Nenkai (X/Twitter): Kaz is cooking

• Thread starter DJShadesUK
  • 981 comments
I mean, literally anyone can say "an update is coming", because GT7 isn't at the end of its life yet. Do you know what that means?

This.

I know GT7 is not at the end of its life (that would be interesting though, switching 7 off before Sport, place would implode). I don't expect much from future updates, if I'm wrong, awesome, if I'm not... oh no, anyway

Because what this game really needs is a full revamp of the singleplayer career mode, anything else simply won't cut it.

Which would be something actually large, like a Spec 2.0 update, which would warrant a proper announcement with a proper trailer. Not something that we would only take knowledge of it being worked on because a leaker found out about it.

So yeah, following it out of spite is actually a proper term for it, given how much infuriating it is to look at how much potential of this game is simply going to waste.
For GT Sports big update wasn’t a trailer prior to either as far as I remember

I'm expecting this is the Spec 2.0 update I've been thinking they've been preparing since late summer.
I think this is going to drop as a December update, after the PS5 slim, to aid the sales of the console a bit, hoping they might appeal to people who would consider a PS5 exclusively for GT7 if the game didn't insert random complaint.
In terms of content I'm expecting:
  • An actual career mode with qualifying, grid starts, endurance races, one make, more missions and all the other goodies, as well as better AI (maybe even Sophy although realistically it's either going to be a 10 car grid or severely dumbed down).
  • One new track (if I had to guess I'd go with Twin Ring Motegi or Red Rock Valley) and one new layout (not expecting great things here, maybe Suzuka West or some weak sauce like that).
  • 10 new cars, fan service edition (e. g. LFA, 190E...) with one new modern car (296 or 992 GT3 RS).
  • Custom races that are actually worth your time, along with custom championships with more options as well (qualifying, mandatory tyres, etc.)
  • Dynamic weather and 24h cycle for a few more tracks.
  • Some requested bug fixes and QoL stuff (e. g. split screen fix, AI tyre choices on custom races, Lobby stuff...)

I honestly think this is not too far fetched and I'm really looking forward to the next couple of months to see what Kaz has in store for us.

Last edited:
I'm expecting this is the Spec 2.0 update I've been thinking they've been preparing since late summer.
I think this is going to drop as a December update, after the PS5 slim, to aid the sales of the console a bit, hoping they might appeal to people who would consider a PS5 exclusively for GT7 if the game didn't insert random complaint.
  • An actual career mode with qualifying, grid starts, endurance races, one make and all the goodies, as well as better AI (maybe even Sophy although realistically it's either going to be a 10 car grid or severely dumbed down).
  • One new track (if I had to guess I'd go with Twin Ring Motegi or Red Rock Valley) and one new layout (not expecting great things here, maybe Suzuka West or some weak sauce like that).
  • 10 new cars, fan service edition (e. g. LFA, 190E...) with one new modern car (296 or 992 GT3 RS).
  • Custom races that are actually worth your time, along with custom championships with more options as well (qualifying, mandatory tyres, etc.)
  • Dynamic weather for a few more tracks.
  • Some requested bug fixes and QoL stuff (e. g. split screen fix, AI tyre choices on custom races, Lobby stuff...)

I honestly think this is not too far fetched and I'm really looking forward to the next couple of months to see what Kaz has in store for us.
dreams.....

• An actual career mode with qualifying, grid starts, endurance races, one make, more missions and all the other goodies, as well as better AI (maybe even Sophy although realistically it's either going to be a 10 car grid or severely dumbed down).
  • Dynamic weather for a few more tracks.

This is a great list but it sounds like you describing GT8. Even if it is a Spec 2.0 I would lower expectations significantly.

Nenkai x Twitter is my favourite fanfic genre.
500k word enemies to lovers rated E on AO3?
Oh Yeah Reaction GIF by WWE

There's a couple things they could do that would shut me up for a long time, if this is to be a 'big' update hopefully it'll include at least one of these;

All cars in brand central
Ability to sell tuning parts
Fix 2 player split screen
Money for SP time trial (like in GT Sport)

There's a couple things they could do that would shut me up for a long time, if this is to be a 'big' update hopefully it'll include at least one of these;

All cars in brand central
Ability to sell tuning parts
Fix 2 player split screen
Money for SP time trial (like in GT Sport)
If I could sell tuning parts and Engines I don’t use I would be rich!!

Last edited:
PD's cooking...up some extra menus? :P

With a bigger update, I hope there's big QoL changes across all aspects of the game and not just a few more cars/tracks/scapes than usual.

Things like a less frustrating and more reliable livery editor, SOPHY or just improvements to the current AI, more ways to get specific UCD/LCD car+color combos than endlessly waiting, clearing out the lobby and splitscreen known issues that haven't been addressed for a year, more nuanced penalties etc. etc.

Last edited:
Definitely at least a new track and probably a Gr.3/4 car or two. "Response to forza" also makes it seem like an in-game ray tracing mode might be in the cards. Other guesses are AI/Sophy overhaul, major improvements to PSVR2 IQ or UI, and/or new events and partnerships (I've always wanted them to have proper Super GT series events).

I know to keep my expectations in check though, and I'll be happy with a new track and GT3 car if nothing else.

I swear today was the wrong day to look at GTPlanet. We're finally getting something big by the looks of things, hinted by the dataminer himself, and people still joke around, trying to be witty, but it's seriously getting old and only tells us that these people are only posting out of spite.

Once we get said "something big", people will still find ways to bring the mood down. Is this what it's come down to? GT7 brainwashing everyone to mindless monkeys that see no hope or light at the end of the Trial Mountain tunnel.

As for you, GlamFM, you go ahead and poo my posts for no reason. What have I done to you?
VR and Grand Valley have been cool adds. But the majority of the game post launch has been ho hum. It's not weird to raise an eyebrow to the notion of a "big update".

I'll believe it when I see it. Until then it's all lip service.

You wouldn't happen to be on PS4, would you? Ray tracing mode is a thing on PS5. Or did I miss something in the wording? 🤔
I'm on PS5. You are correct that there is a ray tracing mode, however it only takes effect in race replays and photos. There's no actual in-game ray tracing in GT7, which was a bit controversial when the game first came out.

The game still looks mostly great though, and I don't blame them for not prioritizing it at launch (Forza tried and failed).

I dont understand why some still doubting nenkai, he has proove time after time that he legit, if he say it going to be big update then expect that to, remember when he basicly confirmed Jaguar xj220 before it was even in silhouttes in formula update in april, if this is going to be the biggest update yet i would not be supriced With 5-10 cars a new track, a lot more single player content including maybe new championchips and sophy ai maybe that is what the biggest update would proably mean to me, i would love to have sophy ai with gt league expansion for gt7

Well, last time Nenkai said a big update was coming, it was a pretty good update. So I am interested. I would be quite surprised though if it would be GT7 2.0. I think that will be reserved for GT8 on PS5 exclusive.

Back