Netscape

Originally posted by Ghostrider
I guess Macromedia wants a piece of pie with the PNG format.

What makes you say that? Did they have some developemental influence back in the day? Or are they just using it now?

The last I heard, they wanted the standard for the web to be Flash 5. They even submitted an official request to the W3C. I seriously doubt it will happen. I bet Microsoft tries with .NET next. Or maybe not - they'll probably just drop W3C completely and start their own Internet. They've already claimed that most of the security holes in their operating systems and software are due to TCP/IP (transport carrier protocal / internet protocal) and have writen their own replacement for it. Best of luck on getting Cisco to add it to their routers.

~LoudMusic

Originally posted by LoudMusic

What makes you say that? Did they have some developemental influence back in the day? Or are they just using it now?
I was just saying that Macromedia has a big place in the internet right now and the PNG format that Firworks uses would be an added enhancement for them. Right now they use the PNG when saving thier files.

Oh. Adobe's stuff has PNG capabilities too, but it's not the default, nore is it software standard. That's cool about Macromedia though. I'll have to give their stuff another look.

~LoudMusic

Originally posted by LoudMusic
Oh. Adobe's stuff has PNG capabilities too, but it's not the default, nore is it software standard. That's cool about Macromedia though. I'll have to give their stuff another look.

~LoudMusic
I have been using Fireworks for about a year now and like it alot. Well worth a try.. ;)

Back