Nenkai (X/Twitter): Kaz is cooking

• Thread starter DJShadesUK
  • 981 comments
We really really need to keep our expectations in check 😅

Nenkai said "Next one is shaping to be the biggest update we've had so far."

Biggest we've had so far.

The updates have all been pretty small up until this point, it's not hard to be the "biggest" when every other one has been so small. Biggest doesn't mean huge. It doesn't mean a Spec II. It doesn't mean a complete rewrite. It just means bigger - but it doesn't say by what amount.

Last edited:
We really really need to keep our expectations in check 😅

Nenkai said "Next one is shaping to be the biggest update we've had so far."

Biggest we've had so far.

The updates have all been pretty small up until this point, it's not hard to be the "biggest" when every other one has been so small. Biggest doesn't mean huge. It doesn't mean a Spec II. It doesn't mean a complete rewrite. It just means bigger - but it doesn't say by what amount.
Feburary update was pretty big. We had one track, 4 cars (officialy 5 but those were 2 versions of one car) VR support, and Sophy events. If we are getting more than that I will be massively satisfied.

In my mind, for it to be classified as a "major" update, it would need to have at LEAST one of these things:
  • Totally revamped career mode similar to older games
  • Sophy replacing offline AI (including on PS4)
  • Day/night and rain for all tracks
  • Course maker (or another similarly major feature)
  • Major track update (e.g. one of Pikes Peak/Isle of Man/Targa Florio) or return of several classic tracks at once (e.g. Autumn Ring + Grindelwald + El Capitan)
  • Adding a complete category of cars from a racing series (e.g. WEC Hypercars)
  • Last but not least, a kickass Spec 2.0 intro :P

My guess, probably we are getting a big track. The last round of Nations Cup is still TBA. Could be the return of Sierra, or finally we get Pikes Peak.

Or Nenkai could just be trolling and Kaz is "cooking" 50 new cafe menu books :lol:

It's gonna be a long wait for the silhouettes this weekend and patch notes next week...

Just like psvr2 Sophy ai will never happen on ps4 its to demanding on the hardware

Feburary update was pretty big. We had one track, 4 cars (officialy 5 but those were 2 versions of one car) VR support, and Sophy events. If we are getting more than that I will be massively satisfied.
I'm trying my best to keep my expectations in check. But even I'm secretly hoping for a full-length Sophy career mode. We can dream right :lol:

I'd love a season pass I could just pay for with better races, better policing, bigger grid, other cars, other tracks, etc. Intermixing casuals and hardcore audiences is always a losing proposition. You can leave the dailies for practice, DR and for fun. Like SF6 implemented two rankings. Regular fighting points for the casuals and then a more hardcore MR rating similar to Chess' ELO so you can actually tell how good someone is.

The game is actually quite good. But this passive aggressive approach to updates isn't good for anyone. If you want to charge for it just charge for it JFC. But make it good. Like restaurants lately have all dipped in quality because they're afraid of raising prices. Just raise the prices and give me the good food. I get it. This isn't 2003 anymore. It's fine.

I'd love a season pass I could just pay for with better races, better policing, bigger grid, other cars, other tracks, etc. Intermixing casuals and hardcore audiences is always a losing proposition. You can leave the dailies for practice, DR and for fun. Like SF6 implemented two rankings. Regular fighting points for the casuals and then a more hardcore MR rating similar to Chess' ELO so you can actually tell how good someone is.

The game is actually quite good. But this passive aggressive approach to updates isn't good for anyone. If you want to charge for it just charge for it JFC. But make it good. Like restaurants lately have all dipped in quality because they're afraid of raising prices. Just raise the prices and give me the good food. I get it. This isn't 2003 anymore. It's fine.
And I prefer it this way without blocking access to anyone. This way all new content can be used in multiplayer/lobbies etc. Remember Battlefield 4 and 1 with paid DLC? when there were hardly any serwers to play on DLC maps? Yeah. This isn't good either.

If it's Sophy related, I really hope it's more than just a handful of specific events. A career or championship mode with Sophy would be great, and ideally something for custom races, though I think that's unlikely.
Maybe we'll get Sophy integrated in stages - a handful of events now, more later, and a full experience down the line. I hope I'm wrong though and it comes through much quicker!

Sophy ai will never happen on ps4 its to demanding on the hardware
Sophy on GTS started on PS4.
As the training is over, even less performance should be required, so I wouldnt totally rule out seeing Sophy on PS4 because only of PS4 lack of performance

I'm 99.9% sure there won't be a new career mode. The game is 1.5 years old. Has any game ever gotten something like this for free after 1.5 years?
No Man's Sky, which recently - at seven years of age - got a significant update as part of its current v4 game version.

In my mind, for it to be classified as a "major" update, it would need to have at LEAST one of these things:
  • Totally revamped career mode similar to older games
  • Sophy replacing offline AI (including on PS4)
  • Day/night and rain for all tracks
  • Course maker (or another similarly major feature)
  • Major track update (e.g. one of Pikes Peak/Isle of Man/Targa Florio) or return of several classic tracks at once (e.g. Autumn Ring + Grindelwald + El Capitan)
  • Adding a complete category of cars from a racing series (e.g. WEC Hypercars)
  • Last but not least, a kickass Spec 2.0 intro :P

My guess, probably we are getting a big track. The last round of Nations Cup is still TBA. Could be the return of Sierra, or finally we get Pikes Peak.

Or Nenkai could just be trolling and Kaz is "cooking" 50 new cafe menu books :lol:

It's gonna be a long wait for the silhouettes this weekend and patch notes next week...
I would love 50 new menu books (not the extra menus to be clear)!

Tbh their focus should be on add.new single player races where they use the existing tracks and cars, we have 37 locations and over 100 layouts, even though you can see 10 races on Tokyo and only 3 in Interlagos, or Lago Maggiorie where most of the races are on central and GP layouts and they have other 6/8 layers wiithout use, and cars they rely on the usage of BMW, porsche, JDMs, Gr1, Gr4 and Gr3, and there are hundreds of cars that are only getting action eventually on the TT

Last edited:
Sophy on GTS started on PS4.
As the training is over, even less performance should be required, so I wouldnt totally rule out seeing Sophy on PS4 because only of PS4 lack of performance

Their was no sophy on gt sport for standard player to race against it was just in some live events and time trials, on beta tests for ps5 we could only race against 4 sophy ai at a time, its already confirmed that this ai is very demanding for the hardware dont expect any sophy on the ps4 or you will end up dissapointed

Last edited:
Their was no sophy on gt sport for standard player to race against it was just in some live events and time trials, on beta tests for ps5 we could only race against 4 sophy ai at a time, its already confirmed that this ai is very demanding for the hardware dont expect any sophy on the ps4 or you will end up dissapointed
I wonder is 20 car grids with Sophy even possible on PS5. It would be great to make custom endurance races with this AI.
But if not it would be great to get atleast 3-4 cars for more close races.

Or maybe... how about hybrid AI? Make 3-4 Sophy cars with standard GT AI crowd. That would be good too.

Events, events, and events. Proper ones. Not scavenger hunt Extra Menus or hastily made, chase the rabbit ones from the Cafe. QOL improvements (online especially - host migration, shuffle racing, community building/friend-focused improvements, etc.) would be far more important than new cars or tracks for me. The foundation for a stellar game is there, it is just frustrating they don’t utilize it properly.

My only wish for this “major” update. We know PD can deliver if they intentionally focus on the right places, and even make us smile with quirky, very GT additions. Still believing after more than a year, despite PD’s lack of substantial communication.

Last edited:
My thing is, if they add Sophy career events, and they're limited to PS5 only, then they deserve any and all backlash they would get. If they want to do anything with Sophy AI other than a couple time-limited events here and there, then they should wait until GT8 when developing for the PS4 is more-or-less out of the question.

I get the PS4 is old, but, they had made the choice to make this a cross-gen game. They dug this proverbial hole.

Last edited:
My thing is, if they add Sophy career events, and they're limited to PS5 only, then they deserve any and all backlash they would get.

I didn't buy the game just so I could not have access to the same content.

Be realistic. Did you also expected PSVR2 support and ray tracing on PS4? Sophy is imposible on PS4. It was made pretty clear after those timed events.

Be realistic. Did you also expected PSVR2 support and ray tracing on PS4? Sophy is imposible on PS4. It was made pretty clear after those timed events.
I don't care about VR in any game. And Ray tracing is just fancier graphics, something which doesn't impact gameplay in any meaningful way.

Adding career events specifically available to only one user base is just asking for trouble, especially when you consider how much people on from both user bases are asking for more events. Like I had edited my comment you quoted to say - save it for GT8 when developing for PS4 isn't relevant.

Sophy should be very possible on a PS4, it just depends how it's compiled and implemented. Having it actively learning while in game is probably not possible, but saving a fixed state of learning should be.

The problem with Sophy is they probably need a different instance of it for each AI car and each track combination. So you will have a significant amount of code being stuffed into the game. Running multiple instances at once might present problems, but once you disable the learning state, it's just lines of code at the end of the day.

Last edited:
I don't care about VR in any game. And Ray tracing is just fancier graphics, something which doesn't impact gameplay in any meaningful way.

Adding career events specifically available to only one user base is just asking for trouble, especially when you consider how much people on from both user bases are asking for more events. Like I had edited my comment you quoted to say - save it for GT8 when developing for PS4 isn't relevant.
Sophy should be very possible on a PS4, it just depends how it's compiled and implemented. Having it actively learning while in game is probably not possible, but saving a fixed state of learning should be.

The problem with Sophy is they probably need a different instance of it for each AI car and each track combination. So you will have a significant amount of code being stuffed into the game. Running multiple instances at once might present problems, but once you disable the learning state, it's just lines of code at the end of the day.
PS4 is 10 year old tech, it's time to move on. I don't want PD wasting time trying to optimize for a last gen console with an ancient Jaguar CPU. PS5s are plentiful now and we're literally only a year a way from the PS5 Pro. People need to upgrade instead of expecting devs to work miracles.

Back