Need for Speed Unbound - General Discussion

• Thread starter Famine
  • 751 comments
I hate to say this but...I spotted the trailer embedded in the GTP News article (https://www.gtplanet.net/need-for-speed-unbound-reveal-20221004/) and just assumed it was already live
Yeah, I put the YT link in the piece and for the entire time it was there it was showing 1600 (1500 UTC/1700 CEST as stated by EA and which is also what their own site countdown is showing)!

The video description has links to the different pages on the EA site which are clearly not available yet because both go to the countdown page!

Yeah, I put the YT link in the piece and for the entire time it was there it was showing 1600 (1500 UTC/1700 CEST as stated by EA and which is also what their own site countdown is showing)!

The video description has links to the different pages on the EA site which are clearly not available yet because both go to the countdown page!
Ah, I see. In that case then maybe someone has slipped up somewhere and set the go live time incorrectly as the video only seems to have started displaying the trailer quite recently.

I guess the problem is everyone is looking for something new to come to the genre. But when something comes it proves divisive. Look at things like Blur, didn't sell well at the time despite being absolutely amazing and offering something new with a distinctive art style. Now everyone's clamouring for a remake or a sequel.
That's the wrong "new" for me. I get what you're saying and it might be true for alot of people, but I just don't like comic graphics or effects. The trailer was horrible to watch because of that.

They could implement an option to switch between real and celshading to please everyone, but devs rarely put these kind of options in their games. I'll wait for previews but I might skip this entry. Can't help it.

Unbenannt.JPG

Watched 3.500 times, Liked 25.000 times. How?

Seems fun but I'm going to be very careful, even from the few seconds of this trailer it seems like "press Space to drift" didn't go anywhere. If I would want to play mobile racing game I would do it on mobile.

I can’t believe I’m excited about a new NFS game in the year 2022, what is this.

It looks phenomenal and I love it, just need to see what Audis it’ll have and I’m sold!

I always enjoyed NFS games for the internal RP I do as I play, kinda like Skyrim. Gameplay itself is stale but the way the style of gameplay is setup lends itself so weaving a story of yourself as the protagonist.

I enjoyed Heat the most out of the Ghost era NFS’s because the day & night gameplay. I would have two cars - daytime car was colorful and sponsored, and night car was a satin black V8 993 Porsche Frankenstein thing of a machine that had a star for every heat level 5 pursuit I’d survive. Nothing about the story promoted that, but my internal RP was digging it.

I think this game will be similar, but it’s like you’re the main character in a really good initial D story. That sounds like a fun prospect with the way I play the games.

But hopefully the art style isn’t too intrusive, and kinda like The Crew 2 where you can avoid the stupidity of neons and smoke effects if you chose not to partake.

The art style looks incredible :drool:

Really looking forward to seeing this executed in-game. Part of me wishes they leaned in more heavily with cel shading, applying the effect to the cars as well. But this approach will certainly do!

The art direction and graphics look brilliant - Can’t wait to see how the gameplay turns out.

Just needs Toyota… but we won’t go there. ;)

Last edited:
Just checked the official car list on their website and it has no Audis.

Oh well, that’s unfortunate but it is what it is, saves me 80€ haha.

I think it looks great and I’m very keen to see how to turns out. Seen a bit of negativity for mostly unjustified reasons.

I can’t believe I’m excited about a new NFS game in the year 2022, what is this.

It looks phenomenal and I love it, just need to see what Audis it’ll have and I’m sold!
No Audi's so far.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221006-174025_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20221006-174025_Firefox.jpg
    632.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
It look pretty good for me. Cartoon smoke still looks weird in motion but not as bad as I’m expecting it to be.

$70 is the going rate for new releases, not sure why that's taken anyone by surprise.

Trailer looks good, the motion looks very fluid and the art style blends together really nicely. Definitely be picking this one up. Hopefully EA Play will have a trial period too.

Edit, it will have a 10 hour trial and early access from 29th November. Excellent.

Last edited:
Back