Nenkai (X/Twitter): Kaz is cooking

• Thread starter DJShadesUK
  • 981 comments
Cooking, eh?

Screenshot_5.png

Looked at the most recent posts, couldn't see it, so...
But apparently you didn't look hard enough.

Last edited:
On the topic of data mining or whatever you want to call it, I'm kinda surprised Polyphony is fine with these hints being made about what they are working on since there was that whole thing going on here about how leaks have in fact caused them to up security and change things around to make it harder to view stuff.

Sure it's not straight-up leaking content, but doesn't that still mean that they are knowingly choosing to not try to block out people outside of PD who they know have at least some access to confidential information on what they're working on? I'm just kinda surprised they're trusting enough to not focus on that at all especially since they take security seriously enough to do all those changes following those leaks.

Or do they actually still keep actively trying to keep modders out but Nenkai and any of other ones just still are able to view stuff by not disclosing how they get it and being discreet about it? I'm just curious that's all.

On the topic of data mining or whatever you want to call it, I'm kinda surprised Polyphony is fine with these hints being made about what they are working on since there was that whole thing going on here about how leaks have in fact caused them to up security and change things around to make it harder to view stuff.

Sure it's not straight-up leaking content, but doesn't that still mean that they are knowingly choosing to not try to block out people outside of PD who they know have at least some access to confidential information on what they're working on? I'm just kinda surprised they're trusting enough to not focus on that at all especially since they take security seriously enough to do all those changes following those leaks.

Or do they actually still keep actively trying to keep modders out but Nenkai and any of other ones just still are able to view stuff by not disclosing how they get it and being discreet about it? I'm just curious that's all.
Two approaches:
Blind datamining: "Track X and car Y are definitely coming soon, this data has just shown up in the game and I'm immediately dumping it here" - creates false hope and expectations, which we've already seen people annoyed at PD for ""not meeting"".
This approach: "We've noticed changes for blah blah culminating to this point and it seems likely (but not guaranteed) that certain highly requested things are coming" - choosing only to comment on what's likely rather than blindly dumping it all, not creating any misleading expectations.

One of the very few people outside PD that actually has a clue what's going on is telling us this'll be the biggest and best update yet, and most of the comments (here and elsewhere) are still doomposting about Scapes and fire trucks and whatnot.

Honestly I don't think any of you even want this game to be good. You're following it out of sheer spite, hoping it'll crash and burn.

Two approaches:
Blind datamining: "Track X and car Y are definitely coming soon, this data has just shown up in the game and I'm immediately dumping it here" - creates false hope and expectations, which we've already seen people annoyed at PD for ""not meeting"".
This approach: "We've noticed changes for blah blah culminating to this point and it seems likely (but not guaranteed) that certain highly requested things are coming" - choosing only to comment on what's likely rather than blindly dumping it all, not creating any misleading expectations.
That makes sense, thanks for the insight. The part that comes to me most as a surprise is just that PD are in fact of aware of people like Nenkai who have access and don't seem to be too concerned about it at the moment. Sure it's known Nenkai isn't one to go around leaking everything he finds but it's still quite surprising they don't play it safe, we are talking about things relating to actual licensing contracts worth tens, if not hundreds of thousands so it's surprising they don't freak out about the fact people outside of the company, if even only theoretically, could reveal that info when they have shown previously to be so strict regarding that.

It all depends how Nenkai is getting the information. For instance, at some point the update has to go onto a publicly accessible server, even if its not publicly pushed out as an update, so that PD, with GT7 in debug mode, could manually pull the download and verify the installation. If you know the url/path to the installation file on the server you can query the file metadata (file size, creation date, etc) without probably triggering anything to warrant a closer look at the server traffic by the admins.

I'm not saying this is what Nenkai is doing but, given that Nenkai only mentions file size, its a fairly reasonable assumption. I certainly don't think Nenkai is poking around in systems that should be off-limits (like a private WAN or something).

I swear today was the wrong day to look at GTPlanet. We're finally getting something big by the looks of things, hinted by the dataminer himself, and people still joke around, trying to be witty, but it's seriously getting old and only tells us that these people are only posting out of spite.

Once we get said "something big", people will still find ways to bring the mood down. Is this what it's come down to? GT7 brainwashing everyone to mindless monkeys that see no hope or light at the end of the Trial Mountain tunnel.

As for you, GlamFM, you go ahead and poo my posts for no reason. What have I done to you?

Last edited:
Back