Need for speed Shift 2 Mods thread

• Thread starter Railgun
  • 132 comments
With this patch can I still tune the gearboxes of upgraded cars? I don't want to lose the thing that Shift 2 had but Project Cars 3, the game that is supposed to be a successor to Shift, doesn't; Customizable gearboxes with all gears unlocked

With this patch can I still tune the gearboxes of upgraded cars? I don't want to lose the thing that Shift 2 had but Project Cars 3, the game that is supposed to be a successor to Shift, doesn't; Customizable gearboxes with all gears unlocked
Yes, actually as i said in the patch thread, there is a lot more options, but the settings follow a more linear path, but i dont have any problem with that

Hi, (sorry 4 my bad english) , could someone help me.I try to find answers by myself , but with no results.Plaing S2U many years , this summer i try to put some mods, everything work perfect , there is only 1 problem ,the i add some car mods and start quick race , body of ai moded cars disappear , i see only wheels and driver. I try 2
study game files , find cars.lod tryin g to experiment with no success.Can u help me , please. Thx in advance

Hi, (sorry 4 my bad english) , could someone help me.I try to find answers by myself , but with no results.Plaing S2U many years , this summer i try to put some mods, everything work perfect , there is only 1 problem ,the i add some car mods and start quick race , body of ai moded cars disappear , i see only wheels and driver. I try 2
study game files , find cars.lod tryin g to experiment with no success.Can u help me , please. Thx in advance
what are the cars tha dissapear?

member: 302901"]what are the cars tha dissapear?[/QUOTE]
1.png 2.png
Practically all moded cars, must be something with draw distance, maybe moded car dont have lodb lodc and they need 2 increase draw distance, so only loda 2 be loaded , but where & what i need 2 change , ((

Last edited:
member: 302901"]what are the cars tha dissapear?
View attachment 966666 View attachment 966669
Practically all moded cars, must be something with draw distance, maybe moded car dont have lodb lodc and they need 2 increase draw distance, so only loda 2 be loaded , but where & what i need 2 change , (([/QUOTE]
Sorry for not answering, thre is 2 options, increase the LODA, or add new files in the vhf.bml file tht replace lodb and c
The first one can be done rewriting the file cars.lod, increasing the draw distance of LODA, and the second is via an 3d editor, although this last one im not sure if it works since im not paying much attention to the modded cars for now

View attachment 966666 View attachment 966669
Practically all moded cars, must be something with draw distance, maybe moded car dont have lodb lodc and they need 2 increase draw distance, so only loda 2 be loaded , but where & what i need 2 change , ((
Sorry for not answering, thre is 2 options, increase the LODA, or add new files in the vhf.bml file tht replace lodb and c
The first one can be done rewriting the file cars.lod, increasing the draw distance of LODA, and the second is via an 3d editor, although this last one im not sure if it works since im not paying much attention to the modded cars for now[/QUOTE]
Thx a lot , ill try both and will write the results.

Nice thread that you got there , returning to NFS Shift 2 with all these mods are pretty cool, do you mind if I join your discord? It's because I'm very interested to see the progress on the cars.

Salutes

Nice thread that you got there , returning to NFS Shift 2 with all these mods are pretty cool, do you mind if I join your discord? It's because I'm very interested to see the progress on the cars.

Salutes
YEah, im not havving any problem with that, thats why i put the links in the first place

Hey just wanted to jump in to add my support!

Its so damn hard to find mods for Shift 2 these days, and you're doing a stellar job of sorting all this out, I look forward to putting it all together.

thanks for the support, for now im trying to adapt all the mods under the patch im doing, so if you want to help, join the discord server, because im busy lately im slightly more active there

Hey guys not sure if this is where to ask or if I should start a new thread. But does someone know how to make the quick races hand out less money. I'm making money way too fast and breezing through the upgrades. The Properties folders have some xmls that say "Cash" in them but they all pertain to a "Cup". So I'm assuming they wont adjust to quick races. I never got to play this game when it first came out. I'm getting into it now and I'm loving it. Just would like to mod the game to give myself a challenge and extend the time between when I can and can't purchase upgrades. Not interested in Career mode, just quick races.

Hey guys not sure if this is where to ask or if I should start a new thread. But does someone know how to make the quick races hand out less money. I'm making money way too fast and breezing through the upgrades. The Properties folders have some xmls that say "Cash" in them but they all pertain to a "Cup". So I'm assuming they wont adjust to quick races. I never got to play this game when it first came out. I'm getting into it now and I'm loving it. Just would like to mod the game to give myself a challenge and extend the time between when I can and can't purchase upgrades. Not interested in Career mode, just quick races.
I know you issue and eventually im going to change it, so let me check and i put the new values in a file here or probably on discord

I know you issue and eventually im going to change it, so let me check and i put the new values in a file here or probably on discord
Any chance you can just tell me what I need to edit? I dont mind working on it myself. Also I tried to go to the discord and it keeps giving me an error so I cant get in :/.

I found the file, is this one, you only need to change the extension to xml, and replace it, the maximum prize is 5000 and about the discord, im pretty sure youre already in there, your name is too unique to appear a second one in the server

Attachments

• reputation_scoring.txt
    68.4 KB · Views: 15
I've been trying to add mods to my game but it won't work, can anyone help me please?
There is needed 4 thing to add mods,
first have the game unpacked
then add the ucp
the cars added after the first 2 steps
and add the cars and tires in the vehicle.lst and tyreshd.xml respectively
if you dont have any of those steps the car will not appear

There is needed 4 thing to add mods,
first have the game unpacked
then add the ucp
the cars added after the first 2 steps
and add the cars and tires in the vehicle.lst and tyreshd.xml respectively
if you dont have any of those steps the car will not appear
How do I unpack the game? Any files, I've tried.

Can I join your discord please? I still need to find some good mods to use

1625952161907.png

All my mods, not all of them worked including the Fairlady Z & C8 Stingray

Anybody knows a mod or could share with me English localisation files for the game? Origins version appears to be region locked and translation quite poor, barely can understand tunning menu with that.

Anybody knows a mod or could share with me English localisation files for the game? Origins version appears to be region locked and translation quite poor, barely can understand tunning menu with that.
You need to find in the regedit the following keys and replace it with the things that are written there, here is the link, i hope it works

I think that oyu need to delete your .sav to make it work, that one is located usually in your documents
It did helped to launch the game, but language didn't changed. Even tried to switch it to US, but unfortunatelly nothing...

It did helped to launch the game, but language didn't changed. Even tried to switch it to US, but unfortunatelly nothing...
Well thne i dont really know, all the tutorials says 2 thing
The first is this one (change registry, delete your sav and the restart your pc)
Or changing your window language at all
The second one is too extreme so im going to try to found something more

Back