

EA only. :p

26. Darren.

Darren.

The latest batch of Rivals DLC is in, featuring our friend Craig:

27. Sage Ages

Sage Ages

Is that audio from the old Stunt Run videos? :lol:

Need4Speed685 and darren200cook like this.
  28. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

reminds me of this video, because of how he narrates what the character's doing :lol:

darren200cook and Custom878 like this.
  29. That CrashTV video will haunt him forever...

darren200cook and Custom878 like this.
  30. Darren.

Darren.

You sir have just won the jackpot.