Need For Speed: Shift GTP Racing League - Season III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another fun racing night with you guys last night.👍
Sorry for not staying after the event races ended but I was pretty tired and only lasted until the end with 3 coffes and many cigarrettes...:ill:
We had to merge groups A and C due to no shows from several people...
So after a couple of races with everyone on the lobby we went for the event races-me,Jay,Leftyand Javed in one group;Mohamu,Charpez,Sharky and Drifty in other:

The first race at Monte Grande(15 laps ) went pretty well without D/Cs and luck and those evil blue objects played an important role in the final results of the race.
After the start I found myself chasing Javed to the lead,who hanged pretty well for 5 or 6 laps:tup: ,but after his lack of training and dinner waiting:) made him give up the lead...so there I was with a confortable gap to Jay and Lefty but 2/3 ofthe race to go...Jay managed to pass Lefty and begun a fantastic recuperation shaving seconds from the gap between us lap after lap,at this point those 🤬 blue things were all over the place in the middle of the road on the beginning of the uphill snake straight and one in the right hander before the tunnel...from here on it was a lottery with me and Jay constantly trading the lead position depending on who had more luck in going trought the blue warzones areas of the track warning each other-whomever has in front- of the new position of the evil objects:),and I have to say that was the only way I won because otherwise Jay with consistently faster laps than me would have won easy.:sly:
In my favourite combo of the night things went worst Javed got disconnected at lap 4 in the Limbo between the restart rule(first two laps )and the keeping position lap (1/2 of the race) and lefty got DC at lap 8, I think, when he was breathing on my neck...the race started pretty well for me and I really thought I had it because inthe 5th lap I had a confortable lead on Jay and lefty,who probably had a messier first half of the race than me,of 7 secs but at lap 6th the unespected happened and I caught TWO 5 secs pennaltys at the same lap without even going completly off track just a little wide-I guess it's my punishement of laughting at Ricky's complains of the "looking at the grass penalty bug" at this track...:dunce: - so there I was in the back of the (small) pack dead last with a 8 sec gap to Jay's lead and 6 secs gap to Lefty...I managed to caught Lefty and we were in the fighting for~second position process:tup: when he was DC...👎 I thought the race endend but sundenly in the end of lap 9 the gap between us was gone-man at first I really thought You had waited for me:dopey: - and we managed to have an exciting battle trought out the entire final lap finishing metters way from each other.Great race deserved win from the league artist in personal liveries-I think you're faster now that finnaly you spend more time actualy racing the cars then pimping them up:P:tup:

Last race at Port Boucle was similar in blue nightmare inccidents to the first one,in some ways these dynamic tracks-since the blue things changed place in almost every single lap and made racers have to do precision moves at these spots trying to find a way to go trought the blue barriers without hitting them and loosing 5 secs each time- are almost interesting since lap after lap you have to guess where those blue things were and swerving left and right throught them doing slalom that remebered gincana racing:crazy:
Here despite Jay got the fastest lap again(in all the 3 races well done mate:tup: ) the dreadfull beginning of race he had got him like 17 secs behind me so it was a pretty lonely race only me the car and those:censored: :banghead:BLUE EVIL THINGS:lol:
All and all a fun,but exausting,racing night.Can't wait to get some report from group B races.👍

:cheers:

:gtpflag:

Very good racing from everyone in group A,
Race 1 at Monte Grande was a tester, really narrow and full of mistakes by me on this occasion, I think I upset THE HOG early on by making a careless move and realised I was in the wrong, no hard feelings I hope, but all in all enjoyed it to bring the maseratti home in 2nd.
Race 2 at Silverstone GP, now then not one I was looking forward to at all and right from the first Lap of practice a week ago I could not get on with this machine and in this race we were all close but cracks started to show in my driving early on, Shark and The Hog took advantage on my mistakes and had a close run to the line. A 3rd place for me in this race , good racing guys :)
Race 3 at Porte Boucle, felt slightly more comfortable about my ability for this amazing circuit, yes it's short but I love every corner of her in the Maclaren, by far my favourite track of the weekend and got away clean and tried to put a few fast laps in but the barriers became a problem, to avoid any crashes I slowed to avoid them and luckily took the win.
See you next Round guys, Thankyou.

Very good racing from everyone in group A,
Race 1 at Monte Grande was a tester, really narrow and full of mistakes by me on this occasion, I think I upset THE HOG early on by making a careless move and realised I was in the wrong, no hard feelings I hope, but all in all enjoyed it to bring the maseratti home in 2nd.
Race 2 at Silverstone GP, now then not one I was looking forward to at all and right from the first Lap of practice a week ago I could not get on with this machine and in this race we were all close but cracks started to show in my driving early on, Shark and The Hog took advantage on my mistakes and had a close run to the line. A 3rd place for me in this race , good racing guys :)
Race 3 at Porte Boucle, felt slightly more comfortable about my ability for this amazing circuit, yes it's short but I love every corner of her in the Maclaren, by far my favourite track of the weekend and got away clean and tried to put a few fast laps in but the barriers became a problem, to avoid any crashes I slowed to avoid them and luckily took the win.
See you next Round guys, Thankyou.

Chaperz, my friend! Can you please record your driving aids setup for me? Sorry but it is hard to belive you don't use any driving aids after I was close behind you for a few laps. Your cars moving without any mistakes.. it doesn't slide, you grip on the road like glue Or maybe you have perfect skills, then i say sorry for any criticism!! Anyway, I'm sorry if i hitted anyone. Chapers please wait for the people if you hit them out, ok? I stopped counting how much time you kicked me out after the 2nd race and there was no sorry or any kind of this.. There is no problem, because I know you're always far away in the pole, and you have not much experience in driving between us:)

I really enjoyed the 1st race my favourite combo I think and I gained quite a bit of time up the hill and hand braking into a drift on the hair pins.
Me and arvore traded the lead on a few occasions, what a great race.
I haven't practised the circuits all week.
Race 2 was fun going into turn 3 I hit shams rear as he braked for something then lefty wiped me out putting me last, I knew I had my work cut out to pull 8 seconds back. I knew pulling 1.50.800's I could do it if I stayed focused. Could'nt believe it when I passed you on the back section arvore (thought you was getting big headed letting us past so you could pass us again) after that it was a breaze till I lost it on the last lap, then messed up another two times with you breathing down my neck.
By far the M1 is the easiest car to drive and I feel at one with it.

Race 3, Well all I can say is I got the fastest lap, How I have no idea as I spent most the time slowing and zig zagging or zag zigging around the blue block. I guess the others slowed more apart from arvore who was close to lapping me at one stage.

We probably could of got away with one lobby but the amount of lag I got in prerace lobby with 8 cars would of made it imposible to race.

Chaperz, my friend! Can you please record your driving aids setup for me? Sorry but it is hard to belive you don't use any driving aids after I was close behind you for a few laps. Your cars moving without any mistakes.. it doesn't slide, you grip on the road like glue Or maybe you have perfect skills, then i say sorry for any criticism!! Anyway, I'm sorry if i hitted anyone. Chapers please wait for the people if you hit them out, ok? I stopped counting how much time you kicked me out after the 2nd race and there was no sorry or any kind of this.. There is no problem, because I know you're always far away in the pole, and you have not much experience in driving between us:)

Maybe he's using Experienced mode instead of mandatory PRO, It's really easy to find who is using Ex mode. Simply if you notice that he's car moving away from yours on straight but you two had the same cars (manufactures), then it's obvious that it's Experienced versus PRO where PRO had all disadvantages! It's hard to believe that one guy is crushing all the time.

At least now you know what to look for, i've learn that on Nordschleife where there are good places to race on straights and check who is using which mode.

Last edited:
Also check if his Works Murco is going fully sideways most of the way around Brands Hatch... If it is, he is in Pro mode ;)
Just ask TheFastOne about our race there :D

addictions;3824263Race 3...[COLOR="Navy"
zig zagging or zag zigging around the blue block.[/COLOR]I guess the others slowed more apart from arvore who was close to lapping me at one stage.

We probably could of got away with one lobby but the amount of lag I got in prerace lobby with 8 cars would of made it imposible to race.

:lol::lol::lol:

You're absolutely right about lag issues I could see your car flying -litterally-in the Silverstone GP pratice session we had earlier on.:yuck:

It was the best way also to stick the best we could to the pre-determined groups schedulle...

I have already been asked this, I always drive in PRO and everything on the List switched OFF is this ok? i am relatavely new to the driving games and hope to improve in the future. Thankyou

Here is my Settings and please say if any needs to be changed.

Handling Model- PRO
Steering Assist- OFF

Braking Assist- OFF

Anti Lock Brakes- OFF

Traction Control- OFF

Stability Control OFF

Damage Effects- FULL

Gears - Manual
If I have broken any rules with these settings I apologise and will change them if directed.

Last edited:
Mohamu, friend I apologised for the attempted overtakes that went wrong in Race 1, I thought it was HOG that I hit which you both deserve apology , and yes I did let you back through no excuses i know, and will address this in practice. Not complaining but an incident half caused by me by loosing grip on a rumble strip resulted into a collision from behind where I was forced off track, they waited, not the other way around like your implying, sorry but Race 2 and 3 I dont agree with you saying I hit anyone. Thankyou.

Last edited:
I asked chapez the same question a few weeks back (in a joking manner more than a serious 1) and now this has arised again. He messaged me for advice and saying he wouldn't be here if he was a cheat as all he wants is good clean racing with fast drivers to get away from the online public punters. And he has never really felt welcome from day 1. So I think he's decided to leave the league as he has now deleted me as a friend.

Last edited:
There is definitely consequences when a forum member accuses another member of cheating or dirty driving. Politeness or proper etiquette has never been a league strong point. A couple of examples that come to mind are the Femki, Shark 33 & Chaperz incidents. All of those incidents should be handled via PM IMHO.

One thing to consider about Chaperz is maybe he's just better than everyone else ( There has to be a Alpha dog ). Their are players out there who put up some amazing times.

For example one of my favorite tracks is SPA, I can put up some times that 97% of the shift players won't be able to match unless there cutting the Chicanes. My PR using a pad is 206:8 in my Zonda, not a bad time for a pad player. Last week I raced a player named Danmc_27 and he pulled away from me on ever lap even though I ran a perfect race. During that race I threw a 207.6 at him and he did a 205.8. What I'm trying to say is their are some racers who I think have perfected the manual shifting and engine braking in this game which I think is a huge advantage in lap times. Maybe Chaperz is one of those racers.

Maybe Chaperz is one of those racers.

Let's hope not. Because he might be banned from league races. I would be more then happy to have a League race with him 👍 :) Only during hard 1 on 1 on track battle you can really pulled of some amazing times. One of my best in DBR9 are from racing on line against some Freakishly fast LP-640... jesus.ch.christ i almost died from Heart beating too fast :)

Chaperz PM-d me on PSN that hi decided to leave this league because I was not so friendly with him in my post.. What can I say? Sorry Chapers that I didn't belive you and i complained about your hits and for the other members because we have lost a super-driver because of me! But If he told the trouth why did he left the league and didn't stand out for his right?? Anyway, I didn't want to make a big problem of this hall thing, so if you guys think it was my foult that he left the league: I understand if you decide I have to go also.. I don't want to be the guy who always complains, but if I use the rules i require it from the others too..

Thats al

Let's hope not. Because he might be banned from league races. I would be more then happy to have a League race with him 👍 :) Only during hard 1 on 1 on track battle you can really pulled of some amazing times. One of my best in DBR9 are from racing on line against some Freakishly fast LP-640... jesus.ch.christ i almost died from Heart beating too fast :)

You can't ban someone thats quit already.

I agree with Ricky on the Femki, Shark 33 & Chaperz thing. I'm keeping my mouth shut now and my opinions to myself.
just concentrate on my own driving and mistakes.
And if I have a problem with someone I'll PM them.

I'm getting a bit tired of this talk...

It was charpez right to leave like others did before...You had doubts Mohamu so you asked politely,I think everyone else also had raised that question even if only to themselves...he answered and that should have been that without other non league members-who were banned everyone knows why-interfiring and giving opinions in matters that don't regard them.

And yes ricky ,charpez might have been one of those elected few who can leave everyone 20 secs(despite the few races he had on his profile off and online and the few pratice he did during the week for the events made me think that either he really is an astonishing player or something was wrong with his lap times ,and I know and race a few bunch of them in other racing games) per race behind him and have been injusticed acused-and I know how bad I felt in some pratice sessions in Silverstone GP in the GTR-VSpec,remember?
Probably this would have been better handled via private pm but being part of one league involves getting every mistale you made scrutinized and people have to live with that.
So it's probably best to give the subject as closed and move on in my modest opinion.👍

Last edited:
I've noticed that you people had this tendency to accuse of cheating anyone who is simply faster. Chaperz kick your ass and you crying again. Jesus.ch.christ it's just a game. Had a life finally.

For what it’s worth, I consider myself a pretty good judge of human nature, and it’s rather difficult for me understand the motivation you would have, to come to a place like this, where as you go through the hoops in order to race against the people that say you can join, and then cheat to gain an advantage. I only hope that is not the case hear.
I also know that before I started driving PRO mode I was faster then I am now. (1:09.xx VS 1:12.xx on WILLOW ) if that tells yah something. I know that I couldn’t do any tricks before and couldn’t figure out why, only that it felt weird and foreign to drive like that, but who carried, it was only me battling with morons who didn’t really know how to drive fast in real life so I didn’t care and I was Fn fast.
So now that I can speak from a position of some limited real time cyber racing experience competing against people who are faster then F and are driving in PRO mode I see others that are having the same challenges that I am experiencing and see them overcome those obstacles. It gives me encouragement that I will be able to achieve that level of control some day.
I don’t know if anyone has figured it out yet but my method for going fast is to not to make any mistakes. I like to think that not just anyone can attest to that level of discipline, it takes experience and maturity to understand that you can get to the finish line faster by not making any mistakes rather then going recklessly fast and having to make up ground that was lost by a single screw up.
Since I haven’t been able to even come close to matching Chapers speed, it is a little concerning to me when I hear issues of compliance with the PRO mode racing structure. Now that I am a firm believer that you can’t get that reality feeling unless you step up to the challenge. It will show in the driving, that the ability to go fast is always something that is being fixed and never something that is accomplished easily, except by a very few or if that driver is a true “ FENOM “

I've noticed that you people had this tendency to accuse of cheating anyone who is simply faster. Chaperz kick your ass and you crying again. Jesus.ch.christ it's just a game. Had a life finally.

You say you have a life yet your still commenting on the matter?

any time for re races is fine for me guys

Back to race! I have to do the 3 races tonight. Doing practice right now cause I just did a few laps of each combo and think I m very slow...

Just to put you clear on the argument between me and mohamu he says I hit him which is true (accidental) then he says no wait, which I can see what he is saying, at Monte Grande the Left Hand hairpin before the bridge he ran wide and thinking back I dived in to hot and made contact and put my foot down in heat of moment, but he then runs into me next corner spinning me which I have no argument with.

Mohamu you send me a load of rubbish about how you know my settings and I am cheating with driving aids when I have watched your videos with the green racing line, Im not really bothered what you use but when you start playing funny buggers it tempts me to have a go back.

Im sorry I know arguing is not the way to go :(

So 9pm GMT (21.00) for reraces?

I think.
javedmr
Risotto76
LeftyWright69
Mohamu
kemp333
Need to do them. Not sure if there is anyone else.

i have no more energy for the rerases tonight, sorry guys !

Once more i want to say sorry from everyone for the intermesso, i'll just use this forum to get the information of the races after this hall thing. it will be better for everyone i think.

Mohamu & Javedmr please start your engines we re waiting to start the re-races!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back